Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

27 minutes ago, Gevans_97 said:

If another manager comes in we’re basically hitting the reset button. 

Things arent bad enough that we should risk another year of system changes, new players coming in to fit different philosophies etc. 

I do feel like we’re close to making it work with Puel. We could have beaten Cardiff 2 or 3 nil if we’d have just taken our chances. 

Keep the faith! 

Blind faith? 

21 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

He's not going anywhere soon. It's not even an agenda at the club right now. 

I’m sure that’s currently the case fin but if nothing changes then at what point does it ??? 

and someone briefed nursey that the three games over Xmas was important to his future ..........

14 minutes ago, Gevans_97 said:

We’re 8th in the Premier League and have just beaten Chelsea and Manchester City. I think my faith is pretty well found.

Out of interest what were your thoughts pre-Chelsea and Man City.

I'm not trying to change history or what has been, we beat both of them, we played well, just wondering how much those two games had a bearing on your opinion though given all the poor bits we've seen.

As i've said people seem to flip-flop between in and out from one match to the next, a large percentage made comments and voted out before those games, 1 game v Chelsea shifted the opinion, the following game v Man City, shifted the opinion even more, the loss to Cardiff shifted some of those opinions back to out. This is why there are accusation of people being fickle, i'm not saying you personally by that way.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

the thing that annoys me most about him going before the summer is that as always; we will have done zero fvcking work to find a suitable replacement who can continue to build on the good he's done and we will spend three weeks sifting through all of the absolute dog-turd shite that is currently out of management and end up settling for someone who is no better and off we go again on the same stupid ****ing merry-go-round bullshit we do every single ****ing time. 

our manager recruitment strategy is absolutely wank

Always has been how many decent appointments since Gillies 5 at the most

17 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

How about Plan B as...

"Puel treats his staff better, learns how to motivate/inspire players and fans better, stays in his job."

Then he doesn't need replacing. Win/Win!

How likely is it a guy of that age will change his whole persona?

35 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

He's not going anywhere soon. It's not even an agenda at the club right now. 

i find your posts genuine and believable but why such a differing story from @st albans fox who also seems reasonably clued up on club news? he seems to think the Percy article is true? 

two posters who I find credible with completely different stories.

45 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

the thing that annoys me most about him going before the summer is that as always; we will have done zero fvcking work to find a suitable replacement who can continue to build on the good he's done and we will spend three weeks sifting through all of the absolute dog-turd shite that is currently out of management and end up settling for someone who is no better and off we go again on the same stupid ****ing merry-go-round bullshit we do every single ****ing time. 

our manager recruitment strategy is absolutely wank

It always has been I would say only possiblly 5 since Gillies

3 minutes ago, F1_AN said:

How likely is it a guy of that age will change his whole persona?

That's the problem.

I'm not sure he really 'gets' what's going on around him, sadly.

If he doesn't have an 'advisor' then he probably needs one, someone to take the (metaphorical) temperature of the players/club/fans and help him tweak a few things.

We all need people around us to guide and advise, whatever age.

He could be so much better and that's frustrating.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shailen said:

I'm Puel out but Benitez isn't the man. His sides are always defensively set up. We would play better football under Puel for sure. We need someone of the Klopp mould - who brings energy to the team to go out and put 110% in week in week out and can motivate the team. 

Benitez would be a disaster here. Anyone clamouring for him needs a head check. 

If we're going to get rid of Puel this club needs an inspiring, progressive manager. 

People think Puel is boring, Benitez is hardly exciting in his demeanour either - and seeing as personality seems to matter more than ability to some fans here, he wouldn't last 5 minutes after a couple of losses.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm not trying to change history or what has been, we beat both of them, we played well, just wondering how much those two games had a bearing on your opinion though given all the poor bits we've seen.

As i've said people seem to flip-flop between in and out from one match to the next, I large percentage made feelings and voted out before those games, 1 game v Chelsea shifted the opinion, the following game v Man City, shifted the opinion even more, the loss to Cardiff shifted some of those opinions back to out. This is why there are accusation of people being fickle, i'm not saying you personally by that way.

Personally I was still ‘Puel - In’ because I believe that stability is the best thing for the club this season, and although we were playing poor football we were by no means in a bad place, which we could have easily been given the tragic events this season. We still don’t know to what extent that is affecting the whole club. 

I like Puel and want to give him the benefit of the doubt - but of course at the time I was getting frustrated. Come to me in a few weeks and I may be frustrated again. But as long as we’re mid table, pushing for top half/Europe, I’m prepared to give Claude the full season. 

if it doesn’t work after that, then of course, get rid. But I think stability is key right now, and we’re by no means in trouble. 

Dont get me wrong, I have my doubts about him, but I do feel we are close to unlocking that extra 5% to be able to beat those teams we’ve struggled against, whether it’s bringing in 1 or 2 more players, tinkering the system a bit, or just finally getting all the players to click.

I’ve always said I think next year will be where we really start to see true progress. I just think it’s risky to have another managerial change, causing a change in philosophy, overhaul of players etc, when I (personally) believe we’re close to finding the answer.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

As i've said people seem to flip-flop between in and out from one match to the next, a large percentage made comments and voted out before those games, 1 game v Chelsea shifted the opinion, the following game v Man City, shifted the opinion even more, the loss to Cardiff shifted some of those opinions back to out. This is why there are accusation of people being fickle, i'm not saying you personally by that way.

I don’t think it’s any of the “Puel inners” that have been flip-flopping between in and out. Would be pretty moronic to shift from puel in to puel out during the run of Man City and Chelsea games.

10 minutes ago, Foxboy said:

I don’t think it’s any of the “Puel inners” that have been flip-flopping between in and out. Would be pretty moronic to shift from puel in to puel out during the run of Man City and Chelsea games.

Of course.

That's what I was highlighting though, pre-Chelsea, comments and votes showed a large amount of people saying out, 1 game, changed it.

Just like one game, the Arsenal game last season had a similar effect.

Atleast there is abit more reasoning behind the shift this time in the fact we followed the Chelsea game by beating and playing well against Man City although there was another shift following that with the Cardiff game.

Edited by Matt

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Of course.

That's what I was highlighting though, pre-Chelsea, comments and votes showed a large amount of people saying out, 1 game, changed it.

Just like one game, the Arsenal game last season had a similar effect.

Atleast there is abit more reasoning behind the shift this time in the fact we followed it up beating and playing well against Man City although there was another shift following that with the Cardiff game.

Okay, I see what you’re getting at. It is pretty ridiculous that views can change over one game. I think a lot of the “puel out” brigade had already wrote off the Man City and Chelsea game as losses, a lot suggesting we’d be fighting relegation at this stage, then when we won both realised that the season wasn’t actually as bad as they’d previously thought.

3 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Fans have every right to be frustrated.

Don't get it the reason people boo is.

A. because they are passionate about there side and they are playing shit football.

B. They pay hard earned money to watch utter dross. Sometimes the hard working fans with little money are lucky to sneak a win( lucky ).

C. We have gone from a team that fought from the 1st minute to the 90+min to a team that just casually pass the ball sideways and back to the keeper.

Then when we get into a attacking position we pass it back to kasper for him to boot it out of play.

The motivation  should first and foremost come from the manager,The players should know and understand all aspects of his tactics and positions.

Not go and speak to the manager 15mins into the first half because he doesn't know where he is meant to be playing. 

Despite frustration etc., I have an old fashioned idea of supporting your team whatever... 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 2

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I have an old fashioned idea of supporting your team whatever... 

Doesnt mean we don't support them.

It means we want the best for them.

That does not mean spend all the money you can to watch them play shit football.

The fact of the matter is we have a hugely talented side with piss poor performances.

Who's fault is it the players don't know what their doing ?

• Like 1