Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

42 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

eh?

man city were poor as were chelsea we played them at the right time and rode our luck and it paid off

7 wins at home in a calendar year is disgusting

You..you yooouuuu!!!  ungracious Maddog!!!    . Down boy!!!   siiitt!

Edited by fuchsntf

41 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/968317464?-36514:815

So Rafa Benitez has gone from 100/1 to 7/2 to become the next leicester manager since yesterday.

That's a huge difference huge.

Wonder if there is going to be movement.

Something must of been said for the bookies to to drop that much 

Because someone will have seen 100/1 and thought "that's worth a tenner".

Nothing to do with anything else.

6 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Bookies dont put a price of 100/1 for 1 person to bet on it.

There has to be substance to it for it to fall.

I know what your saying but realistically either many people have got false information or there is movement.

I always wanted Benitez but when I've actually looked Into it I'm not sure it's a direction for the long term.

Don't think many of our youth would play.

I think we would be more successful under him thou.

I used to live and get excited about leicester games now I'm literally like oh yea we are playing sat or tomo etc

Tbh, I would like to see some evidence that he was ever really 100/1. 

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Because someone will have seen 100/1 and thought "that's worth a tenner".

Nothing to do with anything else.

Or Top has approached Ashley he's said fine. Then thought win win double compo down the bookies I go. 

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Puels football is ‘negative and dull’  and more importantleee,  not getting enough wins ............ I think if we were winning the home games by the odd goal by committing more, people would be understanding.......

People wouldn't be understanding.

They start accepting it as we're winning, then eventually they'll get bored of the style of play and the whole game starts again 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Tbh, I would like to see some evidence that he was ever really 100/1. 

Oddschecker still have him at 100/1 with Paddy Power (he's 7/2 with them on the PP site). So either Oddschecker updates aren't working or it's true... 

Edited by turtmcfly

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Raneiri did the same thing. Yet gets called a ‘gentlemen’ 

Ultimately that did for him.

1 hour ago, l444ry said:

No great Puel supporter myself but would rather keep him than have Rodgers or Benitez. 

I agree with this. That Liverpool documentary exposed Rogers as a bit of a clown in my opinion, and I don’t see Benitez as a match for us. As has been said, his football is very defensive which everyone seems set against. It is also well known in the sports science world that Benitez has no time for sports science, especially data analysis which we are regarded as one of the best at, and a big part of our recent successes. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

I agree with this. That Liverpool documentary exposed Rogers as a bit of a clown in my opinion, and I don’t see Benitez as a match for us. As has been said, his football is very defensive which everyone seems set against. It is also well known in the sports science world that Benitez has no time for sports science, especially data analysis which we are regarded as one of the best at, and a big part of our recent successes. 

I was aghast at that c5 documentary on Rodgers and how amateur he appeared. He really did come across as a punter winging it rather than a professional at the top of his field.

A scene sticks with me when signing Joe Allen. Rodgers was largely pre occupied with what number Allen should wear, as if it actually mattered.

• Like 1

Just now, Paninistickers said:

I was aghast at that c5 documentary on Rodgers and how amateur he appeared. He really did come across as a punter winging it rather than a professional at the top of his field.

A scene sticks with me when signing Joe Allen. Rodgers was largely pre occupied with what number Allen should wear, as if it actually mattered.

And what about “the player whose name is in this envelope will let us down before the end of the season scene”.

Never seen anything so ridiculous. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Didn’t he refer to him as the welsh xavi

I'm Puel out but Benitez isn't the man. His sides are always defensively set up. We would play better football under Puel for sure. We need someone of the Klopp mould - who brings energy to the team to go out and put 110% in week in week out and can motivate the team. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ronnup said:

I think he’s likely to go between now and summer. Earlier would surprise me. 

28 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

He's here till the summer at least.

I would have agreed with this but the apparent state of things behind the scenes means he may not get that far ......

If another manager comes in we’re basically hitting the reset button. 

Things arent bad enough that we should risk another year of system changes, new players coming in to fit different philosophies etc. 

I do feel like we’re close to making it work with Puel. We could have beaten Cardiff 2 or 3 nil if we’d have just taken our chances. 

Keep the faith! 

• Like 1

the thing that annoys me most about him going before the summer is that as always; we will have done zero fvcking work to find a suitable replacement who can continue to build on the good he's done and we will spend three weeks sifting through all of the absolute dog-turd shite that is currently out of management and end up settling for someone who is no better and off we go again on the same stupid ****ing merry-go-round bullshit we do every single ****ing time. 

our manager recruitment strategy is absolutely wank

• Like 1