Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

4 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

IMHO with Puel in charge we are more likely to finish 10th-13th rather than 7th-9th due to the inconsistency we show.

Are all the others not even more inconsistent? Only West Ham are putting it together a bit, but even they lose against shit. The much lauded and bumbed Eddie Howe a few months back has Bournemouth in free fall. Everton near the bottom of the 6 game form table. 

If anything we're consistently inconsistent, we've not had a dreadful run really. The others are very streaky putting together a set of wins and then losing 5 or 6 on the spin. 

Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 16.46.57.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 16.49.15.png

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I was highlighting the way the mid table looks.

And, once again, just for the record...

I WANT PUEL TO IMPROVE IN VARIOUS ASPECTS, NOT FAIL

Hope that clears things up x

And only highlighting downwards rather than upwards.

You say that but every one of your tweets about him is negative, talking about results not being good enough, when we're as inconsistent as any other midtable side. You portray midtable standard results as poor rather than average, and that betrays a clear agenda

5 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

IMHO with Puel in charge we are more likely to finish 10th-13th rather than 7th-9th due to the inconsistency we show.

It looks to me that Puel will be here for the remainder of this season at least, so we might all as well get behind him and the team and see how high we can finish.

I'm sure his tenure will be analysed and reviewed as necessary by the hierarchy when the season finishes.

Literally all of the midtable are inconsistent. Everton have won 1 in 6. Wolves took 1 point from 6 games during October and November, Bournemouth have won 2 and lost 8 of their last 10, West Ham won just 2 of their first 10. Every mid-table side puts together streaks of good and bad form

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Are all the others not even more inconsistent? Only West Ham are putting it together a bit, but even they lose against shit. The much lauded and bumbed Eddie Howe a few months back has Bournemouth in free fall. Everton near the bottom of the 6 game form table. 

If anything we're consistently inconsistent, we've not had a dreadful run really. The others are very streaky putting together a set of wins and then losing 5 or 6 on the spin.

34 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Literally all of the midtable are inconsistent. Everton have won 1 in 6. Wolves took 1 point from 6 games during October and November, Bournemouth have won 2 and lost 8 of their last 10, West Ham won just 2 of their first 10. Every mid-table side puts together streaks of good and bad form

Neither of you are wrong with your points but it's all about opinions. I don't really have total confidence in Puel to get the best out of this squad and in my opinion we are likely to finish between 10th and 13th. Hope I'm wrong and he squeezes a bit more out of us.

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I was highlighting the way the mid table looks.

And, once again, just for the record...

I WANT PUEL TO IMPROVE IN VARIOUS ASPECTS, NOT FAIL

Hope that clears things up x

Yet only pointing out the lower end of things...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Neither of you are wrong with your points but it's all about opinions. I don't really have total confidence in Puel to get the best out of this squad and in my opinion we are likely to finish between 10th and 13th. Hope I'm wrong and he squeezes a bit more out of us.

Well at the moment we've all played each other once and are sat 8th. What justification is there for thinking that either we'll decline or at least 3 other midtable sides will improve?

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Last season ..............

Not convinced. We had a new manager bounce where we hit a run of good form that took us from relegation battle to midtable, then stabilised to midtable form - we were 8th this time last year, finished 9th. 

Worrying that in the 10 game form table, only Fulham have scored fewer goals than us. On the plus side, only Liverpool have conceded fewer - and 4 of the 7 goals conceded in that period have been long range wonder strikes. Puel has certainly made us solid at the back and as the old adage goes you build from the back. Having set the foundation, Puel now needs to add some more flair and attacking prowess. 

I'm not understanding the inconsistency argument, surely the any club below 6th and above 15th are going to have inconsistent results. What is frustrating is the lack of entertainment. For me, I want games to stir emotion, good or bad. I feel indifferent and distant to it all lately. I couldn't care if we are 8th or 17th, if players look like they have the freedom to entertain, it will translate to the fans.

I think that's why the 'Puel out brigade' will always be around regardless of league position. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Not convinced. We had a new manager bounce where we hit a run of good form that took us from relegation battle to midtable, then stabilised to midtable form - we were 8th this time last year, finished 9th. 

Can’t believe the four or so sides around us will be as bad as we were second half last season ........

• Like 1

I've not been with him previously, but I think he is winning me over. We look solid at the back now and are playing counter attacking football against teams it suits, and doing it well. 

Now we just need a few more quality additions to make us able to unlock the sit back and defend for your life gang. We need a creative midfielder who can pick a Vardy run from anywhere, Scholes esque. And a number 10 to rotate in the squad with Madders. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Well at the moment we've all played each other once and are sat 8th. What justification is there for thinking that either we'll decline or at least 3 other midtable sides will improve?

My lack of confidence in Puel as explained.

54 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

I'm not understanding the inconsistency argument, surely the any club below 6th and above 15th are going to have inconsistent results. What is frustrating is the lack of entertainment. For me, I want games to stir emotion, good or bad. I feel indifferent and distant to it all lately. I couldn't care if we are 8th or 17th, if players look like they have the freedom to entertain, it will translate to the fans.

I think that's why the 'Puel out brigade' will always be around regardless of league position. 

This is a major plus, people said he wasn't capable of even making us more solid and for a while that looked like the case. But we are, we've improved from open play N'didi massively from defensive set pieces. (And that's with more attacking defenders)

Like you say, if we can now work on that side of it and we can get some improvement there, we are laughing. I'm just not sure we have the players for it currently.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

If we do sack CP then who honestly with any substance would want to take the job?

To sack a manager who has taken our team to 8th in the table from where we were and If we finish there it would be the highest place finish we have EVER had in the premiership bar one season.

For a manager to take us to that position and then get sacked would be a huge red flag for potential managers and who then would be prepared to put themselves in that position? 

Delusions of grandeur as someone once said from our fans. 

We are not a huge club we are not an established tip 6 as som tend to think. We have finished in the top 6 only once in our history...

The foundations are being laid long term as it's been said here many many times over ,and how anyone could  doubt the owners decisions that are being taken are simply beyond words 

After what we have been through this season as a club as a whole I think it's amazing we are where we are.

We have one of the youngest sides in the league and with young players you get inconsistencies but again long term as a club I have no doubt we will reap the rewards.

I find it so frustrating we are going through one of our most successful times as a club over the last decade yet people still can not enjoy the ride.

I've seen the decades before (not saying how many) and trust me this is a great time in our history to be a City fan.

:appl:

For me the Everton game tomorrow is big and will really show us what level this squad are at if we beat Everton or draw tomorrow I think we will finish 7th if not I think it will be about 10th neither bad positions but Everton are probably our biggest competition for 7th and I think beating them could give us a real boost. But losing to them could put us in a mind set of losing two on the trot and we could slump. Of recent my target for Leicester has been to finish above Everton as I think they are at a similar level to us and if we finish above them we will come 7th or 8th and it will be a good season. And then we can long term next year or two work towards getting into Europe.

3 hours ago, weller54 said:

Not really... 

I expect us to set up in a more positive / attacking line up against the likes of Cardiff, Burnley,  Palace etc etc... Not keep playing in Puel's stubborn,  almost arrogant style,  sticking with two defensive midfielders in Mendy and Ndidi.. His team selections are at best baffling!.. His post match interviews / analysis are robotic with the same old tripe coming out of his boring mouth!.. 

Can you imagine the players being motivated by his pre match / halftime team talk?.. I can't! 

It's boring under his regime.. It's predictable.. (Apart from the 2 freak results against Chelsea and Manchester City)... But how long is he going to dine out on those results?.. All the good the Manchester City result done was nullified by the Cardiff one a few short days later! 

Yes we're 8th in the table. But we've flattered to deceive for too long now. 

We need Puel gone.. And quickly. 

Because our players are not performing well enough. We have spells of brilliance where we get shots away but we aren’t finishing our chances. You can’t say that the Man City and Chelsea game are freak results but then also say that puel is the reason we have some bad performances. What’s to say they aren’t freak results?

Every time i start to sympathise a bit with the Puel out moaners i read a couple more of your posts and suddenly decide again I feel nothing but contempt

I wish I lived in the area and could go and watch all the matches and watch us maintain a decent position in the league and see how we are building and pushing up the table (compared to the last 2 seasons)

Sorry you have to spend money watching your football team not break in to the top 6 against all the odds. First world problems ennit

• Like 2

2018-12-30-Leicester-1.png

I think this shows one of the biggest issues with our side this season - that the most consistent side we've had playing together has been for 144 minutes and that our most consistent side contains Hamza when he only really came into the first team recently says we maybe tinker too much with personnel.

Obviously it's never as cut and dry as that - a reason we've not been able to do this is the lack of quality depth in midfield and various suspensions and injuries but I do think it's something Puel should he better at.