Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Thank you Claude

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, That_Dude said:

That has to be the joke of the day. 

His sacking was justified, but to say that he was backed by most of the fans from the beginning is just ludicrous.

Certainly not how I saw it and certainly wasn’t joking. I remember many of us saying he was doing a very decent job only earlier this season.

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Can’t agree with this at all. He joined and most of us wanted to give him a go.

We WERE sliding down the table you know?

We were, but the knives were out even when 7th. Some people just aren't willing to leave preconceived ideas at the door about players and managers. The same will happen with the next manager and the next, the people doing it might change but it happens with all of them.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Babylon said:

We were, but the knives were out even when 7th. Some people just aren't willing to leave preconceived ideas at the door about players and managers. The same will happen with the next manager and the next, the people doing it might change but it happens with all of them.

I do agree but plenty of us were willing to give him a chance Babs

I think just comparing the two polls suggests that.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Certainly not how I saw it and certainly wasn’t joking. I remember many of us saying he was doing a very decent job only earlier this season.

You certainly did but still was on the fence. Not that I'm criticizing you in any way.

Maybe my memory is failing me, but there was an immediate controversy as soon as he was appointed, mostly because of what happened at Southampton and a notable part of the fans were already on his back before he even managed a game for us. It might have calmed down during our great run until december 2017 but after that, the calls for his head never ceased, and that wasn't a dozen of fans. He never really won over the skeptics, people were still dissatisfied by the results and refused to take into account the amount of dirty work that had to be done. The polls still showed a large discontent even when we were 7th. 

Even that he's now gone, there are still people actively trying to undermine anything he did here. He's not blameless and ultimately failed to achieve what he had in mind, but the amount of flak he got and the sheer hatred for him reached levels rarely seen for a manager who, all in all, did more than a decent job.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Can’t agree with this at all. He joined and most of us wanted to give him a go.

We WERE sliding down the table you know?

Yes most as you say but some were dead against him from the start.

I know we were sliding towards relegation, and that's why i feel it was the correct decision in the end.

I could see what he was trying to achieve but it never really came together which was a shame.

Although ultimately the results dictated his sacking, he certainly received so much abuse, a lot of it personal, that wasn't justified. 

Reality is we are better off now than we were in October 2017. But the way many spoke you would think Puel was the French Ian Holloway.

Our academy is actually relevant now and there was a clear transition from academy to first team football under Puel  I hope our next manager continues this.