Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

24 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Go on then. 

20 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Come on Izzy we're waiting.

o5oLImoQgGsKY.gif.6d81465361c1300c0347a506dfc0af48.gif

16 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Give him a chance, probably needs some roughage.

I’m usually a first thing in the morning kinda guy so could be a good 12 hour wait, sorry :D

• Haha 2

Watched the highlights again just now and  some of the things that happened were crazy towards the end especially the run out miss from Lyons. Hopefully they all take note for the next game and be a bit patient there was still a whole day and a bit left of the game so it’s not like they needed to rush to get the runs 

• Like 1

Can’t confess to being the worlds biggest cricket fan but am a fanatic of sport and the drama it can throw up.....didn’t think anything would come close to the cricket World Cup final but that was just incredible, and possibly better..Hard to see it being surpassed but I’ll be glued to the Golf for next couple of hours which looks like it’s going to go down to the wire. My wife and daughters don’t understand.They think drama is what Love island or my kitchen rules Australia provides 😂😂😂 

1 hour ago, theessexfox said:

I get a huge kick from a team making a desperate, speculative review (not what DRS was introduced for) and it coming back to haunt them. Who did that happen to in the WC?

Happened to us at one point Bairstow reviewed a plumb lbw and Roy got given out caught for a ball he didn’t touch.

• Like 1

On 23/08/2019 at 15:57, coolhandfox said:

Very unlike England will chase day 230 in the last knock to win, they have only manage that around 13 times in the history of the game. 

:wave:

Maybe this will have an  Internal Knock on effect ,for the top 5 batsman.That they can sit in,and not Lunge or swish at every 4th ball.....

I couldnt take the tension..I am a cricketting nut,Love the game!!  but I decided to go for a late afternoon Picnic & wine festival, along the Rhine...!!

What a game,what a Test,what a cricketer. Ben Stokes innings. vs Botham's...??  

So putting my Selector hat on....

Burns

Sibley

Denley

Root

Foakes

Roy

Stokes

Bairstow

Butler

Woakes

Curran

Archer

Leach

Broad

Anderson

Choose the 11 from the 15..taking injuries and knee strengths  into account for the Bowlers.

Butler was unfortunate with the Run out...Denley played a Top 2nd innings.

Can we bring in a new opener Sibley,who can also Bowl spin..     > So sideline Leach ,with Root & Sibley ,Denley Sharing the Spin responsibilities <??

Do we give Roy,the Ashes Series to prove if he can cut it as a Test batsman,even moving him down the order..???

Give Foakes the gloves,but ask Bairstow to Bat at 3...???

How Test fit is Anderson???

If we have Bowler niggles before the next Test,then Curran is the man or not..???

If all these questions & others that others might come up with,turn out on the positive side,with loyal-spice of trust, ignoring the  shouts for Pope/others

Then my 12....decision on Toss...and how Root sees the wicket...!! Though I would have no Problem with a hardline from the selectors...and they introduce

more fresh faces...

Bairstow & Root batting position,flexible according to early/later  fall of 1st wicket..??

IMO Foakes should be a must,so either Roy or Butler( who I still rate) would be sacrificed.I believe thanks to Stokes,Match winning innings 

we dont need wholesale changes!!!  it could well spark an individual mental discipline rethink,into our batsman...Bairstow,Denley took the 1st steps,

If we could See Butler ,Roy,& even Root,Show discipline in Shot selection,then our core,can up put staying power. If we had,  had a decent 1st innings,

in any of our 3 tests,Australia would of been looking to Save the Ashes,one game ago!!!   

Our Opening 3  dont need necessary 100s,  but 35s- 60s.!! batting deep into their individual innings...

Burns

Denley

Bairstow

Root

Roy

Stokes

Foakes..wkt.

Woakes/Leach

Archer

Broad

Anderson

A foot Note for the Australians....Warner,Great in the field, Labuschagne, a Great find,and introduction for Test cricket.

Their bowlers, brilliant in the First 30-60 overs,with a few wickets, but questions, if first 4 batsman,get decent runs und put them under pressure ..

Only my opinion, but I believe England bowlers,can be more dangerous,all through an innings...even when they have poor periods.!!

Stokes has that Vardy spirit,over my dead Body attitude,with a controlled arrogance....

Now the dust has settled and I've watched every single highlight from every single broadcaster possible, I'm only just able to try and work out what the fvck was going through the umpires mind when Stokes was hit absolute plumb with just the 2 needed lol watched it time and time again now and cannot work out how the hell he didn't give it.

Imagine how we would all be feeling now if it was given...jesus that would take until winning the Ashes back to get over

Now in the cold light of day, a little conundrum:

Assuming that Jimmy is going to be fit for the Fourth Test, do you bring him into the side, and if you do, which bowler makes way for him (really don't think he should come in for a batsman given how fragile our batting already is)? Broad? Archer? Woakes?

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Now in the cold light of day, a little conundrum:

Assuming that Jimmy is going to be fit for the Fourth Test, do you bring him into the side, and if you do, which bowler makes way for him (really don't think he should come in for a batsman given how fragile our batting already is)? Broad? Archer? Woakes?

Anderson for Woakes and someone, not sure who, for Roy. We should have been bolder this time out and our selections would have cost us The Ashes were it not for one of the most remarkable innings ever seen.

The momentum is with us, but we need to keep emotion out of who we go for in Manchester.