Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LcfcOk

The gym

1 hour ago, izzymuzzet said:

Have you tried a trap bar? I found it a good way to ease back into deadlifts after doing my lower back. It still works your glutes and hamstrings but the weight is more evenly distributed.

Not even sure what that is but I’ll google it.

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Unfortunately yeah, clean bulking as much as possible. I just have some body image issues which fluctuate massively anyway 

What variation of deadlift were you doing and are you looking at working on hamstring or quads more?

Who knows mate lol the ones where you pick it up from the floor infront of you and bring it to your waist.

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to get active, currently on week 3 of Couch to 5k. 

First PT session tonight having thrown myself into it after basically 3 years of sitting on my arse expanding outwards. 

Time to stop being a fat ****, so looking forward to more inane gym willy puller chat on here in the coming weeks. :ph34r:

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I've been looking for a nice gym to join that isnt full of meat heads and isnt overly expensive. Basically just want a reasonably priced gym full of old people to make me feel a bit better about myself

Sounds like my gym. Used to be ran by Everyone Active but now More Fitness.

£25 a month including swimming pool and fitness classes. Not sure if there are any around Leicester though.

On 31/07/2024 at 17:50, deejdeej said:

I'm looking at joining a new gym also. Have been going to Braunstone leisure centre for over 5 years but it's far too busy now (mostly teens in groups sat on their phones).

I live in Glen Parva just outside of South Wigston. I'd love to rejoin David Lloyds at Meridian but prices are extortionate and I've heard it's gone downhill. 

Any recommendations within a 15 minute drive? Would happily pay £50 odd a month.

Livingwell at Hilton hotel. 

£48pm or £119 for 3 months if you pay all in one go.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Been working on pull ups and chin ups, to really build shoulders of late. They're an absolute ballache. 

My best, thus far, has been 3 sets of 4 pull ups. Right at the start of a session. My aim is to get to 3 sets of about 6. 

Great exercise but they absolutely **** my hands up. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Been working on pull ups and chin ups, to really build shoulders of late. They're an absolute ballache. 

My best, thus far, has been 3 sets of 4 pull ups. Right at the start of a session. My aim is to get to 3 sets of about 6. 

I sacked these off a while ago but used to do 3x10 reps. Only stopped as if I did them at the start of be dying and if I did them at the end I’d be too shattered.

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

Surely much more shoulder dominated exercises you could use to build shoulders? 

7 hours ago, filthyfox said:

Is this a win?

Weight 126.5 (0.5kg loss)

Skeletal muscle 42.5 kg (0.4kgloss)

Fat 46.8 kg 37% (both gains)

Mate if you're feeling happier with yourself; whether that be happier with the number on the scale or happier with the weight you're lifting, then it's a huge win

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...