Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Thank you Claude

Great OP.

Claude deserves a thread devoted to posts commending his high points, including the promotion and development of youth players. He also saved us from a downward spiral last season.

Of course, there are negatives but there are plenty of other threads for people to post their support of the board's decsion.

• Like 1

Did some good things, some bad. Like the emphasis on youth but some of his decisions were baffling.

Worse win ratio than Peter Taylor so can't really complain at the decision to get rid.

12 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

About 9 months to late.He would have taken us down next season if not this!

Clueless .Played too many  at once

Should have signed or played more experienced players. DId not embrace

Our best player.

Did I miss the games we played with 12 or 13 players? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Said in another topic he’s done a lot of the dirty work in clearing the decks and promoting youth. The next manager if they choose to continue this task will definitely reap the rewards and for that Puel will deserve some credit.

However his own stubborness, lack of understanding of the English game and refusal to adapt his tactical approach has cost him. 

I’m sure with the big payoff he’ll be fine. He’ll probably be glad in some ways because it really wasn’t working.

• Like 3

We have the youngest squad in the league and can boast several England internationals. Puel deserves credit for that. And I'm sure there will be jobs for him abroad.

It's unfortunate the performances and woeful selections/tactics simply haven't been good enough. No progression on the mistakes of last season, the writing has been on the wall for a while.

But his work shouldn't go unnoticed. Merci Claude.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

No hypocrisy from me. Apart from his dignified leadership when Vichai died, which was immense, he’s done not much at all for the playing side of things imo. 

A lot of our players have gone backwards and I can’t abide his press conferences.

I’m a City fan, not a Puel fan, and I’m glad he’s gone.

Here here.

1 hour ago, DennisNedry said:

All I can give him is he's improved the squad.

Can't really say anything else positive to be honest. Certainly won't miss him at all.

In the striker department he’s weakened us tbh. Got rid and didn’t replace our plan B - Ulloa/Slimani - a significant failure IMO.

There are many positives about his tenure as manager, sadly results and consistency weren’t one of them.

He has had to deal with a lot in his time here and he has carried himself professionally and with dignity. I think he was doomed to fail from the start. His style and personality were not a good fit, for us or the premier league. What he has done is laid the foundation for the next manager with a young squad that has been working on the technical side of the game and improving as footballers, if the right manager can come in and fire them up and get the tactics right that play to our strengths without regressing to “Vardyball” they will reap what Puel sowed, sadly I don’t think Puel would ever have got the benefits of his work as after 16 months he was still making the same mistakes.

Thank you Claude, it was never personal, but you were the wrong fit for the club.

• Like 3

Thanks to Claude for the way he handled Vichai’s passing. Thanks to Claude for giving young talent an opportunity, Thanks for the first win over Arsenal in how long, and the win at Chelsea and against City. Unfortunately you couldn’t get us doing it consistently. Shame it didn’t work out, but ultimately after yesterday, it’s a call that had to be made

I could understand what his long term plan was, and I saw evidence of transitioning, which was going to be essential whoever the manager was. He started to phase out the old guard while giving plenty of experience to young players. Some of his signings were excellent. However, even with a long term plan, it's essential to notch up wins and draws in the present, and this just wasn't happening any more. Puel has set the scene for the next manager. I just hope his successor has the competence to continue the rebuilding job and doesn't become the next target for our boo boys if things don't always go our way.

• Thanks 1

Ironically, he signed his own death warrant by sacrificing the cups to focus on league.

Carabao cup in particular. After last season's error he had the perfect opportunity to right that mistake against same opposition, same stage of tournament this season. And wouldn't it have been a fitting tribute to Vichai had we been playing at Wembley today?

But he didn't listen - and alienated and inflamed a good portion of the rank and file, and consolidated opposition.

And then he repeated the dose against Newport. Out of step and smacks of arrogance. Now we're in freefall in the league his strategy has unravelled and he's rightly been shown the door.

• Like 1