Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Players not good enough to take us forward under any manager.

I bet most teams would say that. Our squad is as good as any outside the top 6. Our squad was 'weak' when we won the league remember - we had very little outside of our first 11.

Most if not all of those players you mention should not expect to start matches so it doesn't excuse our performances.

Frankly, I think we would be fine with 1 quality striking addition and another centre back. We've got an overload of midfielders, plenty of talent there if used properly. 3-5-2 would suit us so we don't need more full backs at the moment.

Edited by Kitchandro
  • Like 1

You have a point in terms of our squad as a whole but I think the starting 11 we can put out most weeks, is on paper the 8th best in the league, with a mixture of talented youth players on top of some more experienced quality.

The squad needs work no doubt, but Puel has enough quality to work with IMO and should be getting more out of them than he is. 

The problem he has, he is trying to force a system/style on to them, rather than also considering a number of the player's key strengths AND weaknesses. 

I think there are managers that definitely could be getting better from at least a handful of our players, but I also think Puel deserves more time to become more flexible himself and realise this. 

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Fuchs - Past it, been below average when he's had a chance this season, either his passing or his defending lets him down every game he's played. 

While I agree it's time for Fuchs to move on, this is incorrect. He was great when we played Man City in the League Cup.

We’ve got plenty of top players, schmeichel, maguire, chilwell, Ricardo, Vardy could fit into almost any team. Then there’s the likes of ndidi and Maddison who are young and have potential. Further to that we have a proven top class creative midfielder in silva who isn’t even given a chance. 

Maybe im being overly positive but for me we’re only a player or two and manager away from properly pushing into the top 6.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Agree to a point, we have players that have potential but are not reaching it yet, we have far to many over payed and over rated players, and we have players who are not playing, and which I think with a run of games, and a chance to gain some form, could improve us.

Overall we have a average squad for me, and players that wouldn’t get what they are getting paid here anywhere else, and are to comfortable, and consequently we are stuck with as they have contracts, for example James.

We are now paying the consequences of poor scouting, poor negotiation, and generally piss poor recruitment since we won the league in my opinion.