Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

He is an all time great of our club, and his story and achievements make him a premier league legend, but it's painful to see him now. You can see his heart is still there, but sadly I think he's done, and saying that makes me feel horrible. I really hope though, he can have one last hurrah, prove me wrong, and ram my opinion back down my throat. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bazly said:

Only one goal this season in 1,100 minutes. That is a pure retirement stat for a centre forward. it had to end sometime and I'd hate it to end for him as a player in a relegated team or god forbid to carry on as a Championship player.

Like some other  players,until I see an ethos ,spirit & character built around or on the team, it's totally not worth judging individual performances...

Vardy (Daka) too often left with no outlet, & few clean cut chances.

.Front 6 no interfacing.or chance to click into a rythme,in this type of set up & performance.

• Like 1

We’ve been carrying him  for a while now,  his frailties masked by a team at least  fighting. The fights gone and there’s no where for him to hide now.

Greatest Leicester player in my generation and will always be a legend, but just like  Kasper, it’s hard to keep justifying his massive wages…

I don't need apologies from everyone who gave me pelters when I said we shouldn't offer him a contract or when I stated he needed shipping out before summer.

Love the man to bits, but it was always bleeding obvious that you don't rely on a 36yr old to lead your line in the Prem.

• Like 1

Rodgers quite rightly, will not go to Vardy & say sorry fella, & Legend,

Time to reasses your next step in your career...

Vardy will see it himself, EO this season,or during next season....

Or we as a club refind our mojo, and he starts a new scoring rampage..

• Like 1

There was a moment today where he did the classic Vardy shuffle from side to side with one defender to beat, and instead of creating an angle and getting a shot off, he gave Barnes (?) a meek hospital pass that the defender intercepted. 

For a moment I thought he would smash it in, or at least get a shot on target. But no…

Blokes gone sadly. Delighted to be proven wrong mind.

5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

People over reacting massively. He's a part of the Brendan machine that's failing spectacularly. 

He'd be prolific again under the right manager. 

He's 36. He will never be prolific ever again.

1 hour ago, Hammo said:

Not sure whose decline has been more rapid. Our manager or our greatest ever striker.

Definitely Vardy we are noticing a massive difference even in the last 6 months, Rogers drop off has been more of a progressive decline over 1-2 years.

Edited by Beachyboy