Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

The ever obliging Leicester City

Look its first game back i'm not going to have a pop at a point, against a decent watford team...

But look what happened when leicester stepped it up for 15 minutes second half, hit the post,forced a save and got the goal, this team us capable of so much more.The goal conceded was indicative of the  sort of mistakes since liverpool home. it was obvious a defender should be on the near post from the corner you could see trouble coming after that. Instead four players got out of position and dawson squeezed it in you guessed it at the near post. 

I just think second half of the season, its night and day from the first of the season performance wise and organisation wise evans aside.

3 hours ago, twister said:

Look its first game back i'm not going to have a pop at a point, against a decent watford team...

But look what happened when leicester stepped it up for 15 minutes second half, hit the post,forced a save and got the goal, this team us capable of so much more.The goal conceded was indicative of the  sort of mistakes since liverpool home. it was obvious a defender should be on the near post from the corner you could see trouble coming after that. Instead four players got out of position and dawson squeezed it in you guessed it at the near post. 

I just think second half of the season, its night and day from the first of the season performance wise and organisation wise evans aside.

I agree, the question is why didnt they do that for 90 mins, answer will be fitness and energy required, fair enough, but do it for more than 15 mins surely.

Then after we take the lead, we suddenly start playing like a team plays when they know they they cannot compete, letting them keep possession and doing scuffed clearances instead of playing it out.

This is showing signs of what happened during the shakespeare era, a team capable of a lot more, but then selectively choosing to switch it on instead of been on all the time.

Their goal was because we lost it mentally, the team just didnt know what to do, and resorted to backs to the wall, and booting it out.  All organisation vanished.

Edited by Chrysalis

3 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

It's just a bit of fun pal.

I'm sure it is to many but I've heard it in the stands and there are people that genuinely believe Leicester have some sort of mysterious curse whereby we break records for teams disproportionately.

12 minutes ago, Livid said:

I’m pretty sure it happens to other clubs it’s just we don’t notice, don’t care or find it incredibly funny. 

I did notice it today (Villa/Chelsea), and pointed it out. It's either people with a good sense of self-irony or utter self-pity.

20 hours ago, Nod.E said:

This thread hurts every logical bone in my body.

Firsts happen. All the time. For every team and against every team. 

It's true, today was the first time EVER that Ben Chilwell has scored a screamer away from home against a team beginning with W wearing yellow on a Saturday in the month of June between 2-3 pm. Watford must be cursing their luck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...