Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban fox

best XI ever?

Ok so I am sure this has been done many times before but I am new on here so I here are my thoughts on what would be possibly our all time best team

Shilton

Mauchlen  McLintock Maguire Nish

Kante

Mahrez    Weller   Izzet

Worthington Lineker

Subs (perm from)

Banks Whitworth Walsh Macallister  Glover  D. Gibson Vardy Rowley

There are others that I would definitely have in the squad too such as Fern, Rodrigez, Cross, Sjoberg, Elliot, Lennon, Mancini etc

41 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Ok so I am sure this has been done many times before but I am new on here so I here are my thoughts on what would be possibly our all time best team

Shilton

Mauchlen  McLintock Maguire Nish

Kante

Mahrez    Weller   Izzet

Worthington Lineker

Subs (perm from)

Banks Whitworth Walsh Macallister  Glover  D. Gibson Vardy Rowley

There are others that I would definitely have in the squad too such as Fern, Rodrigez, Cross, Sjoberg, Elliot, Lennon, Mancini etc

While it'd be an unpopular opinion you could argue that Maguire shouldn't be in our current XI, let alone our best ever XI. Outrageous shout!

Also I know it's opinion etc etc etc but any midfield two that isn't Kante and Cambiasso is just wrong. Sorry.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, The Doctor said:

In before Schmeichel, Simpson, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs, Mahrez, Kante, Drinkwater, Albrighton, Okazaki, Vardy

As far as a team goes (all playing together as a unit), that is unbeatable. And working together as an XI is key to a fantastic team so no arguments.

On an individual basis, in the style of Real Madrid's Galacticos (who were shiite together as a team but incredible individual talents), there are probably a lot of those that wouldn't make it.

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

How do you improve on a ten point margin title winning team. 

Rather than a best XI/team collective perhaps the best player in each position although you will still have the problem of which formation.

5 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Yeah but imagine swapping Okazaki for Lineker, Simpson for Kaamark and Kasper for Banks.

Yeah, it's not a "best individual player in each position" deal

If I were doing that, from players I saw and based on their time with the club

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Elliott

Huth

Chilwell

Mahrez

Kante

Izzett

Guppy

Vardy

Ferdinand

Subs:

Walker, Taggart, Morgan, Cambiasso, Drinkwater, Dickov, Okazaki

• 2 years later...

Schmeichel

Morgan Evans Huth

Ricardo   Kante  Tielemans    Guppy

Mahrez

Vardy Heskey

• Like 1

On 05/02/2019 at 22:57, Monk said:

Wow we’ve never had a thread like this before. :ph34r:

I've heard this before, in the first line of this thread. You can't complain about a thread if the threadee has addressed your grievance in the first line of said thread. It's almost as if you have just read the title and posted willynilly before reading thoroughly. Which is tantamount to jizzing in your own eye and fround upon by others me.

2 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

I've heard this before, in the first line of this thread. You can't complain about a thread if the threadee has addressed your grievance in the first line of said thread. It's almost as if you have just read the title and posted willynilly before reading thoroughly. Which is tantamount to jizzing in your own eye and fround upon by others me.

Tbf mate he posted that two years ago so I hope he’s over it by now…

• Haha 4