Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Players not good enough to take us forward under any manager.

I think this thread has boiled down the Puel Out argument to this - would you rather:

A) Fire Puel and hire a new manager that has a more pragmatic style that fits our current squad

B) Get rid of players that do not fit Puel's playing style and bring in new players that do

Edited by Detroit Blues

Come the summer there'll only be Vardy, Morgan and Kaspar left from from the old guard at the club.  The real problem is that we dont have enough quality experienced players at the club.

Everyone with experience is a bit naff apart from Evans and Kaspar and Vardy.

I wish we could buy that experienced midfielder to run the game for us as Mendy, N'didi and Choudhry just aren't leaders yet and their inexperience is costing is points and goals. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I wish we could buy that experienced midfielder to run the game for us as Mendy, N'didi and Choudhry just aren't leaders yet and their inexperience is costing is points and goals. 

To think Middlesbrough have just signed Mikel former Chelsea player.

He could have been a good signing with lots of experience to help Wild and Mendy.

13 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

To think Middlesbrough have just signed Mikel former Chelsea player.

He could have been a good signing with lots of experience to help Wild and Mendy.

Mendy suffers from flatulence I believe... 

So we've got Wild and Windy as a midfield pairing! 

Still, they're young and it's a better option than having a couple of old farts playing! 

• Haha 2

On 19/01/2019 at 15:11, Bezzanator89 said:

Agreed with all of those apart from Chilwell, think he has been one of our better performers on the pitch this season, and he is continuing to improve his whole game.

That being said, this squad does need its deadwood removing pretty sharpish. Some are likely to leave between now and end of the season anyway so you are likely to get your wish where the likes of Okazaki, Fuchs, Silva, King etc are concerned. Whereas the likes of Iheanacho and Gray are likely to stay put for better or worse because no-one wants them based on their inconsistent forms and poor attitudes.

Bullshit.

The whole team to its detriment is being revolved around wing backs getting forward.

Chilwell at this point remains what he was a year ago; an athlete; nothing more nothing less. His defending is poor; he’s is being asked to be a wing back by the manager which doesn’t help in this regard of defensive duties. When he gets forward in his end product is totally shit. He has improved marginally but he’s vastly over rated; on the basis that he’s ‘home grown’.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Bullshit.

The whole team to its detriment is being revolved around wing backs getting forward.

Chilwell at this point remains what he was a year ago; an athlete; nothing more nothing less. His defending is poor; he’s is being asked to be a wing back by the manager which doesn’t help in this regard of defensive duties. When he gets forward in his end product is totally shit. He has improved marginally but he’s vastly over rated; on the basis that he’s ‘home grown’.

I laughed at the harshness of this. And it is quite harshly put lol But I know exactly what you mean

• Like 1