Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

1 minute ago, LCCFox96 said:

James won't sign a new deal so Swansea will probably accept an identical, if not lower fee than January.

I highly doubt we'd spend £10-15m on a back-up left back given the additions needed elsewhere. Expect it to be a cheap addition or a free transfer (I'd personally go for Jonas Knudsen)

You vouched for Joe Bryan at £10m as your back-up LB option.

In any case and all that aside given what you are saying we are talking what a £10-15m variance here? 

Still an awful lot of money to spend if you don't get rid of one of your big sellable assets.

Edited by henrik_62

3 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Ok even given what you are saying we are talking what a £10-15m variance here?  Still an awful lot of money to spend if you don't get rid of one of your big sellable assets.

I'm not saying I agree with the other post. I think that, Tielemans aside where it'll likely be £20-25mil plus Silva, we'll go for the likes of Bowen/Adams/James and add a few players in the £10-15mil bracket. I don't think we'll start bringing in 6 or 7 players unless we make Europa League or lose multiple big players. If nobody goes we won't get close to a £130mil spend.

Just now, LCCFox96 said:

I'm not saying I agree with the other post. I think that, Tielemans aside where it'll likely be £20-25mil plus Silva, we'll go for the likes of Bowen/Adams/James and add a few players in the £10-15mil bracket. I don't think we'll start bringing in 6 or 7 players unless we make Europa League or lose multiple big players. If nobody goes we won't get close to a £130mil spend.

Fair enough points.  Where I'd still disagree is that Tielemans will cost more than that given the level of interest in him and his performances for Leicester and Belgium in the last 6 months, even accounting for giving them Silva.

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

Will be interesting if Rodgers is willing to sacrifice Chilwell or Maguire to help finance a bit of a re-build.

He tried to do similar with us last summer when Everton bid £30m for Tierney but Tierney wouldn't leave and Everton went and got Digne instead.

We were offered £60m I believe for Maguire last season but turned it down.

I think most Leicester fans would be happy to see Maguire sold for that amount this summer not because we don't rate him but we could spend that money better in an area we already have an embarrassment of riches.

Jonny Evans would no doubt start and we have Benkovic who you'll know all about and Soyuncu who cost us £20m alongside Wes Morgan. It would be nice to see Benkovic and Soyuncu competing to partner Evans whilst Morgan  takes the role as 4th choice and mentor in his final year. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Fair enough points.  Where I'd still disagree is that Tielemans will cost more than that given the level of interest in him and his performances for Leicester and Belgium in the last 6 months, even accounting for giving them Silva.

Silva has been ripping it up equally in the ligue 1 yes hes older but playing 10X better than Tielemans ever did at Monaco. Jardem really likes Silva and will do what he can to sign him so Tielemans will more than likely leave Monaco for 25m+ Silva which is about right tbh all parties happy.

15 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Silva has been ripping it up equally in the ligue 1 yes hes older but playing 10X better than Tielemans ever did at Monaco. Jardem really likes Silva and will do what he can to sign him so Tielemans will more than likely leave Monaco for 25m+ Silva which is about right tbh all parties happy.

Hard to say when you don't know the level of interest in Tielemens as yet, a bidding war could quite easily see his price rise as Spurs and Man Utd are apparently interested.

1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

Hard to say when you don't know the level of interest in Tielemens as yet, a bidding war could quite easily see his price rise as Spurs and Man Utd are apparently interested.

Yea I know what your saying but Leicester are in poll position regardless of so called big teams.

At Leicester hes guaranteed to start every game unless injured.

The fans love him already.

He enjoys the playing for the club as already said and also said would be excited to play for Leicester next season.

So in our favour.

They want Silva and want to purchase on a permanent deal in the summer.

If they raise Tielemans price we raise ours. If we dont sign Tielemans due to inflation Silva has played extremely well to knock his value up to other teams that want to buy him.

I honestly can see it being a 25m + player swap. We should find out in May when the window opens 

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

Yea I know what your saying but Leicester are in poll position regardless of so called big teams.

At Leicester hes guaranteed to start every game unless injured.

The fans love him already.

He enjoys the playing for the club as already said and also said would be excited to play for Leicester next season.

So in our favour.

They want Silva and want to purchase on a permanent deal in the summer.

If they raise Tielemans price we raise ours. If we dont sign Tielemans due to inflation Silva has played extremely well to knock his value up to other teams that want to buy him.

I honestly can see it being a 25m + player swap. We should find out in May when the window opens 

Yeah all fair points and you guys are undoubtedly in pole position but wouldn't count your chickens either, seen these loan deals go the other way more than once, Alderwereild being a good example of exactly that.

Just now, henrik_62 said:

Yeah all fair points and you guys are undoubtedly in pole position but wouldn't count your chickens either, seen these loan deals go the other way more than once, Alderwereild being a good example of exactly that.

No you are right.

Being a Leicester fan you see things a very one sided level which I do Haha. More of hope that he will sign for us but so far looks positive from our point of view

7 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

No you are right.

Being a Leicester fan you see things a very one sided level which I do Haha. More of hope that he will sign for us but so far looks positive from our point of view

Haha know the feeling, talking from personal experience as I had the very same thoughts/emotion with Patrick Roberts previously who was on loan at us!

• Thanks 1

I personally would love it if we went in for Olivier Giroud, he's a proven goalscorer at club level and for his country, he would link up with Maddison and Albrighton really well as they are both good crossers.

I know he'll be demanding a high wage but he's a free agent who isn't getting games for a team in the Europa league.

Plus I'd also like to see us go in for Michy Batshuayi since he's only on loan at palace 

15 hours ago, oadby.fox said:

Would anyone take Giroud on a free transfer? I think his contract is up at Chelsea and it doesn't seem like he will be signing an extension.

I know he is in his 30s but I think he's a decent player and would give us a different option upfront to Vardy. Could also be hurled on when looking for a win against sides that sit deep, as he could be a focal point in the box. Would perhaps be question marks over his wages and whether he'd want to come here. I think he'd get more game time than he has done at Chelsea though.

Well, Giroud certainly thinks he can play alongside Vardy...

Never gets old...

11 hours ago, Harry96 said:

I’d be looking at petr sevcik after his 2 goals at the bridge tonight. Someone like that is worth taking a punt on imo for the wide positions. Only 24 too.

I'm certainly interested in looking to buy the best player in countries like the Czech Republic but this guy doesn't look it.

A quick google and he's 24 and hasn't had a cap for the Czech Republic. It was only his third appearance in the Europa Cup which suggests he's probably not a regular for his club side. 

Fraser is dfinitely worth looking at.

Our wingers don't contribute enough. Gray gets slated, rightfully so, but Albrighton doesn't score enough either.

I'm glad Brendan has already identified our wingers as a problem area.

3 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Watching leeds v Wigan today. Reece James has been sensational in cb and cdm. If Chelsea still don't want him next season, he has to be worth a look. Going to be a right player 

He will be class, think Chelsea will keep him.

• Like 1