Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

7 hours ago, shailen said:

Tactically he may be adept but he comes across as uninspiring and boring and I can't imagine how he would get the players excited for Cardiff at home. If we played with the same energy that we do against the bigger teams we would be in a very strong position imo. 

People say that is down to the players which it is to a certain degree - but the manager is the one who must get it out of them. Look at United without Mourinho - that freedom and attacking intent has shown as United have demolished the smaller teams.

Sometimes you can over coach and I feel that we have done well against the bigger teams as Puel has had a plan that the players have bought into and have executed but against the smaller teams I feel like he is trying to dictate and control when we should just tell the players to play with freedom in the final third. 

Slightly bit easier I'd suggest with the offensive and expensive talents of Martial, Lingard, Rashford and Pogba etc. than the players we have at our disposal? 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Slightly bit easier I'd suggest with the offensive and expensive talents of Martial, Lingard, Rashford and Pogba etc. than the players we have at our disposal? 

True but how poor did all of those players look under Mourinho? I'm not saying we have the same level of players but I believe the mentality should be the same against the so called smaller teams.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shailen said:

True but how poor did all of those players look under Mourinho? I'm not saying we have the same level of players but I believe the mentality should be the same against the so called smaller teams.

Fair comment. But we have to be realistic about the quality of our squad too. 

13 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

7 home wins in calendar year 2018, 2 of which against the worst team in the league and a fluke against man city......pathetic.

So our win against Man City was a fluke, but the games we dominated and didn't win are our own fault? Can't have it both ways to suit an agenda.

9 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

You do know we gained the penalty after 2 of the subs came on, right?

Yes, did we win? No, did we score? No. Don't think we really tested them after the subs.. we were far more effective with the players on the pitch, in my opinion we should have strengthened that position and brought subs on to support the attack.. not completely replace it with inferior players.

10 hours ago, Furtle said:

That’s a horrible thing to say about your bezzie Mr CF...  you know very well that my particular “musk” is down to me long-standing preference for Izal toilet paper...

:D ...   you know exactly who the old git is ...   and luckily for you I block most of the stench.    And anyway, I thought you were an Andrex boy like me ...   

Be nice to see something dynamic happening ....       get Barnes back and give them Gray in return ...   buy a goal scorer in January ....    and rest our current midfield pairing by playing Silva (who’s looking good in training) and Choudry (who’s looking good full stop) ...

33 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

So our win against Man City was a fluke, but the games we dominated and didn't win are our own fault? Can't have it both ways to suit an agenda.

eh?

man city were poor as were chelsea we played them at the right time and rode our luck and it paid off

7 wins at home in a calendar year is disgusting

• Like 2

1 minute ago, m4DD0gg said:

eh?

man city were poor as were chelsea we played them at the right time and rode our luck and it paid off

7 wins at home in a calendar year is disgusting

You can't call the Man City win a fluke (despite us outplaying them) then bemoan the games we have dominated and should have won ourselves. Say what you like about the style of football, it could and should be much better but if we'd actually put our chances away in games like Cardiff & Burnley we would have won comfortably. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/968317464?-36514:815

So Rafa Benitez has gone from 100/1 to 7/2 to become the next leicester manager since yesterday.

That's a huge difference huge.

Wonder if there is going to be movement.

Something must of been said for the bookies to to drop that much 

Or, someone just put a lot of money on it

22 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

You can't call the Man City win a fluke (despite us outplaying them) then bemoan the games we have dominated and should have won ourselves. Say what you like about the style of football, it could and should be much better but if we'd actually put our chances away in games like Cardiff & Burnley we would have won comfortably. 

Seven

Home

Wins

If you think that is acceptable then i fear for the future of our fanbase.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Or, someone just put a lot of money on it

From it to go from 100/1 to 7/2 it would it have to accumulate a high volume of bets at high stakes.

Since yesterday.

Not just one person putting money on it

Just now, Ricey said:

Anyone wanting Benitez because they think Puel’s football is negative and dull are going to be sorely disappointed.

Puels football is ‘negative and dull’  and more importantleee,  not getting enough wins ............ I think if we were winning the home games by the odd goal by committing more, people would be understanding.......

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

From it to go from 100/1 to 7/2 it would it have to accumulate a high volume of bets at high stakes.

Since yesterday.

How often are there random shifts in odds on things like these? Its very possible that they just did it to lure silly betters into spunking their money on things like this.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Twenty quid would do it if it really was 100/1 ................

That's not how it works.

Leicester were 5000/1 over 1000 people bet on leicester whether is was a pound or 100 pound etc.

The odds didn't change until the first 13 games.

High number of bets and high stakes.

The likeyhood makes the odds change

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

Since yesterday.

Disagreee - new manager markets are small.  Doesn’t take much exposure to bring the odds right down. How big do you think the ‘next LCFC manager’ book is ?  A score and 100/1 is suddenly £2000 to be balanced against the size of the book. 

Just now, Fox85 said:

That's not how it works.

Leicester were 5000/1 over 1000 people bet on leicester whether is was a pound or 100 pound etc.

The odds didn't change until the first 13 games.

High number of bets and high stakes.

The likeyhood makes the odds change

That’s because no one considered it a possibility ..... like elvis walking into time square ..... it is feasible that Benitez could be our next manager so the market will work how it should do with the size of the exposure reflected by the odds. a bookie makes money by having every outcome a winner for them .....even the favourite ......

• Like 2

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Disagreee - new manager markets are small.  Doesn’t take much exposure to bring the odds right down. How big do you think the ‘next LCFC manager’ book is ?  A score and 100/1 is suddenly £2000 to be balanced against the size of the book. 

Bookies dont put a price of 100/1 for 1 person to bet on it.

There has to be substance to it for it to fall.

I know what your saying but realistically either many people have got false information or there is movement.

I always wanted Benitez but when I've actually looked Into it I'm not sure it's a direction for the long term.

Don't think many of our youth would play.

I think we would be more successful under him thou.

I used to live and get excited about leicester games now I'm literally like oh yea we are playing sat or tomo etc