Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Rodgers and Benitez on the Shortlist

According to the Times

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/brendan-rodgers-and-rafael-benitez-first-names-on-leicester-city-list-to-replace-deflated-claude-puel-lm5cwdtrn

Leicester City have drawn up a two-man short list of Brendan Rodgers and Rafa Benitez to replace Claude Puel.

Puel’s position is in serious jeopardy at the KingPower Stadium after a disastrous 2019 and a 4-1 hammering at home to Crystal Palace yesterday.

Leicester were humbled in the FA Cup at League Two Newport in January and have not won a game in the Premier League since the turn of the year.

Leicester’s owners have shown their ambition still remains at the club, following the death of Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha in a helicopter crash outside of the stadium last year.

They have unveiled plans for a state of the art £100 million training facility and want a high profile manager to kick start their revival

Think Rafa wil stay at Newcastle, they look like surviving again, I know he wants more than that but has strong support from the fans and can see him getting a bit more £££ transfer wise in the summer. Rodgers would be an interesting one, his Swansea team was a good watch and he nearly won the league with Liverpool. Bottom line is to attract either they’d want a bit of spending money even if the board want to focus on youth.

• Like 1

What would be the point? Both are in jobs and might not leave till the end of the season - if it's the end of the season there's better options (I don't much rate Rodgers and Benitez would set us back to square one with his attitude towards youth and attacking football), if it's get rid of Puel now then we're paying big money to get them in when we could just do a stop gap for 10 games and appoint better in the summer.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Our board really don't have a clue about anybody outside the UK do they? There's more manages out there than those that have previously managed in the PL.

I don't trust the club to get the next manager right. All manager apart from two (Pearson return and Ranieri) have been shit under this ownership.

You actually believe this article is anything beyond lazy journalistic speculation? Manager on rough streak + managers likely to need new job = STORY!

It more that journalists have no idea, not the club.

I thought Rodgers had already ruled coming here out? 

As for Rafa, might be good for attracting new players, but would he fit at Leicester? His football is very defensive and I'd expect if he moved from Newcastle there would be some European clubs sniffing around for him.

Fat Sam, Mark Hughes & Pardew are available :ph34r:

26 minutes ago, ramaiya2 said:

RAFA for me but I cannot see him coming

He clearly wants to work in England as his family is based here, he's not going to a top 6 club, he won't be going to Everton, West Ham or Watford.

Realistically we would be the best he could get if he left Newcastle and wanted an English club.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Our board really don't have a clue about anybody outside the UK do they? There's more manages out there than those that have previously managed in the PL.

I don't trust the club to get the next manager right. All manager apart from two (Pearson return and Ranieri) have been shit under this ownership.

A two-man shortlist of two managers who will be tough to prise away from their positions.

Blimey.

• Haha 1