Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

2 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Fed up of arguing it, I just don't think his philosophy is a good fit for us in terms of his style and it's widely documented he's not well liked behind the scenes. Just as he's on the brink of losing his job he pulls off some great results and then seems to revert back to Puel of old.

It's still going to take me a ways to get behind him but improve the quality of football and continue to get results I'll get behind him. Not directly his fault but we NEED to recruit at least a box to box / attacking midfielder, winger and target man striker... think that will go some ways to help him improve the quality on the pitch.

Just can't understand why the likes of Iborra and Silva are way out of the picture.

His philosophy has got us over to 7th in the table...

I’m pleased Puel has now worked out a Plan B, but this seems to work better than Plan A right now.

We know Vardy doesn’t suit Puel’s Plan A method, and we also know the best managers look at what they have in front of them and makes changes to suit the personnel.

That being said, Puel appears to be here for the long term and although I’m not his biggest fan we should give him more time. He is backing the development of younger players and its great to see 2 academy products in our first team (hopefully 3 when Barnes is back) as well as investing in players like Maddison. Young players will be inconsistent and make mistakes, so we have to allow for this. Puel should stay until the end of the season as we could do with stability and he is doing a good job.

What we need now is a new striker geared towards Puel’s Plan A. Vardy won’t last forever and the other options are currently not good enough. It would also give Nacho the chance of going on loan as he needs to build his confidence again.

Edited by car1os

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Pearson won us two promotions and never had the respect of some idiots, the only times it's happened is when we won the prem, It's not going to happen.

You only have to look at what people who don't like Puel say on here, "Make x sub", "Make y sub", "play x player", "play y player", "make a sub", "don't make a sub", "it's a results game", "it's about performance", "he only plays one formation", "why does he keep changing format", "don't play 3 in the middle against Cardiff", "why didn't he play 3 in the middle against Cardiff", "Iheanacho is shit, play Okazaki up top", "Okazaki is shit, play Iheanacho up front". You don't even agree with each other about what the manager you don't like should be doing.

Youre right  its never gonna be 100% yet surely most respect what pearson did... most understood why claudio had to go despite loving the guy. 

65% wanting puel gone must mean something is wrong though...dont ya think?

3 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Fed up of arguing it, I just don't think his philosophy is a good fit for us in terms of his style

We're 7th. The counter attacking style lost two managers their jobs for being in the bottom three and we were every bit as shit as we have been under Puel at times.

Just as he's on the brink of losing his job he pulls off some great results and then seems to revert back to Puel of old.

He didn't revert back to anything, can you know see it's about the team we're facing and how they set up!?!?!?!?!?

Not directly his fault but we NEED to recruit at least a box to box / attacking midfielder, winger and target man striker... think that will go some ways to help him improve the quality on the pitch.

I almost agree

Just can't understand why the likes of Iborra and Silva are way out of the picture.

I'd imagine it's because when Silva has played he's been pretty woeful and isn't really what we need, and neither is Iborra. If you want box to box, all action type who can defend and attack, then neither are really that. So we need to lose some players to make room for others.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

Youre right  its never gonna be 100% yet surely most respect what pearson did... most understood why claudio had to go despite loving the guy. 

Not really because it swings massively when polls are chucked up after a loss and people are annoyed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

The actual percentage is quite a bit lower if you take these off

4F1ED3CD-8491-479E-9B11-9344F0E301E2.png

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Simoken said:

His philosophy has got us over to 7th in the table...

Clearly you aren't getting my point and are just looking at the league table.

It's not pretty, it's a grind, it's often through luck we have got results.. I don't have a skewed opinion of what we should be.. 7th in the league is fantastic but it's the manner in which we play that is frustrating and the selections he makes to start a game.

2 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

It's not pretty, it's a grind, it's often through luck we have got results.. I don't have a skewed opinion of what we should be.. 7th in the league is fantastic but it's the manner in which we play that is frustrating and the selections he makes to start a game.

Results have come through Resolute Defensive Performances not Luck!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

So many games where we have dropped points you could argue luck has gone against as, as much as the other way

Thats just the nature of the game

I'm bored of the argument as well tbf.  I know you dont like the argument of the league table, but the fact is where we are should quell any vociferous talk about the manager, his place should be accepted at least for the season

More interesting to talk about the team atm without any discussion of Puel's sacking as it just feels irrelevant to any sensible conversation about LCFC

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We're 7th. The counter attacking style lost two managers their jobs for being in the bottom three and we were every bit as shit as we have been under Puel at times.

He didn't revert back to anything, can you know see it's about the team we're facing and how they set up!?!?!?!?!?

I'd imagine it's because when Silva has played he's been pretty woeful and isn't really what we need, and neither is Iborra. If you want box to box, all action type who can defend and attack, then neither are really that. So we need to lose some players to make room for others.

We're 7th, absolutely correct. He found a winning formula in 4-3-3 with 3 defensive midfielders. Against Cardiff he dropped that and switched back to 4-2-3-1 which as we're all aware hasn't been good football and not as effective.

No-one has seen that he's been woeful to cast that opinion, that's speculation which is unable to be backed up. If we're desperately short of attacking quality to supply our strikers why hasn't it been experimented? Aware of the transfer situation of needing to get players out before getting others in.

It's not pretty, it's a grind, it's often through luck we have got results..

Here we go... we'll ignore the games where we've not had things go our way as well at time. Like missing a pen against Cardiff.

I kind of get what you're saying but if 7th is fantastic but you're not happy are you saying we should be playing better but still being inconsistent with results? Personally, I think the points total that gets 7th isn't that impressive and there is more to it than the final league table as theres is such a fine margin between those smattering of places from 7th to 12th.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I kind of get what you're saying but if 7th is fantastic but you're not happy are you saying we should be playing better but still being inconsistent with results? Personally, I think the points total that gets 7th isn't that impressive and there is more to it than the final league table as theres is such a fine margin between those smattering of places from 7th to 12th.

I see what you're saying, but ultimately I think we deserve to be where we are and credit to the club for the first half of the season, under all circumstances aswell.

As long as we maintain throughout the second half and dont drop off towards the end we can probaby all be very pleased with how the season has gone

Guest Col city fan

I think we just need to let it go, give Puel a chance and see what he can build here.

We’re 7th. Cmon...

Just now, Rusko187 said:

We're 7th, absolutely correct. He found a winning formula in 4-3-3 with 3 defensive midfielders. Against Cardiff he dropped that and switched back to 4-2-3-1 which as we're all aware hasn't been good football and not as effective.

So you think we should play THREE defensive midfielders against a team who don't intend to attack us? :doh: We've played three CDM's in the middle against good teams for a reason.

Just now, Rusko187 said:

No-one has seen that he's been woeful to cast that opinion, that's speculation which is unable to be backed up. If we're desperately short of attacking quality to supply our strikers why hasn't it been experimented? Aware of the transfer situation of needing to get players out before getting others in.

But he has played, and looked terrible. He's played more than Ghezzal and everyone seems happy enough to write him off. Whoever we get needs to be able to defend and attack, because we want to release the full backs and that needs players capable of covering the space. He hasn't really been mobile or physical enough to offer that covering.

The manager has clearly decided who he wants to keep and who he wants to move on to create space in the squad for the type of player he wants. So playing him would just be a great big waste of time, like it would have been putting King in the squad. He's not wanted.

As a club we've been a bit like Bipolar Disorder over the past few years. Insane highs, terrible lows and a bit all over the place not knowing what's going to happen next. Claude is the stabilising medication to this, he's the calmness that gives us stability. Maybe some of our fans crave the rollercoaster ride but for now I'm happy to go along as a stable Premier League club.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

7th is fantastic, hopefully we can maintain it. And I do praise Puel when he gets it right, it's when he rips the team up despite good performances.

Perhaps my point isn't coming across right but it's up and down with him, if he can be more consistent with his starting 11 and sticking with a winning formula it will go a long way to improving my view of him. I recognise he doesn't have the full personnel to improve the on pitch performances but I do think he makes it difficult for himself at times. In my opinion I don't believe we're effective with 4-2-3-1 it leaves Vardy isolated up front with no support and when we swap him for Iheanacho the same, I think both players are more effective paired together, it frustrates me when he reverts back to this formation and we play poorly. He's found 4-3-3 and he's found a way to win with it.. he really needs to stick with it and build the team in that regard.

50 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's been here 14 months, taking over a team that was frankly not just crap to watch, but also crap at getting results. We conceded for fun, not only in open play but from set pieces and he's stopped both of those issues now. He's also just lost one of the greatest, if not the greatest, attacking talents and exciting players we've ever had. He's having to deal with expensive players of a more attacking nature being a total bust in Silva, Slim, Musa, Kapustka, Iheanacho, Silva.

I get the argument about the football not being great and that's fair enough. But my issue with that point of view is more often than not it doesn't seem to take into account where we were as a team and the state of the squad. Not only in terms of age, but the number of flops we have / had on the books. Those problems can take a lot of time to sort out, with limited budgets and a limited number of windows to make the moves in.

He's made mistakes, no manager doesn't. But he has surely done enough points wise and had enough to sort out in terms of squad building to actually but cut a bit of slack. I made the point the other day, it's not much different to when Pearson came back, it took about a year to sort out the team and implement what he wanted. So from recent experience we know it can take time.

For all the stuff about the players not liking him as well, I can't say I've ever looked at us and said the players aren't trying or have switched off. Sure there will always be a group that aren't playing who will moan, but it's not really manifested on the pitch.

Cracking post mate, he is a Wenger clone, said it before. If he was at a 'top six' club everyone would be raving about him. He loves flair players ( Hazzard, Ben Arfa etc) and likes to hold the ball , then explode into attack. As mentioned, he wants to play a style that is out of reach of some of our players.

Patience is a virtue, and thats what we as fans need right now.

Try and see the bigger picture

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is annoying me too. Yes we are 7th. That's a good position, but people are using it as an argument to end to the discussion. By the end of today we could be 9th and over the next few weeks we will no doubt float around between 7th and 13th.

• Like 2