Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Thank you Claude

He should be respected for how he led a group of players through that, yes.

Bought in some decent players for us.

But it's a results business and we haven't been good enough.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

Thanks and good luck for the future.  Feel like, despite the league position, you have left us in a much better place overall than when you came.  Good signings, promising youngsters and some older players moved on.  Still feel the future is bright but we really need to bring someone in who has a similar vision for youth.  X

• Like 3

He came, he tried and he didn't succeed. 

He was with us through one of our most difficult times and for that he has my upmost respect. 

His task was difficult; to implement a transition of counter attacking, ageing, premier league winning squad into a young, upcoming possession based team, whilst maintaining fans expectations. 

Unfortunately, it didn't work out. He lost the majority of the fan base early on, and it appears he may of lost his players. 

He has provided a new foundation for us to build on and I hope one day in the near future we will realise that his managerial career with us wasn't just a waste of 16 months. 

Edited by CollinsLCFC
  • Like 2

Guest Col city fan

No hypocrisy from me. Apart from his dignified leadership when Vichai died, which was immense, he’s done not much at all for the playing side of things imo. 

A lot of our players have gone backwards and I can’t abide his press conferences.

I’m a City fan, not a Puel fan, and I’m glad he’s gone.

Never cared about any kind of connection with the fans. Played so overly defensive and cautious that we became utterly dull to watch. Couldn’t get the best out of talisman. Rigidly stuck to things that weren’t working (even when there was nothing to lose in games or when we had a man advantage).

I thank him for nothing and i’m delighted to see the back of him. Onto the next one...

• Like 1

Had a massive job in transitioning the club with the old brigade and bringing in some younger talent. If you look at the backbone of the team now he's bought in some decent young players but it's the results in afraid. Some of the players have let him down and some are just crap..good try though