Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

Morgan offered new contract

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

I take issue with a couple of points- how do we know it's on the understanding that he will be back up? He's still in the side costing us a goal every 3 games or so just as he was a year ago.

And can the club really afford it? We've had our hands tied with transfers this season due to having too much deadwood on big contracts.

Cos the manager said so

(and the manager needs to do well here )

8 hours ago, womp said:

obviously being captain and loyal with the club ,saving us many times only matters when your in form.

shame because I would of thought it did.anyways I cant see any problem with it myself,whether he plays every game or not.

Fans on this forum show zero loyalty to out of form players. Despite their past accomplishments.

Then they act like it's the ultimate betrayal when an in form player want to leave for a bigger club. 

Loyalty cuts both ways you bell ends! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Dont mean this to be one of those "i seen ian holloway eating a pork pie in safeway" kind of posts but i seen Wes Morgan in Morrisons in Nottingham last night.

He was reaching for the last pint of semi skimmed but be wasnt quick enough and an elderly woman rose above him to claim it.

Im joking of course, he looked in good shape. Leicester Legend

Guest MattP

I'm actually totally happy with this, he's the man who lifted the PL trophy as our captain, he's been a wonderful representative of our football club.

Do we really want to be one of those clubs that tosses away legends, I'm not sure I do when I think about it. 

We are quick to forget the death of Vichai as well, imagine your own father dying, seeing the dignity these players held and coped with that and the response, it's far bigger than the ninety minutes we see on the pitch.

More than a club Barcelona say and Top probably realises that. I have no desire at all to kick these players out. When Fuchs, Wes and Shinji warmed up in the first half today I just looked and smiled - 3 City PL winners warming up. What an incredible thing that is.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

When Fuchs, Wes and Shinji warmed up in the first half today I just looked and smiled - 3 City PL winners warming up. What an incredible thing that is.

I was buzzing when I thought Shinji was going to score late on.

Did a lol because it almost felt feasible that Shinji may have been the answer to our goal-scoring problems all along. 

I've no idea how or if Morgan could get involved in recruitment or youth development or a PR role for the club but you'd have to assume if the club is keen for him to retire here then he must have something the management see that we don't.

We all knew this was coming. He’s not been bad this season but you can tell he’s definitely on the decline and by this time next year he really will struggle to keep up at the top level.

Hopefully hes going to take a pay cut as we’ll need to free up some wages to sign players. 

He was up celebrating with the Rogers and the other coaches when we scored so that's probably an indication of where he'll be used the most. Maybe he'll be doing his coaching badges as well.

• Like 3

Will he understand his new role?

The question should really be "Will he actually fit into the Filbert costume" *

At least that frees up Matty James to be surplus to requirements.

* = sorry for the spoiler that it is a costume I know some may find that realisation upsetting.

• Like 1

On 09/03/2019 at 00:50, turtmcfly said:

He's gone properly down hill since he was part of the 2 that helped win against Man City and Chelsea three months ago. 

the system we played with a screen of 3 CDMs  didn’t help with that at all 

On 10/03/2019 at 11:31, davieG said:

He was up celebrating with the Rogers and the other coaches when we scored so that's probably an indication of where he'll be used the most. Maybe he'll be doing his coaching badges as well.

I hope he isn't a long ball passing coach.

• Haha 1