Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Thank you Claude

18 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Us journalists won't miss interviewing him.

Sports Journalists not bright enough to make it in education or main stream general affairs news media but Arrogant enough to expect others to give a hoot about their opinion , you are a good stick but your colleague like Cross etc... stink 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Sports Journalists not bright enough to make it in education or main stream general affairs news media but Arrogant enough to expect others to give a hoot about their opinion , you are a good stick but your colleague like Cross etc... stink 

Yeah I'd much rather be covering complicated issues like politics or horrible things like murders than getting paid to watch football.

I feel like I've failed totally in life.

But I'll dust myself down and go again etc.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

No hypocrisy from me. Apart from his dignified leadership when Vichai died, which was immense, he’s done not much at all for the playing side of things imo. 

A lot of our players have gone backwards and I can’t abide his press conferences.

I’m a City fan, not a Puel fan, and I’m glad he’s gone.

100 per cent this

Ummmm.   What a sad thing to happen.

Will the next manager do better?  Well time will tell.

I personally think he was trying to get his style if play developed through the young team members.   Of course it would take time to develop.   Now we don't know what would have been.

I wish you well Claude

2 hours ago, cropstonfox said:

About 9 months to late.He would have taken us down next season if not this!

Clueless .Played too many  at once

Should have signed or played more experienced players. DId not embrace

Our best player.

That time we had 14 players on the pitch was a shambles!

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

There are many positives about his tenure as manager, sadly results and consistency weren’t one of them.

He has had to deal with a lot in his time here and he has carried himself professionally and with dignity. I think he was doomed to fail from the start. His style and personality were not a good fit, for us or the premier league. What he has done is laid the foundation for the next manager with a young squad that has been working on the technical side of the game and improving as footballers, if the right manager can come in and fire them up and get the tactics right that play to our strengths without regressing to “Vardyball” they will reap what Puel sowed, sadly I don’t think Puel would ever have got the benefits of his work as after 16 months he was still making the same mistakes.

Thank you Claude, it was never personal, but you were the wrong fit for the club.

Out of reps. Excellent post.

Hamza, Chilwell and Barnes owe Puel an enormous thanks, and us too. Never before has our academy succeeded in the first team so well and that's thanks to Puel. Chilwell was a liability this time last year and Hamza was thrust into the fore at a frankly laughable time and succeeded. Whoever we get next better be as supportive and trusting of young players, especially when the fans get on their backs, in the case of Chilwell for example. 

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 2

I think he's a lovely man and he's certainly not Leicester worst manager but his long term version... we just couldn't see. Some of decisions were sometimes strange and maybe the style of football we were playing didn't suit the squad or maybe this league. He's had an okay first season but nowt special second season and I think the club have done this to make sure the fans are happy and make sure they renew their season tickets. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I think he's a lovely man and he's certainly not Leicester worst manager but his long term version... we just couldn't see. Some of decisions were sometimes strange and maybe the style of football we were playing didn't suit the squad or maybe this league. He's had an okay first season but nowt special second season and I think the club have done this to make sure the fans are happy and make sure they renew their season tickets. 

The Chairman and board have taken this decision because they could see like the majority of 30K others that we were only going one way  -  downwards. As for his style of football Puel should be playing to his squad's strengths not trying to force them to play a way just to suit his idealogy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

The Chairman and board have taken this decision because they could see like the majority of 30K others that we were only going one way  -  downwards. As for his style of football Puel should be playing to his squad's strengths not trying to force them to play a way just to suit his idealogy.

It’s what Guardiola, Klopp and Pochettino do. Nothing wrong with it as a managerial method. Just didn’t work our for Puel and us. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

His long term vision was clear as day and it's exactly the same as the club's. He rather failed on the short term.

1 minute ago, Nickfosse said:

It’s what Guardiola, Klopp and Pochettino do. Nothing wrong with it as a managerial method. Just didn’t work our for Puel and us. 

I think it works when you have the players on your side, it seemed like to me Puel just struggled to win over his players. 

Guest Markyblue

A man of dignity who was at the helm during the saddest period of our history. Didn't quite work out but thanks for your efforts claude now we move on.

44 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

How much have Klopp and Guardiola spent on players?

Sarri is in the same mould and having similar results.

To play Puel football you need really really good footballers. To counteract Puel football all you need is bunch of well organised average players and that was the real problem here.

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 1

Great post. It just didn't work out and Puel was reluctant to change. However, he rebuilt a lot of the team and decreased the age significantly. Whoever takes over has a good squad available (allbeit tweaks needed still).

People saying he was the worse manager (or one of them) are speaking complete cr4p. He did a lot for this club to reshape/rebuild but it didn't work out. Tactically he was struggling and made strange decisions at times. At least he tried to change things, Ranieri did the season after the win but it didn't work out. Shakespeare is also not a manager. Good assistant no doubt.

I just hope we find someone this time who is one to keep for more than a season or two. Someone hungry who wants to achieve something in the PL. Not Benitez and I have doubts about Rodgers too. No need to rush, we have 3-4 months to find the "right" one.

Up the Foxes.