Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

1 hour ago, David Guiza said:

Love the man. 

There's been a fair bit of snobbery about the fact associate and affiliate nations are now given parity and have T20I status with full members. Really ridiculous posturing from people who need to realise the sport needs to expand beyond the places it's currently popular. Characters like Pavel Florin are exactly what we need.

If people want to get arsey about statistics it's not exactly hard to keep your own record of games between full members.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

There's been a fair bit of snobbery about the fact associate and affiliate nations are now given parity and have T20I status with full members. Really ridiculous posturing from people who need to realise the sport needs to expand beyond the places it's currently popular. Characters like Pavel Florin are exactly what we need.

If people want to get arsey about statistics it's not exactly hard to keep your own record of games between full members.

Absolutely. It's been great to see the likes of TMS really get behind him, and the 'minor' countries as a result. Why anybody wouldn't want a sport that they love to flourish and grow beyond what is effectively a few nations of the former Commonwealth. Afghanistan's performances at the World Cup will surely help too. 

I did however enjoy the scoreboard resembling a Skype conversation with some dude just obscuring it as he walks past. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

East. Sleep. 40 for 3. Repeat.

What an absolute disgrace.

67 all out lets not forget. Taylor needs sacking, as much as I like him this is jobs for the lads.

Ollie Pope got 221* in his last county championship game, Dom Sibley is averaging 55 odd from 18 innings, Sam Northeast is averaging about 60 from 17 innings, Gary Ballance is averaging 50 (similar to his test average at 3).

Edited by AKCJ

1 hour ago, David Guiza said:

Picking players who have once got Smith out?

I see Woakes isn't injured either which makes the selection somewhat odd. I'd have thought Curran was next in line?

Yep, strange. I mean Overton's sharper than both of them, but he's not in the same league as Archer on that score and doubt he'll offer anywhere near as much with the bat as the other two. A selection committee run by two former batsmen desperate to keep giving failing batters a chance but giving bowlers short shrift, colour me shocked...

• Like 1

Curran seems to have been quite expensive whenever I've come across his bowling figures this summer but figures obviously don't tell the whole story. Basically beat India on his own last Summer too.

Honestly seen nothing of Overton either. Feels a strange one but hope the lad is up to it. Time to make yourself a hero

47 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Thought Woakes was having a good series personally. 

It's amazing. 

The batsmen get four or five test matches, can fail in them all and still be picked.

A bowler has one average match and he's gone.