Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FLAN

Man City 4 May

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Shit, isn't it? Long weekend and the game gets moved to the most inconvenient time out of three days. 

Yeah. I've been hanging on to buy train tickets but now it's a Monday might give it up all together.

Premier League and sky have really ballsed up this weekend. If Chelsea and Arsenal go through to Europa league semis then they are both due to play Saturday after playing on a Thursday. Moving the fixtures is going to be chaos if that happens and there’s every chance it could. Hoping we end up on the Sunday but no doubt they’ll swap the Spurs game with ours and just move Arsenal and Chelsea. Why they just couldn’t sort it from the start to save messing everyone about 

DC03171A-D3B8-4DFB-9B0D-2404D6E88AEE.jpeg

2 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Premier League and sky have really ballsed up this weekend. If Chelsea and Arsenal go through to Europa league semis then they are both due to play Saturday after playing on a Thursday. Moving the fixtures is going to be chaos if that happens and there’s every chance it could. Hoping we end up on the Sunday but no doubt they’ll swap the Spurs game with ours and just move Arsenal and Chelsea. Why they just couldn’t sort it from the start to save messing everyone about 

DC03171A-D3B8-4DFB-9B0D-2404D6E88AEE.jpeg

The thing is, Arsenal and Chelsea can be moved to the Sunday at any time as they're not on TV.

Liverpool, City, Spurs etc need to adhere to specific TV slots (e.g. 12:30 Saturday, 16:30 Sunday etc).

I expect:

Saturday 12:30 Newcastle vs Liverpool

Sunday 16:30 Bournemouth vs Spurs

Monday 20:00 Man City vs Leicester

Arsenal and Chelsea will be untelevised at 12:00 and 14:05 on Sunday or something.

Edited by KrefelderFox666

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The thing is, Arsenal and Chelsea can be moved to the Sunday at any time as they're not on TV.

Liverpool, City, Spurs etc need to adhere to specific TV slots (e.g. 12:30 Saturday, 16:30 Sunday etc).

Should have just put the four sides in Champions League action on the Saturday, two Europa League sides on the Sunday and told sky to pick what they want from that. That way everyone wins, minimal disruption. They could have had Arsenal and Chelsea as TV games on either BT or Sky on Sunday, Manchester City and Liverpool on TV on the Saturday and not have picked Spurs and Manchester United for TV games and have them play 3pm Saturday. Suits everyone and doesn’t screw with the fans

9 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Should have just put the four sides in Champions League action on the Saturday, two Europa League sides on the Sunday and told sky to pick what they want from that. That way everyone wins, minimal disruption. They could have had Arsenal and Chelsea as TV games on either BT or Sky on Sunday, Manchester City and Liverpool on TV on the Saturday and not have picked Spurs and Manchester United for TV games and have them play 3pm Saturday. Suits everyone and doesn’t screw with the fans

Only Sky know why they wanted those games. Huddersfield vs Utd, really? Liverpool and City games were bankers for obvious reasons.

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Only Sky know why they wanted those games. Huddersfield vs Utd, really? Liverpool and City games were bankers for obvious reasons.

It’s ridiculous isn’t it. They could have put Cardiff vs Palace on the Monday night instead of BT having it for the 17:30 game, lot more riding on that than Bournemouth Spurs. They should move Huddersfield vs Manchester United to the Monday for me and put us on the Sunday, but then I am massively biased ?

10 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Good thing is that it’s Bank Holiday Monday and I work from home on Tuesdays.Will just get a lie in.

I forgot about it being bank holiday! Hopefully it's changed from 8. Why can't it be 5 given most people aren't at work?

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I forgot about it being bank holiday! Hopefully it's changed from 8. Why can't it be 5 given most people aren't at work?

Good point.

my trek from Cambridge to Manchester would be slow anyway,forgot about caravans and holiday makers coming back from long weekends.

might start now!

9 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

You two are assuming Sky and BT have a shred of decency and would like to minimise disruption for fans whilst still making immense profits. Unfortunately they don't and it will surely be Monday 8pm, get far more viewers at that time than 5pm. Best way to stop these mongrels is by turning off, don't pay for their packages.

9 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

It’s ridiculous isn’t it. They could have put Cardiff vs Palace on the Monday night instead of BT having it for the 17:30 game, lot more riding on that than Bournemouth Spurs. They should move Huddersfield vs Manchester United to the Monday for me and put us on the Sunday, but then I am massively biased ?

I guess Sky pick the first 4 fixtures for their slots and then BT have 6 games remaining to choose from. And Sky don't like to show relegation battles.

Let's see what they come up with, I am sure they will try to minimise game movement but it looks like 3 games will need moving. Chaos for Sky, they'll get a nice backlash. If United would have gone through as well that would have made things even worse.