Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Rodgers and Benitez on the Shortlist

1 hour ago, dylanlegend said:

I agree, think he’s overrated and would struggle outside of Bournemouth 

Bit unfair he’s got a pretty average team playing some nice football and every time I watch them they give the big teams a good go.  They have the odd mare of a game but I think with our squad and a bit of money and time he’s got just as good a chance to move us forward than anyone else.  Certainly more ambitious than rolling out the same old names that pop up whenever someone gets sacked.

6 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

And they own a natural Gas retail company I kid you not ?

Young Boys certainly play attractive football when I have seen them play on tele. 

"Theres only one Adolf Hutter". What could possibly go wrong with that chant when playing Spurs? 

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Our board really don't have a clue about anybody outside the UK do they? There's more manages out there than those that have previously managed in the PL.

I don't trust the club to get the next manager right. All manager apart from two (Pearson return and Ranieri) have been shit under this ownership.

Totally agree. Ideally we’d appoint someone I hadn’t heard of or at least who hadn’t managed in England. That would mean someone was doing their research and choosing them for their potential.

It’s vital we appoint someone with the right philosophy and style of play. There’s no point appointing someone who likes money more than football. Before Puel Southampton generally appointed managers with certain footballing ideals who actually wanted to build something, rather than just saying they did to sell themselves and save their own necks. That’s what we need to do.

Puel wanted to convince us he was building something to earn long contracts but it was all lies. He didn’t really believe in the beautiful game and the idea of attacking football. 

Benitez in particular would be a disaster. The bloke is an arrogant has-been and his philosophy on football is not much better than Puel. His football is negative.

• Like 2