Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I'm a bit worried people are reading too much into the Manchester City and Chelsea games, they could have gone either way

Surely the fact they could have gone either way is precisely why people are feeling positive about them?

As uninspiring as some of our performances have been. 7th in the league, giving opportunities to lots of young players most of whom are developing well, improving on last season in spite of selling our most creative player, rarely being completely outplayed by anyone and knowing that you might be able to compete when you go away to sides like Chelsea and Everton (something that looked a million miles away ten years ago) is surely not the time to be having the discussion about whether the current Leicester manager should still be our manager?

What we can do to improve performances and results in games against sides we need to beat more regularly to move forwards is a perfectly reasonable discussion to have. But when we're getting quite a lot right, the answer can't just be to sack the manager or we'll be doing it constantly and achieving nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, glenparva boy said:

Tiz all bollox Finn.  The only people who matter in this are those who own the club.  They sacked the manager who won the Premier League.  They sacked his successor.  If they don't rate Puel, they will sack him.  All these posts have no value.  We don't have a say in who is appointed manager any more than we have in who is bought and put in the team.  All I know is we don't often win at Stamford Bridge or Goodison, and compared to last season's home match against Man City, all I can say is, well done team and management.  Stop thinking our individual, or even collective, opinions add up to anything significant.  Just thank goodness we are not owned by Mike Ashley.

You  have just posted the wisest post...ever seen on Foxestalk forum!!!

but forums live on misconstrued,misconcieved,unknowledgable,out of conext,fibs,lies,denials,incompetent,know-alls,Subbuteo-football-managers,

Blind-faith,my mate said,  football fanatics,who have no intention of even attempting to bring any common-sense,to any topic!!!!

Run,run as fast as you can,while you have a chance,don't ever dream of coming anywhere near a football forum....you are clean,don't get pulled

Down into the gutter of the obstroculousnes of any football-debate...You have already set an high standard,that will never find it's parallel...

You brought tears to my eyes,remembering those great romantical,beautifully memories before football-forums....sigh.!!:)

Edited by fuchsntf

2 hours ago, Thefoxinoz said:

The issue is not what is going on now as 7th is the best we can do with the team we have, but how will we go with Puel at the helm when we get a few more decent players?

His tactics are very strange at times and I'm not so sure he is the manager capable of getting us into the top 6.

I'd settle for a couple of seasons as nailed on 7th place team and a bit of stability.

Realistically it's gonna take time and money to break into top 6. Let's not run before we can walk!     

Edited by zealot

5 hours ago, MattP said:

I classed myself as this after Man City, I was really annoyed but since then his tactics have been absolutely spot on and I've been delighted, we've beaten Everton, Chelsea and Man City and lost to Cardiff which could easily have gone the other way.

His switch to three in central midfield was something no one on here suggested and it's been brilliant, even bringing through Hamza who now looks to me a better option than Mendy or Ndidi given the choice.

What is really annoying is now those who wanted him out saying "it's the players" when we win but "it's the manager" when we lose - pathetic argument and echoes the morons saying the same about Pearson/Cambiasso.

He makes mistakes, which manager doesn't? - but there is nothing better out there at the minute and he's bringing the youth players into a team that wins us matches. 

I'm happy to give him some time to build this team. He has ideas that I like, Ricardo and Chilwell are looking superb and I genuinely think we are only a couple of players away from a very good team.

We are also 7th. I think people need to reflect on that. 7th best team in the country. 

:chant:Absolutely. Really wasn't sure about Puel. football looked weak and boring but he pulled a rabbit out the hat over christmas, surprised these teams with new tactics. He clearly has a plan and we are sitting 7th. Can't really complain at that. Plus its nice to see more youth coming through. 

I was torn after the Cardiff performance. It was another slow, turgid shitshow at home but I had sympathy for Claude as our midfield didn’t have a forward pass in its locker all game. Obviously he set us up pretty poorly that day, but I did think that we were a bit of creativity in the middle away from being a proper side under him too. 

It does makes you wonder why he persists with the Ndidi-Mendy pairing at home though. We had enough in the side to win that day but playing those 2 together is suicide if you’re playing a team who are going to sit back for 90 minutes. Then again, did we really have considerably better options? Probably not. Silva isn’t particularly creative but plays with his head up, Iborra can pick a pass, i’d be tempted to give them a go at least. I’m also interested to see what difference Hamza will make in games like these too, at least he can break the midfield lines a bit. Barnes coming back could also be a big help.

All in all, a brilliant Christmas for which Claude must take a lot of credit. Well done to him.

Edited by Goober
  • Like 1

We’re starting to sound a lot like Arsenal.

We’ll have people with banners in the stadium next. 

I’ve been largely undecided on Claude, always wanting to assess progression after he’s had chance to reform and alter the squad. It’s obvious to everyone that the age is coming with the introduction of youth. The football at times is a bit dreary, however that’s what happens when you ask Wilf and Wes play a possession game. 

This window will be interesting, as again it’ll be more about what we can get off the wage bill.

I’m sure some of the fringe players, like of Benny, Silva, Shinji, Diabate, Jakupovic, Fuchs, King will leave, however we might still need some of the experience.

Been out for a long while now but if he continues with this system and getting the ball forward quicker that will change. He will have addressed my irritations. Still have reservations as we went back to the old rubbish against Cardiff. 

• Like 1

We had a poll and 2 out of 3 wanted him gone. Last season it was all turned round with a win over arsenal reserves.

But this flip flopping leads to indecisiveness. .. and so tolerates mediocrity. ..or worse.

This last few games has seen the best and worst of claud.  The elation of the chelsea and city games punctured by that sinking fealing as we laboured against the footballing behemoth cardiff.   We can always concede a good goal (tell everton).. but we scored nothing in 90 mins.

Hamza dropped.... madison dropped. 

It's not black and white with claud. ... but for me he is not an inspiring leader and his decions are unfathomable leading to loss of confidence and belief.  In claud we trust?   Mmmmm ...its a no

I'm part of the "mob", I'm over the moon with the results over the Christmas period and delighted to be in 7th when it looked like we would be sitting 12/13 at this point. The main reason for me being in the out camp at the minute is more to do with the boring defensive displays that we keep seeing, I've said numerous times that I hate to see 2 defensive midfielders and then over Christmas he played 3, I was raging and just wanted him gone (still do). I could still change my mind and fully back CP, all he has to do is put out a team that has a little excitement and a feel of attack, someone said in another threat that of we'd taken our chances we could have won 4 or 5 nil, I'm willing to put money on the fact we won't score 5 while Puel is our gaffer with his style of football. 

With Barnes looking like he's coming back you'd expect him to be involved, seeing Madison and Barnes on the pitch feeding Vardy then that could bring some excitement to our team. We will see. I'm not Puel out due to results or the man's demeanor, I'm Puel out because i don't like watching my team playing the style he is using. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

We had a poll and 2 out of 3 wanted him gone. Last season it was all turned round with a win over arsenal reserves.

But this flip flopping leads to indecisiveness. .. and so tolerates mediocrity. ..or worse.

This last few games has seen the best and worst of claud.  The elation of the chelsea and city games punctured by that sinking fealing as we laboured against the footballing behemoth cardiff.   We can always concede a good goal (tell everton).. but we scored nothing in 90 mins.

Hamza dropped.... madison dropped. 

It's not black and white with claud. ... but for me he is not an inspiring leader and his decions are unfathomable leading to loss of confidence and belief.  In claud we trust?   Mmmmm ...its a no

Maddison was dropped for Everton and we won that game

Its not black and white with Claude, but it is with you!....  lol 

Come on foxinsocks, wheres the logic?

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Been out for a long while now but if he continues with this system and getting the ball forward quicker that will change. He will have addressed my irritations. Still have reservations as we went back to the old rubbish against Cardiff. 

Do you think we actually reverted to a different style? The only difference was again an opposition that won't let us counter, they keep plenty back and play deep.

Yes, we are absolutely not good enough against those sorts of teams. But that is exactly what Puel is trying to address when he says he wants us to have multiple styles of play. People seem to have deluded themselves into thinking the quick ball forward stuff against all opposition was still working, it wasn't.

We've not cracked it yet, but that could take some some better technical attacking players to achieve. I have my doubts the better players on their own will sort the problem, because we're not seeing a huge amount of passing and moving to create ourselves space and that's coaching. But he's done enough to be given the time to get those players in to try and solve the problem.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, browniefox said:

I'm part of the "mob", I'm over the moon with the results over the Christmas period and delighted to be in 7th when it looked like we would be sitting 12/13 at this point. The main reason for me being in the out camp at the minute is more to do with the boring defensive displays that we keep seeing, I've said numerous times that I hate to see 2 defensive midfielders and then over Christmas he played 3, I was raging and just wanted him gone (still do). I could still change my mind and fully back CP, all he has to do is put out a team that has a little excitement and a feel of attack, someone said in another threat that of we'd taken our chances we could have won 4 or 5 nil, I'm willing to put money on the fact we won't score 5 while Puel is our gaffer with his style of football. 

With Barnes looking like he's coming back you'd expect him to be involved, seeing Madison and Barnes on the pitch feeding Vardy then that could bring some excitement to our team. We will see. I'm not Puel out due to results or the man's demeanor, I'm Puel out because i don't like watching my team playing the style he is using. 

Honestly what a load of waffle. We are in the best position LCFC can be this season and i cant see us reaching higher than that and you complain that the football isnt exciting? Take a step back pull up the PL table and realise where we are compared to 4 years ago... Were you watching the Man city game with your eyes closed? that was a tense battle and i enjoyed that and the fact we were competitive against 'one of the best teams in the world and won' It goes to to show you cannot please everyone. Lets face it, Puel is perfectly fitted for LCFC and has turned us around into a potential top 6 contender for the future. Tactics change and evolve over time and rigfht now hes made the most of what we have to offer without overly stretching player capability.

Im excited and i like his calm approach to the game, hez not overly emotional under pressure and thats a solid trait.. unlike JM who flaps every game.

PUEL IN. Give that man a new contract.

• Like 4

Still enraged by the people who are backing PuelOut especially after the loss to Cardiff. We'd just beaten Man City and Chelsea! It's Leicester, we knew we were gonna lose to Cardiff, Puel Or Not. 9 out of 12 over the festive period in some difficult games is exceptional tbh.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, browniefox said:

He's been here 14 months, taking over a team that was frankly not just crap to watch, but also crap at getting results. We conceded for fun, not only in open play but from set pieces and he's stopped both of those issues now. He's also just lost one of the greatest, if not the greatest, attacking talents and exciting players we've ever had. He's having to deal with expensive players of a more attacking nature being a total bust in Silva, Slim, Musa, Kapustka, Iheanacho, Silva.

I get the argument about the football not being great and that's fair enough. But my issue with that point of view is more often than not it doesn't seem to take into account where we were as a team and the state of the squad. Not only in terms of age, but the number of flops we have / had on the books. Those problems can take a lot of time to sort out, with limited budgets and a limited number of windows to make the moves in.

He's made mistakes, no manager doesn't. But he has surely done enough points wise and had enough to sort out in terms of squad building to actually but cut a bit of slack. I made the point the other day, it's not much different to when Pearson came back, it took about a year to sort out the team and implement what he wanted. So from recent experience we know it can take time.

For all the stuff about the players not liking him as well, I can't say I've ever looked at us and said the players aren't trying or have switched off. Sure there will always be a group that aren't playing who will moan, but it's not really manifested on the pitch.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Maddison was dropped for Everton and we won that game

Its not black and white with Claude, but it is with you!....  lol 

Come one foxinsocks, wheres the logic?

We won 1 nill... good.  I have sat thru many games where it went the other way. .. so i take it. We made a chance and vardy took it. 

Yet surely we could have made 4 chances?  Surely we could have scored 3 against Cardiff.?.. or burnley or palace or southampton?....  but we are unable to convert domination into chances.

Its not black and white on clauds scorecard. ... i like clauds commitment to yougsters. And  I dont like a few things... and those of us on both sides can see he devides opinion.

I think his decisions are unfathomable... you may think he us wise and not to be questioned.  This division undermines respect... and confidence.  I would like an inspiring manager we could all believe in. ... that's  a trip i want to be on.

So... i have reached the point where i realise puel is not my guy. I dont rule out changing my mind... but he would have to adopt a new personality....

I met stormin norman schwartzcoff once.. maybe i am too left to have liked his politics... but  i could see why his men would follow him anywhere.  That's leadership

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

We won 1 nill... good.  I have sat thru many games where it went the other way. .. so i take it. We made a chance and vardy took it. 

Yet surely we could have made 4 chances?  Surely we could have scored 3 against Cardiff.?.. or burnley or palace or southampton?....  but we are unable to convert domination into chances.

Its not black and white on clauds scorecard. ... i like clauds commitment to yougsters. And  I dont like a few things... and those of us on both sides can see he devides opinion.

I think his decisions are unfathomable... you may think he us wise and not to be questioned.  This division undermines respect... and confidence.  I would like an inspiring manager we could all believe in. ... that's  a trip i want to be on.

So... i have reached the point where i realise puel is not my guy. I dont rule out changing my mind... but he would have to adopt a new personality....

I met stormin norman schwartzcoff once.. maybe i am too left to have liked his politics... but  i could see why his men would follow him anywhere.  That's leadership

Judge him by his results lad, if you cant understand his methods

Plan B appears to be working well in 433 against the bigger footballing sides.

Plan A still looks to be 4231 which is a bag of discharge.

Willing to give him the window to bring in something to make 4231 work.

My only complaint ever regarding Puel has been the football he plays in terms of formati9n and sometimes selection. That’s not really changed. Happy with the results in terms of points but I’m not sure yet the football has improved particularly. 

I think Ricardo and Hamza are superb and I understand Rome wasn’t built in a day so let’s see some intent and progress in the vain of additions like the above. I’m not convinced we are scoring goals on anything but the counter and we are not passing the ball like a possession based side. We all know we need something different in attacking central midfield - come on Top make it happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Judge him by his results lad, if you cant understand his methods

I will... yet am i wrong to want an inspiring leader we can all agree on?

(I am not dustructive.. i note that very few of the 65% have come on this thread to explain themselves. ... these are my opinions and i may be wrong...or i may be right)

Just now, foxinsocks said:

I will... yet am i wrong to want an inspiring leader we can all agree on?

(I am not dustructive.. i note that very few of the 65% have come on this thread to explain themselves. ... these are my opinions and i may be wrong...or i may be right)

Our current manager, has us sitting 7th in January (the highest position we could hope for with any sense of reality), has just beaten Chelsea, Man City and Everton in the last 4 games, with a loss to Cardiff that could easily have been a win...

... and still many want him gone due to their football genius

Its safe to say we wont be agreeing on a manager any time soon 

• Like 1

Fed up of arguing it, I just don't think his philosophy is a good fit for us in terms of his style and it's widely documented he's not well liked behind the scenes. Just as he's on the brink of losing his job he pulls off some great results and then seems to revert back to Puel of old.

It's still going to take me a ways to get behind him but improve the quality of football and continue to get results I'll get behind him. Not directly his fault but we NEED to recruit at least a box to box / attacking midfielder, winger and target man striker... think that will go some ways to help him improve the quality on the pitch.

Just can't understand why the likes of Iborra and Silva are way out of the picture.