Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Is this team even that good?

• 1 month later...

I'm starting to think many of our players have very low intelligence. You'd think experienced 30+ years old players would have good judgement and a functioning brain. 

By the time a player enters the field of play for PL team no matter what their age they should be able to complete passes where they’re not under any pressure too many of our players seem incapable of doing this consistently.

31 minutes ago, davieG said:

By the time a player enters the field of play for PL team no matter what their age they should be able to complete passes where they’re not under any pressure too many of our players seem incapable of doing this consistently.

How is this even possible? It’s the simplest thing to do as a footballer.

I do feel alot of people have been bought into the youth aspect abit too much, don't get me wrong, it's good to see but I think some have gone abit OTT, got abit ahead of themselves and allowed themselves to get abit over excited by it, also the possession football, it's crap, it really is, short passing around our own box, passing ourselves into danger, it's getting abit repetitive and tiresome.

That said alot of our mistakes are coming from our more experienced players.

7 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I just tried to think of a list of our better players that we don't overrate in our squad, and the only ones I could think of were Evans and Tielemans, and even then I think we overrate Tielemans... Maybe Amartey lol.

7 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I just tried to think of a list of our better players that we don't overrate in our squad, and the only ones I could think of were Evans and Tielemans, and even then I think we overrate Tielemans... Maybe Amartey lol.

Tielemans has the advantage of us not having had a player of his style for so long that he stands out in a field of relative mediocrity even then he’s got a lot of acclimatisation to achieve assuming he can.

50 minutes ago, Koke said:

I'm starting to think many of our players have very low intelligence. 

I mean, just go through the list and it's pretty obvious.

Kasper - a simple Viking

Chilwell - nice but dim

Evans - a thick mick

Wes - :wes:

Slab head - yorkshire pudding

Maddison - hasn't grown up yet

Gray - walks into helicopter blades

Shinji - nice smile but no-ones home

Nacho - nuff said

Wilf - vacant

Mendy - never heard him speak

Vardy - obvs

Albrighton - brummie

I think Fuchs has some intelligence and maybe Teilemans and Ricardo, but that's about it..

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I mean, just go through the list and it's pretty obvious.

Kasper - a simple Viking

Chilwell - nice but dim

Evans - a thick mick

Wes - :wes:

Slab head - yorkshire pudding

Maddison - hasn't grown up yet

Gray - walks into helicopter blades

Shinji - nice smile but no-ones home

Nacho - nuff said

Wilf - vacant

Mendy - never heard him speak

Vardy - obvs

Albrighton - brummie

I think Fuchs has some intelligence and maybe Teilemans and Ricardo, but that's about it..

I could imagine some of them getting their name wrong on mastermind.

• Haha 1

Certainly some of the players probably think they're better then they are. Kasper, overweight,  doesn't command  his area and can't pass. Chilwell great engine but zero end product. Maguire goes forward so often leaving huge holes at the back. Maddison and Gray way too slow on the ball often looking for the easy pass. I think the media hype considering how many young English players we have hasn't helped,  but I think with good coaching we could be an excellent team in a few years  

26 minutes ago, Ricey said:

This place is toxic. I thought it might change after Puel left but instead that hatred has turned to individual players.

If you have serious issues with England’s current first choice left back, Denmark’s No.1, a young player with one of the highest key passes totals in the Premier League etc etc then you have become spoilt and unrealistic.

We have some very good players that have plenty of scope to improve. Get off their backs, let the new manager get his messages across and try to enjoy the ride.

If I had a pound for every time the word 'toxic' is mentioned on here :rolleyes:

I don't think it's hatred, just frustration. Most of us realise they're very good players, hence the frustration we're not performing to the desired levels on a regular basis.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Certainly some of the players probably think they're better then they are. Kasper, overweight,  doesn't command  his area and can't pass. Chilwell great engine but zero end product. Maguire goes forward so often leaving huge holes at the back. Maddison and Gray way too slow on the ball often looking for the easy pass. I think the media hype considering how many young English players we have hasn't helped,  but I think with good coaching we could be an excellent team in a few years  

I’ve thought about Kasper’s weight for some time but surely the fitness guys would have a handle on that .....maybe it’s just the kits !

rodgers will not be shy to get into this lot if he feels it necessary ..........next season is the aim and the remainder of this campaign is fact finding and getting them in a place where they can get fitter to play a more pressing game ..... you can’t just expect payers to know how to press and puel didn’t seem bothered about that part of the game 

Edited by st albans fox

I’ve said for a while now that this group of players are nothing like as good as some of our supporters think they are.

They just got massively into looking to blame Puel for just about everything that went wrong in a game of football. 

I wish Rodgers well, he’s got a big job on his hands and I won’t be making any judgements until he’s had a full preseason to shape the side the way he wants it to play. 

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Quite often it's not their ability to pass that's the issue, they chose the wrong pass, or hold onto it too long and end up passing under pressure, or the target suddenly becomes harder to reach. There is a large amount of poor decision making to blame. 

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino

I think we just need a couple of players of real quality that's a bit older, ala Mahrez. We have a good side, just needs more effective tactics and coaching better

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Quite often it's not their ability to pass that's the issue, they chose the wrong pass, or hold onto it too long and end up passing under pressure, or the target suddenly becomes harder to reach. There is a large amount of poor decision making to blame. 

Yes that as well. They're often under paced forcing the recipient to slow down to wait for it or change direction to reach it.

• Like 1

Puel was 60/70% way through clearing out dead wood and players not good enough. Rodgers will finish the job hopefully. Too many passengers in this squad. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

I think we just need a couple of players of real quality that's a bit older, ala Mahrez. We have a good side, just needs more effective tactics and coaching better

I'm starting to think their heads are too full of tactics that they lose a lot of their natural game thinking too much about putting them into practice.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

I’ve said for a while now that this group of players are nothing like as good as some of our supporters think they are.

They just got massively into looking to blame Puel for just about everything that went wrong in a game of football. 

I wish Rodgers well, he’s got a big job on his hands and I won’t be making any judgements until he’s had a full preseason to shape the side the way he wants it to play. 

wow a whole preseason, that’s pretty generous.

40 minutes ago, Izzy said:

If I had a pound for every time the word 'toxic' is mentioned on here :rolleyes:

I don't think it's hatred, just frustration. Most of us realise they're very good players, hence the frustration we're not performing to the desired levels on a regular basis.

It goes beyond frustration for some people. They want good players binned off and sold because they are showing some weaknesses at the minute.

• Like 2