Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Clearout

6 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Free up a squad space, get his wages off FFP. He's 18 months into a 4 year deal and has been fit for about a month and a half of those. He's not going to be fit to play another game and we'd be lucky to get nothing for him.

Paying off his contract would still count towards the FFP allowance. Mutual termination (he would be daft to accept) or sell him for basically nothing is the best choice. 

Edited by Beechey

Just now, Beechey said:

Paying off his contract would still count towards the FFP allowance.

It would, but it's take a hit now and have free wages across the next two seasons, or have that much of the allowable wage bill tied up on a box of wheetabix for two years

• Like 1

15 hours ago, StanSP said:

Why Simpson? He was getting plaudits for how he'd come in to the team over the Xmas period and performed well.

The priority to get rid of:

Ghezzal

Okazaki

James

Iheanacho

Silva (sadly)

Iborra (sadly)

Benalouane

We obviously can't get rid of Iheanacho or Okazaki until we sign a striker otherwise that's just fvcking dumb leaving us with even fewer options up front.

By definition what do you mean striker cus neither strike

17 minutes ago, Rigga said:

At least we know where we are at with our squad depth. Many of us knew anyway.

James looked like he could barely run..

Shinji hasn’t offered anything for near on 2 seasons now.

Nacho I have backed since we signed him as he looked a goal scorer at Man City. His performances and application have been abysmal though.

Gray hasn’t improved at all since we signed him 3 years ago. Just offers no end product.

Ghezzal despite his goal was pretty poor..Does everything at his own pace and just doesn’t fit in.

i could add 4/5 of the other deadwood players to that also.

Sod the summer, we need to start addressing these issues now

Agree with each point.

Big question is, shouldn't Puel already know all this by now? 

If so, what did he expect by playing them yesterday... 

Ghazzal has something, but a lot of weaknesses to address. But remember Mahrez wasn't great in his first season, so I'd keep Ghazzal in the hope that we could coach him into a useful squad member / impact sub. 

Okazaki

James

Iheanacho (sadly)

Silva (sadly)

Iborra (sadly)

Benalouane

King.

Puel

Assistant Puel, whoever he is?

Deffo need to go.

Keep Simmo and Wes as cover.

15 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

You missed out the biggest name. Puel. Clearout that twat.

Why pal? He's miraculously guided a group of average to good players up to 7th whilst successfully integrating some young English players into the team. Is it his fault everyone outside the starting 11 is utter dross? Think a little outside the box. Luckily he's going nowhere. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Why pal? He's miraculously guided a group of average to good players up to 7th whilst successfully integrating some young English players into the team. Is it his fault everyone outside the starting 11 is utter dross? Think a little outside the box. Luckily he's going nowhere. 

Let's just see where we are at the end of the season or the next 5 games shall we.

Yes we are 7th but he hasn't guided us to 7th unless we finish 7th.

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Agree with each point.

Big question is, shouldn't Puel already know all this by now? 

If so, what did he expect by playing them yesterday... 

He should.. it’s more than obvious to the fans.. he has already said though he won’t be doing much business in Jan..

Although Ulloa was past it and Slimani not orovi g his worth, was criminal not to have a big man at least in the squad.

Yes he wants us to play football, but there are times when we need an alternate option. Especially when he insists on crosses galore being out in to the box.. why ??

18 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Agree on the performance, it’s not his fault he was started, should be nowhere near the first team, with no pre season, don’t believe he plays under 23’s either.

Appalling decision to play him, and not to take him off earlier 

To be fair he tried to play a few forward balls that the fans have be calling out for.

I think Puel felt he had to rest Ndidi and Mendy as they have had a heavy workload during December.

With Iborra in Spain,  Silva looking to get a move home to Portugal, that only left Hamza, James and King.

I was scolded in the Summer by many for suggesting that Shinji, James and King were surplus to requirements, how times have changed. 

Whilst we might love some of these players because of what they have done and achieved with the club, I feel as though many have just been coasting in the reserves and haven't offered anything for quite a long time. And when you add Benalouane, Silva, Iborra, Diabate and Ghezzal to that list then it becomes pretty depressing very quickly (Slimani is also technically still a LCFC player and you could argue that Kelechi should be in the reserves too and will be soon). Even worse is that James was offered a new contract not too long ago for some bizarre reason, Silva/Diabate have barely been here for a year, Iborra not much longer and Ghezzal only signed for us in the summer! It's not like these are cockups from a long way back - we are continually making them. We only make matters worse for ourselves by signing squad filler crap like Ghezzal who will never be likely to really challenge for a starting place, and who won't improve or offer much coming on from the bench. 

For me the clear out has been needed for a while but I'm not sure if everyone at the club has quite realised it yet, if after last night they still haven't then I am not sure when they ever will! 

32 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Let's just see where we are at the end of the season or the next 5 games shall we.

Yes we are 7th but he hasn't guided us to 7th unless we finish 7th.

Yeah, we shall. And if he does it with one striker, who he appears to be having to manage on a game-by-game basis, it'll be even more miraculous. 

The length of the list is frightening and just shows what a job we have on our hands and why the owner for the last year has talked so much about transition.

Jakupovic

Simpson

Wes (Maybe, but happy to keep for one more year)

Fuchs

Benny

King

Silva

James

Iborra

Diabate

Okazaki

Slimani

You could add Ghezzal and Iheanacho, but we have enough to clear out to be honest. Having one a fifth choice winger and 3rd choice forward is fine for now.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

But he could get fit and we could move on without paying £5 Millon.

He could get fit, and mathematically we could still win the title. Neither will actually happen. In reality, James will be injured again by the end of the month and miss another year

50 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

To be fair he tried to play a few forward balls that the fans have be calling out for.

I think Puel felt he had to rest Ndidi and Mendy as they have had a heavy workload during December.

With Iborra in Spain,  Silva looking to get a move home to Portugal, that only left Hamza, James and King.

Should have put silva in the window, he’s paid silly money, and should be played whenever he’s dropping his preferred players, especially over one that has hardly kicked a ball in years

10 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Should have put silva in the window, he’s paid silly money, and should be played whenever he’s dropping his preferred players, especially over one that has hardly kicked a ball in years

He doesn't need to be in the window, something is clearly already being lined up hence why he's not featured.

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I still have to pinch myself that some of these squad players are Premier League winners. How the **** did we manage that?

I can't believe people were advocating another year for Simpson, watching him pump balls over Iheanacho's head or lose the ball under no pressure highlighted exactly why we wanted rid in the first place.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

I was scolded in the Summer by many for suggesting that Shinji, James and King were surplus to requirements, how times have changed. 

Whilst we might love some of these players because of what they have done and achieved with the club, I feel as though many have just been coasting in the reserves and haven't offered anything for quite a long time. And when you add Benalouane, Silva, Iborra, Diabate and Ghezzal to that list then it becomes pretty depressing very quickly (Slimani is also technically still a LCFC player and you could argue that Kelechi should be in the reserves too and will be soon). Even worse is that James was offered a new contract not too long ago for some bizarre reason, Silva/Diabate have barely been here for a year, Iborra not much longer and Ghezzal only signed for us in the summer! It's not like these are cockups from a long way back - we are continually making them. We only make matters worse for ourselves by signing squad filler crap like Ghezzal who will never be likely to really challenge for a starting place, and who won't improve or offer much coming on from the bench. 

For me the clear out has been needed for a while but I'm not sure if everyone at the club has quite realised it yet, if after last night they still haven't then I am not sure when they ever will! 

At the beginning of the season,not now!!!  Iborra, Silva,were big previous buys where many ,believed they would kick on and be our midfield stalwarts,

with Ndidi. And to be honest Ndidi has been struggling...

Diabate young lad newbuy, was thought to be future potential,after starting well..

...Nacho This high. Cost youngster,was ready to make this season is break!!

5 players not stepping up,can't be put at Puel s door...

Then...

We /Puel was never going to be given a big budget for players until,others could be moved on.Ghezzal  was a fill in,and cover.nothing more.!!

And he doesn't deserve the debasing comments he gets!!

player recruitment needs,was never going to be realised this Season,after the club not Puel could find no interested parties for many of our

surplus to requirements players...

1 hour ago, FoxFossil said:

Ghazzal has something, but a lot of weaknesses to address. But remember Mahrez wasn't great in his first season, so I'd keep Ghazzal in the hope that we could coach him into a useful squad member / impact sub. 

They are not inherent weaknesses, more like an incompatibilty between how he was raised to play the game and the hectic tempo of the Premiership. He was very good once he was given a chance in his boyhood club of Lyon, to the point that Raymond Domenech wished he had chosen to play for France, but like with every French north-african player, vultures circled over his head and all the talk became about a new contract and more money. If he stayed he would be playing CL football against Barcelona next month but he chose money and he deserves what's happenin to him. If he doesn't improve, his agent should find him a mid-table club in la Liga ou Serie A, more suited to his style.  

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

At the beginning of the season,not now!!!  Iborra, Silva,were big previous buys where many ,believed they would kick on and be our midfield stalwarts,

with Ndidi. And to be honest Ndidi has been struggling...

Diabate young lad newbuy, was thought to be future potential,after starting well..

...Nacho This high. Cost youngster,was ready to make this season is break!!

5 players not stepping up,can't be put at Puel s door...

Then...

We /Puel was never going to be given a big budget for players until,others could be moved on.Ghezzal  was a fill in,and cover.nothing more.!!

And he doesn't deserve the debasing comments he gets!!

player recruitment needs,was never going to be realised this Season,after the club not Puel could find no interested parties for many of our

surplus to requirements players...

Why out of interest?

I get the players themselves need to take some responsibility but Puel takes no responsibility for these talented players under-performing when they have performed well before/elsewhere?

I think as much as there is an OTT Puel bashing/blaming going on, there is also an equal amount of turning a blind eye to many of Puel's faults/failings. 

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I can't believe people were advocating another year for Simpson, watching him pump balls over Iheanacho's head or lose the ball under no pressure highlighted exactly why we wanted rid in the first place.

Until yesterday..his small cameo comeback secured the RB position,and he was playing well...

I defo don't want ,him to be covering us next season.He was a top RB,in our great decent period.But like Morgan,who's had also a good season,we have to move on!!  CB is covered,but we need another RB,if we want to utilise Pereira in a more forward role....Amartey coming back will still mean we need cover!!

20 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I still have to pinch myself that some of these squad players are Premier League winners. How the **** did we manage that?

They were 3 years younger and more mobile.   That back 4 yesterday was hideously immobile.