Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

On 29/12/2018 at 17:43, Kitchandro said:

Our strength is attacking and playing at a high tempo, to do that you need to commit bodies forward and press high up the pitch. 'Counter attacking' is just another part of that game plan, it is not an entire philosophy.

Playing 1 isolated man up front makes it very hard for us to get the ball forward quickly enough and to pull their defenders around. It is easy for the opposition defence to hold their positions. That's just one reason we are tactically inept.

Another is playing 2, sometimes 3 defensive minded midfielders whilst asking your full backs to attack. Just odd. Pick wingers if you want width. you need 1 good defensive mid not 3.

This is basic stuff.

This. 

2 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

This. 

Do you think so ? ...... don’t you think the game has moved on since the seventies ??

In any case, If you have full backs whose best asset is overlapping then surely you utilise them to do so?  

If you have Mahrez and Sterling then sure you can play Simpson and Fuchs ....but we don’t ..........

• Like 1

On 29/12/2018 at 17:16, m4DD0gg said:

Completley agree. 

Foxestalk lovin for puel but what is the point in a manager that cant outwit Neil warnock at home. 

It's the fans I feel sorry for. Minimum of 25-30 quid each to watch that total shambles. 

I certainly don;t sorry for fans that boo their own players onto the pitch. 

5 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

7 home wins in calendar year 2018, 2 of which against the worst team in the league and a fluke against man city......pathetic.

I don't think it was a fluke against man City. Imo we deserved to win. I don't get this selective stats fans come out with. We have also beaten arsenal at home and Chelsea away this year. I'm not saying puel gets everything right no manager does but we are in a decent position in the league and heading in the right direction. 

• Like 1

On 29/12/2018 at 19:26, Countryfox said:

I can beat that ... not only does the old cvnt near me moan and boo at absolutely everything ...    he fookin smells !!

That’s a horrible thing to say about your bezzie Mr CF...  you know very well that my particular “musk” is down to me long-standing preference for Izal toilet paper...

Substitutions killed off any hopes of winning that game, we set up too negatively to begin with and took off our best attacking threats. I gave him credit for the wins against Chelsea and Man City, but by all accounts he will be criticised when he gets it wrong which is all too frequent. I have not seen any improvement in the squad and performances which correct me if I'm wrong but he was brought in to do that. 

Club just need to end this debacle of "when is he going" and just get rid.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
11 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Almost as soon as Puel arrived, Appleton was sidelined. He went from assistant manager to someone who just does prep on future opposition. Puel wasn't talking to him by the end of the season and Appleton was sacked by a phone call when he was on honeymoon. Seemed to be liked in the dressing room so that didn't help things.

This is what people dont seem to get, he treats his staff like shit.

The manager should get the best out of his team. Too often for me he doesnt, it's an out from me but not until the summer.

Edited by Abrasive fox

1 hour ago, Foxes1 said:

Get the person out who had a big say in bringing Puel to the club. Rudkin out.

I don't subscribe to the notion that Puel should never have been appointed. At the time we sacked Shakespeare we were in the bottom three and the other names that were being banded about were not exactly inspiring. He's a manager that promotes youth and more than likely keeps you well out of trouble, and therefore makes the club money. I can see why they went for him, even if the football is often boring.

• Like 1

Tactically he may be adept but he comes across as uninspiring and boring and I can't imagine how he would get the players excited for Cardiff at home. If we played with the same energy that we do against the bigger teams we would be in a very strong position imo. 

People say that is down to the players which it is to a certain degree - but the manager is the one who must get it out of them. Look at United without Mourinho - that freedom and attacking intent has shown as United have demolished the smaller teams.

Sometimes you can over coach and I feel that we have done well against the bigger teams as Puel has had a plan that the players have bought into and have executed but against the smaller teams I feel like he is trying to dictate and control when we should just tell the players to play with freedom in the final third. 

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Foxes1 said:

Get the person out who had a big say in bringing Puel to the club. Rudkin out.

Good luck with that one....

On 29/12/2018 at 17:16, m4DD0gg said:

Completley agree. 

Foxestalk lovin for puel but what is the point in a manager that cant outwit Neil warnock at home. 

It's the fans I feel sorry for. Minimum of 25-30 quid each to watch that total shambles. 

I’d prefer better football too but I’d also prefer a half empty stadium than one packed out but with a sizeable portion of fans whingeing because they consider that the entry fee means that we should always be beating every team (or most)  with scintillating football and booing our own team when we fall below that mark

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

This is what people dont seem to get, he treats his staff like shit.

The manager should get the best out of his team. Too often for me he doesnt, it's an out from me but not until the summer.

Raneiri did the same thing. Yet gets called a ‘gentlemen’ etc.