Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

Guest MattP

I classed myself as this after Man City, I was really annoyed but since then his tactics have been absolutely spot on and I've been delighted, we've beaten Everton, Chelsea and Man City and lost to Cardiff which could easily have gone the other way.

His switch to three in central midfield was something no one on here suggested and it's been brilliant, even bringing through Hamza who now looks to me a better option than Mendy or Ndidi given the choice.

What is really annoying is now those who wanted him out saying "it's the players" when we win but "it's the manager" when we lose - pathetic argument and echoes the morons saying the same about Pearson/Cambiasso.

He makes mistakes, which manager doesn't? - but there is nothing better out there at the minute and he's bringing the youth players into a team that wins us matches. 

I'm happy to give him some time to build this team. He has ideas that I like, Ricardo and Chilwell are looking superb and I genuinely think we are only a couple of players away from a very good team.

We are also 7th. I think people need to reflect on that. 7th best team in the country. 

I put this in the post match thread, but probs better here. 

Don’t think I’ve known a manager divide opinions on this forum as much as CP. like him or loathe him, we’re 7th in the EPL. We’ve got limited options up top, that’s obvious. But Rome wasn’t built in a day. 

We’ve won 2 maybe 3 out of 4 games, I didn’t expect to pick up a point, let alone 9. Ironically  Cardiff was the only game I thought we’d pick up points. Be patient, give him a fair crack of the whip. We’re in a decent place. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

I classed myself as this after Man City, I was really annoyed but since then his tactics have been absolutely spot on and I've been delighted, we've beaten Everton, Chelsea and Man City and lost to Cardiff which could easily have gone the other way.

His switch to three in central midfield was something no one on here suggested and it's been brilliant, even bringing through Hamza who now looks to me a better option than Mendy or Ndidi given the choice.

What is really annoying is now those who wanted him out saying "it's the players" when we win but "it's the manager" when we lose - pathetic argument and echoes the morons saying the same about Pearson/Cambiasso.

He makes mistakes, which manager doesn't? - but there is nothing better out there at the minute and he's bringing the youth players into a team that wins us matches. 

I'm happy to give him some time to build this team. He has ideas that I like, Ricardo and Chilwell are looking superb and I genuinely think we are only a couple of players away from a very good team.

We are also 7th. I think people need to reflect on that. 7th best team in the country. 

Agree with this. I’m not a fan of Claude at all, but the performances over the last week or so have been way more enjoyable than that dull, stodgy sideways stuff we’ve seen so much of. 

Seems like there’s a bit of a higher tempo and more of a plan as well.

Happy days

Mob lol

Will please the clique on here at least!

By the way I do actually agree with you, I certainly don’t expect us to be doing any better, just perhaps greedily expecting better performances at times. 

• Like 1

I have to agree, the title with ‘out mob’ both intrigued and worried me ... at the end of the day everyone is entitled to their opinion and football does raise a huge cauldron of passion but hey ... let those folks vent their frustrations here in the forum rather than out in the ground or around the club it’s all down to a love of our club, we all have the same desire ... love this club, want us to win, win, win!

• Like 1

I think we need to understand that he’s always likely to make a decision if needed. Sometimes right (Bringing back Hamza) and sometimes wrong (Subbing Vardy V Cardiff) but if he can somehow get some consistency in the coming weeks as well as managing our squad through Jan (Getting rid of a few and bring ing in creativity) then he could be really on to something.

If I’m honest, I’m not fully convinced any of them things will happen but I’ll get behind him and cheers the team on.

• Like 1

I don't care anymore. The idiots on here are clear to see and easy to ignore

Seen people posting that they want us to lose so he gets sacked and they don't like him as a person (what does that even mean?)

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tringfox said:

Game wasn’t, result was, were 7th place and for one, am very happy!

Result is fantastic, of course I want to see the team be successful. I'm not expecting Champions League football but it's going to take some ways to convince me he's the right man. 

This was not a day 1 view I had of him, this opinion built from his entire tenure. Aside from the Man City result which in fairness we bossed (as much as you could with them) we've not been convincing.. sorry if that's not in line with everyone else's opinion but hey it's mine.

• Like 2

I couldn't really give a **** either way anymore, however this isn't the game to rub the "Puel Out Mob"' noes in it, we were shite today let's be honest. We played about as well as we did against Cardiff, only reason we edged it is because unlike Cardiff the Everton players literally couldn't give a ****

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I couldn't really give a **** either way anymore, however this isn't the game to rub the "Puel Out Mob"' noes in it, we were shite today let's be honest. We played about as well as we did against Cardiff, only reason we edged it is because unlike Cardiff the Everton players literally couldn't give a ****

They're loud enough when we lose so who gives a shit?

• Like 3

I actually don’t mind him and his quiet, considered, play safe style. It isn’t the most exciting but I think we needed stability after the last few years. He’s clearly got his own ideas and he’s winning football matches. I think a lot of people think we’re something we’re not. He’ll get my backing for as long as he’s here and I think we could have done a lot worse than Puel. 

• Like 2