Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

Morgan offered new contract

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I'm liking Rodgers more and more, this is all hilarious.

In one day he's told all the idiots to stop moaning about backwards passes and now giving Wes a new deal.

Those who were militantly against Puel must be pretty conflicted right now about some of his comments. 

I think people will be very happy to be spoken to (via the press or in pressers) so they understand what’s going on ..... and the players will appreciate ‘proper’ communication from the manager as to their future relationship with the club so they feel part of ‘the project’

the manager and the club need to be together with their messages ..... we had heard a while ago that wes was likely to get another year but no explanation as the club doesn’t comment and the previous manager either wasn’t allowed or was unable to do so. 

Rodgers now explains what his ideas are re this contract extension - mainly a coaching capacity with the odd cup game chucked in there ......

• Like 1

There’s a lot of negativity, but I presume it’s by those who haven’t read the whole thread.

There will be an offer and it will be made clear that Wes is a back up player. There will also be offers from elsewhere and possibly longer deals.

I want him to go, but only because I want him partnering benny at our feeder club down the road. 

25 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think people will be very happy to be spoken to (via the press or in pressers) so they understand what’s going on ..... and the players will appreciate ‘proper’ communication from the manager as to their future relationship with the club so they feel part of ‘the project’

the manager and the club need to be together with their messages ..... we had heard a while ago that wes was likely to get another year but no explanation as the club doesn’t comment and the previous manager either wasn’t allowed or was unable to do so. 

Rodgers now explains what his ideas are re this contract extension - mainly a coaching capacity with the odd cup game chucked in there ......

Most of the time i could infer from what was going on the pitch what Puel wanted. Didnt need it spoonfed

Rodgers explained why he changed the formation against Watford but it didnt make me feel any better about how s*** we were

I dont even really believe what you're saying tbh. Its about personalities and no more imo, to be frank

• Like 1

The negative people around here at the moment are doing my head in. We're offering one of our best ever CBs and our best ever captain a one year contract in a more back up/ coach capacity. How can anyone moan about that? 

There is so little respect for our title winning champions it's crazy. People's memories are so short lived. All 22 of that squad that year deserve to have a capacity at the club for as long as they want it. As long as it reflects their current ability and form. And this contract definitely does do that.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Really this a no lose option for the club. He may well not sign it as there are rumours Forest would like him back and may well offer a longer contract. He's not as bad as some on here are making out. If he's around as an experienced pro basically providing back up to what may well be 2 inexperienced, at this level, centre backs then I've no problem with that.

Also by doing this the club is showing repsect to a senior pro and a 1 year extension isn't over commiting themsleves. Treating players well is an important selling part for clubs like us. We need to attract players and we're fighting alongside a number of clubs of similar financial stature. An outward sign of how we treat players won't do us any harm with agents and prospective players.

36 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

There’s a lot of negativity, but I presume it’s by those who haven’t read the whole thread.

There will be an offer and it will be made clear that Wes is a back up player. There will also be offers from elsewhere and possibly longer deals.

I want him to go, but only because I want him partnering benny at our feeder club down the road. 

It didn’t look very clear on Sunday that his role is as a back up player. 

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Maybe Wes will turn the contract down and decide to drop down a level so he plays week in, week out... 

If he is more interested in playing as opposed to money, he surely will.

32 minutes ago, reynard said:

Really this a no lose option for the club. He may well not sign it as there are rumours Forest would like him back and may well offer a longer contract. He's not as bad as some on here are making out. If he's around as an experienced pro basically providing back up to what may well be 2 inexperienced, at this level, centre backs then I've no problem with that.

Also by doing this the club is showing repsect to a senior pro and a 1 year extension isn't over commiting themsleves. Treating players well is an important selling part for clubs like us. We need to attract players and we're fighting alongside a number of clubs of similar financial stature. An outward sign of how we treat players won't do us any harm with agents and prospective players. 

Silva?  Dragovic?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

That’s because Benkovic is on loan at Celtic until the end of the season.

I was talking about next season when the contract extension kicks in (if he wants it)

If we’re planning for next season he should be giving Soyuncu a run of games to really see what he can offer at this level. Playing Morgan is just going backwards. 

• Like 1

Waste of money and position that could be spent elsewhere, specifically for another player. Puel was rightly trying to ease out the older players as we saw with Huth. If it's a coaching role then I think it's right but Morgan is fit enough to get a contract as a player elsewhere.

• Like 1