Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

Morgan offered new contract

Lot of people seem to be jumping at the thought of Wes being kept, assuming he'll be a pitch presence. But look how Rodgers managed Gerrard, an icon coming to his end.

Just because he's being kept around, doesn't guarantee his presence in the starting 11 or even the bench. The role he can play in the background; on the training ground, the dressing room are massively understated. 

The guys hugely experienced, nothing on Gerrard in terms of playing career, but he's been around and at the top enough to be able to pass on words of advice to our vastly younger squad. 

• Like 3

It must be strange for him coming to end of his career in an age where a defender is allowed to make mistakes as long as they can distribute from the back lol 

If an old fashioned defender was still all you needed to be he’d still be up there for sure, blocks, tackles... easy for him.

Pace is clearly his main issue at the minute. He looked fine in the 3, but got no chance in a 2 anymore! 

Think its a completely fine decision, and despite not being quoted on there Brendan said he’d be kept round as long as he understood he wouldn’t be a first teamer

Ffs just get him gone. He’s embarrassingly out of his depth against any sort of quality now. Can’t believe Rodgers is suggesting this. Playing him was clearly a mistake last week and he now wants to keep him longer. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

“I’ve spoken to the club and I would like him to get a year. As long as he can respect and understand where he is in the team and what the role is, I would love to have him here,” he said.

Key extract here; this screams background role in the changing room rather than on the pitch.

I’d honestly be very comfortable with that. He’s had quite a decent season and it wouldn’t be a bad idea to keep him around for backup and cups. 

• Like 2