Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Rodgers and Benitez on the Shortlist

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Our board really don't have a clue about anybody outside the UK do they? There's more manages out there than those that have previously managed in the PL.

I don't trust the club to get the next manager right. All manager apart from two (Pearson return and Ranieri) have been shit under this ownership.

It defies belief that we don't seem to scout managers like we do players. The DOF should be keeping an eye on who is doing well everywhere. We seem to look at who is out of work and pick from that.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Babylon said:

It defies belief that we don't seem to scout managers like we do players. The DOF should be keeping an eye on who is doing well everywhere. We seem to look at who is out of work and pick from that.

They are, Rodgers has been spoken to but dont know if hed come until the summer.

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

They are, Rodgers has been spoken to but dont know if hed come until the summer.

Someone in Scotland who worked here for years and is well known by everyone hardly screams keeping abreast of who is doing well around Europe. We certainly never have previously so I'd be amazed if that's changed.

2 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

OK get temp manager till summer then get him :)

Yes I’m sure we can get 1 of Europe’s most highly rated managers, and someone who if not for Sergio Ramos (and the Chelsea legal battle) would probably be Real Madrid manager by now lol bloody hell 

1 minute ago, Farrington fox said:

I'd feel a lot happier with Rafa

Benitez is probably a better manager than Rodgers (certainly no contest if you look at honours), but if the club are set on an evolution of playing style and focus on youth, BR might be the better option. 

• Like 1

Would Rodgers really walk out on another league title (and a cup double?)

would Benitez walk out on newcastle before fore they are safe

the only manager you could attract mid season who is already in work would be one where his team have nothing to play for - a Gracia or NES but I don’t see either of those willing to come to another mid table team 

we aren’t a top six side so managers won’t walk out on their contracts to come here. 

i think we we have to accept we find someone to take the reigns for the rest of the season and get the players smiling again 

we know how important it can be to finish the season on a high. Carry that momentum into the next campaign 

Edited by st albans fox