Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Clearout

Amartey's signed a new contract recently, he's not going anywhere and worth his place in the squad.

The rest agreed, I think Benkovic will take Morgan's place in the squad next season but he may stay as backup.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

The clearout required is massive.

Amartey, Simpson, Morgan, Benalouane, Fuchs, Iborra, Silva, King, James, Diabate, Ghezzal, Kapustka, Slimani, Okazaki, Iheanacho. That’s 15 players who imo aren’t good enough, bang average or sadly past it.

A bit harsh on Amartey maybe. It could be debated Gray should be on that list too.

Amartey recently been given a new 4 year contract. I doubt he's going anywhere.

8 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

The clearout required is massive.

Amartey, Simpson, Morgan, Benalouane, Fuchs, Iborra, Silva, King, James, Diabate, Ghezzal, Kapustka, Slimani, Okazaki, Iheanacho. That’s 15 players who imo aren’t good enough, bang average or sadly past it.

A bit harsh on Amartey maybe. It could be debated Gray should be on that list too.

Yeah if you’re going to put players like Silva and Diabate on there then Gray definitely. He’s been given loads more chances than both of those two combined  and is still sh**

No chance of a clear out, they’re  all on huge wages and none of them would be on anyone’s shopping list. They’ve given as much as they can, now they’re taking as much as they can. Don’t blame em, I would, just got to ride it out and let their contracts expire.

Guest Kopfkino

Amartey, Nacho, and Ghezzal are fine. One of Iborra and Silva could stay but Puel doesn't fancy either so will go. Most the rest need to go and they pretty much all will this year.

Why Simpson? He was getting plaudits for how he'd come in to the team over the Xmas period and performed well.

The priority to get rid of:

Ghezzal

Okazaki

James

Iheanacho

Silva (sadly)

Iborra (sadly)

Benalouane

We obviously can't get rid of Iheanacho or Okazaki until we sign a striker otherwise that's just fvcking dumb leaving us with even fewer options up front.

Shinji unfortunately has run his race with us, no goals in 34/35 games now, and even outworked today. King has been on his way for a while now, Fuchs will go in the summer, Simpson will likely follow. Iborra is clearly homesick and no matter what Silva can’t get a game. Benalouane should have gone 2yrs ago. For me I’d take money for Gray if someone was willing to bid for him, not developed in three years even with a manager renowned for blooding young players. The question is will Claude be the one to finish the overhaul. Given the summer signings I think he’s got a chance, but he’s put himself under huge pressure and scrutiny today