Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Rodgers and Benitez on the Shortlist

1 minute ago, Vardinhio said:

Howe went to Burnley, got homesick and then ran back down south. Don't presume he can work the same magic when expectations are bigger

Burnley is an absolute hell hole though.

Leicester isn’t great but its certainly better than Burnley.

17 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

Giovanni Van Bronckhorst is available in the summer, he is leaving Feyenoord at the end of 18/19 season.

Another manager out there is Adolf Hutter, whose team 'Young Boys' played like Leicester 16/17 season to win the Swiss Super league 

You simply cannot appoint him .......not his fault what has name is but the bloke in league 2 .... Fred Weston is doing well and jose Stalin at that Spanish league 2 side is working wonders .......

Top candidates have got to be for me:

Mikel Arteta

Brendan Rodgers

Sean Dyche

Rafa Benitez 

Eddie Howe

Adi Hutter

Domenico Tedesco

Pablo Machin

Marcelino

Maurizio Sarri? 

There is names out there, I know some are a little unrealistic but my point is there is a lot of good options out there. Hopefully the board do look abroad as well as here. There’s some really exciting managers out there who I genuinely believe we could bring in.

Adi Hutter or Mikel Arteta for me.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

1 minute ago, ian_marshall said:

Need to avoid Benitez like the plague. Not necessarily a bad manager but wouldn't be a good fit for us in either team selection or fans expectations. Also has major health issues and even if he was successful is only a few years off retirement so isn't one for the future. 

He has managed Liverpool, Chelsea, Napoli, Real Madrid, I am sure he can manage our fans expectations we are not expecting the world as fans, just Top 7 finish and a winning a cup competition.

He is competent enough imo.

9 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

He has managed Liverpool, Chelsea, Napoli, Real Madrid, I am sure he can manage our fans expectations we are not expecting the world as fans, just Top 7 finish and a winning a cup competition.

I can’t tell if you saw the irony or not ...............

12 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

What I mean by expectations is that Puel got it in the neck because he was perceived to play defensive football when people inside the ground and on this forum have continuously been calling greater emphasis on a counter attacking style. Rafa's style is ultra defensive which wouldn't appease the majority down at the KP, so he'd be up against it from the off. 

Edited by ian_marshall

1 hour ago, Crispin LA said:

Giovanni Van Bronckhorst is available in the summer, he is leaving Feyenoord at the end of 18/19 season.

Another manager out there is Adolf Hutter, whose team 'Young Boys' played like Leicester 16/17 season to win the Swiss Super league 

Changed your mind about Simeone then?

1 hour ago, Crispin LA said:

Adolf Hutter? 

Good Lord, what were his parents thinking!