Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Doesnt mean we don't support them.

It means we want the best for them.

That does not mean spend all the money you can to watch them play shit football.

The fact of the matter is we have a hugely talented side with piss poor performances.

Who's fault is it the players don't know what their doing ?

Our team is hardy “hugely” talented, we have a few talented youngsters and some older players who have peaked and are only gunna get worse.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Doesnt mean we don't support them.

It means we want the best for them.

That does not mean spend all the money you can to watch them play shit football.

The fact of the matter is we have a hugely talented side with piss poor performances.

Who's fault is it the players don't know what their doing ?

I think they know what they're doing,  I just don't think a few of them are as hugely talented as you think. You can't get champagne and oyster football out of beer and chips players. Doesn't matter which manager you put in charge of the same team at at the start of the season, they were never going to finish sixth or above and it could have been a lot worse. To think some people were screaming for Dyche and Howe?  I like both of them, but they actually haven't faired much better. We are about in the table or just above where we should reasonably expect to be. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Despite frustration etc., I have an old fashioned idea of supporting your team whatever... 

Me too, but it would be interesting to know to what position in League Two LCFC have to fall before you think there's something wrong ? Perhaps you'd be happier supporting Newport ?

9 minutes ago, weller54 said:

We lost at home to Cardiff, lost to Palace, got hammered at Bournemouth... 

Couldn't beat Burnley,  Fulham or a ten man West Ham.. 

Got a jammy win against Wolves and failed to impress in all but a handful of matches under Puel. 

So I'll stick to the blind faith opinion. 

Happy new year! 

I think the problem is that you expect us to be walking these games. Everton, West Ham, Watford, Bournemouth, Wolves, Brighton and us are pretty much all in a similar position atm. None of us are good enough to walk all over the teams 14th-20th, yet we can all sneak in good results against the top 6. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Got a jammy win against Wolves and failed to impress in all but a handful of matches under Puel. 

Happy new year! 

Were a shambles at Brighton

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jumbo747 said:

Me too, but it would be interesting to know to what position in League Two LCFC have to fall before you think there's something wrong ? Perhaps you'd be happier supporting Newport ?

We’ve not even fallen into the relegation zone in the PREMIER LEAGUE. Why are you even bringing league two into this??

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Well we're 3 points above 13th as it stands.

Or alternatively 1 point behind 7th. But, you look further away and down because you quite clearly want Puel to fail (hence why you keep portraying being an inconsistent midtable side as being poor rather than what we can expect from the budget we have)

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, jumbo747 said:

My first team Newport County before I moved to Leicester and started supporting the Foxes. So happy still to 'support' Newport, as I did when they were out of the league, though not this weekend coming. ?

To address your hyperbole though, we are ninth in the PL. Hardly the crisis position you seem to suggest. And you support your team wherever they are. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Or alternatively 1 point behind 7th. But, you look further away and down because you quite clearly want Puel to fail (hence why you keep portraying being an inconsistent midtable side as being poor rather than what we can expect from the budget we have)

I was highlighting the way the mid table looks.

And, once again, just for the record...

I WANT PUEL TO IMPROVE IN VARIOUS ASPECTS, NOT FAIL

Hope that clears things up x

48 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

If they keep Puel to the end of the season, what position will we finish up in the Prem League,will it be double figures

I was wondering about that after Cardiff, where do we really fit in the table. I can see West Ham, Wolves and Everton finishing above us, Watford, Bournemouth and Brighton also have a good chance. Nothing in the way we play tells me we are better than the rest of this mid table lot and we are prone to dropping points with teams from the bottom. We look better than most of them on paper, but that's about it.

34 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Happy new year! 

Totally agreed on this post

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

i find your posts genuine and believable but why such a differing story from @st albans fox who also seems reasonably clued up on club news? he seems to think the Percy article is true? 

two posters who I find credible with completely different stories.

Don’t get me wrong - Percy has been briefed but that doesn’t mean the people briefing him have much influence ...... those at the top are likely not looking to make any changes after what happened 

the situation behind the scenes ain’t great and I guess it has to get worse before things come to a head 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Out of interest what were your thoughts pre-Chelsea and Man City.

I'm not trying to change history or what has been, we beat both of them, we played well, just wondering how much those two games had a bearing on your opinion though given all the poor bits we've seen.

As i've said people seem to flip-flop between in and out from one match to the next, a large percentage made comments and voted out before those games, 1 game v Chelsea shifted the opinion, the following game v Man City, shifted the opinion even more, the loss to Cardiff shifted some of those opinions back to out. This is why there are accusation of people being fickle, i'm not saying you personally by that way.

I can personally say I've always been 'Puel in'

He frustrates me, our playing style has me questioning my faith sometimes, he bores me and I very rarely listen to post match interviews but.........

We're currently where I'd expect us to be in the league. I'd like to qualify for Europe and we're on course to be in the mix. We severely messed up our transfer dealings after we won the league and Puel has made good progress of clearing that up. We've bought young and very decent players as well as promoted from within. We've signed experience where it has been needed. 

Negatively speaking, sometimes it seems as though he has too much faith in a few players, Gray for example, and I wonder how long that faith will last. Is he truly stubborn and just keep playing those players in the hope that maybe they'll improve or will it run out and he'll change it?

I'm a firm believer in stability and that success doesn't happen over night. I'd like to think that we are still, and will be for some time, in a transitional period. Slowly he is bringing in the players that suit the style that so far has bored so many of us, myself included at times. We are not Man City or PSG and can't just throw money at the team and get everything we want immediately, we have to be more careful and considered about it. 

For me the pros outweigh the cons, just. But in the long term I do believe that he is setting us up for a decent future 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Foxboy said:

I think the problem is that you expect us to be walking these games. Everton, West Ham, Watford, Bournemouth, Wolves, Brighton and us are pretty much all in a similar position atm. None of us are good enough to walk all over the teams 14th-20th, yet we can all sneak in good results against the top 6. 

Not really... 

I expect us to set up in a more positive / attacking line up against the likes of Cardiff, Burnley,  Palace etc etc... Not keep playing in Puel's stubborn,  almost arrogant style,  sticking with two defensive midfielders in Mendy and Ndidi.. His team selections are at best baffling!.. His post match interviews / analysis are robotic with the same old tripe coming out of his boring mouth!.. 

Can you imagine the players being motivated by his pre match / halftime team talk?.. I can't! 

It's boring under his regime.. It's predictable.. (Apart from the 2 freak results against Chelsea and Manchester City)... But how long is he going to dine out on those results?.. All the good the Manchester City result done was nullified by the Cardiff one a few short days later! 

Yes we're 8th in the table. But we've flattered to deceive for too long now. 

We need Puel gone.. And quickly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

That's the problem.

I'm not sure he really 'gets' what's going on around him, sadly.

If he doesn't have an 'advisor' then he probably needs one, someone to take the (metaphorical) temperature of the players/club/fans and help him tweak a few things.

We all need people around us to guide and advise, whatever age.

He could be so much better and that's frustrating.

Clough wouldn't have been a lot of good without Taylor

58 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Happy new year! 

Yep, because we were ripping it up under Shakespeare at 17th before he came along.

Well we're 3 points above 13th as it stands.

30 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

IMHO with Puel in charge we are more likely to finish 10th-13th rather than 7th-9th due to the inconsistency we show.

It looks to me that Puel will be here for the remainder of this season at least, so we might all as well get behind him and the team and see how high we can finish.

I'm sure his tenure will be analysed and reviewed as necessary by the hierarchy when the season finishes.

• Like 1

That's the problem.

I'm not sure he really 'gets' what's going on around him, sadly.

If he doesn't have an 'advisor' then he probably needs one, someone to take the (metaphorical) temperature of the players/club/fans and help him tweak a few things.

We all need people around us to guide and advise, whatever age.

He could be so much better and that's frustrating.

Strikes me Puel has no interest in what’s being said around him which in some ways is commendable however we’ve seen how that played out for Jose who couldn’t move from his default approach despite it failing to deliver over and over. I assume Stowell just keeps his head down. He’s being through so many managers he must just go with the flow. 

Mir must be difficult to be in a job like that day to day with little or no positive interaction coming towards you (fans or players)

Just now, F1_AN said:

Strikes me Puel has no interest in what’s being said around him which in some ways is commendable however we’ve seen how that played out for Jose who couldn’t move from his default approach despite it failing to deliver over and over. I assume Stowell just keeps his head down. He’s being through so many managers he must just go with the flow. 

Mir must be difficult to be in a job like that day to day with little or no positive interaction coming towards you (fans or players)

The interview lcfc have just released of Puel suggests he realises very much about whats being said and is addressing it.

I know there are murmurings coming from some sources from inside the club but its a stretch to suggest Puel is oblivious

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

The interview lcfc have just released of Puel suggests he realises very much about whats being said and is addressing it.

I know there are murmurings coming from some sources from inside the club but its a stretch to suggest Puel is oblivious

Haven’t seen that. Will take a look ?