Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

4 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

He's underated. Honestly think if he played for Man City he'd finish a season with 30 goals and 20 assists. I'm being serious.

Why would anyone on this forum think you that are not being serious?

Luckily Man City did not know in 2016 what we know now.

I Also suspect  JV knew Arsenal were more interested in dismantling Leicester than using him.

The lads an absolute thoughbred and it's been a privilege to have watched him for these last 10 years. 

As someone said he's the perfect mix of athlete (freak), character and determination. 

Some of the Burnley fans have had a go for his rustling of them in the home game and in Tuesday nights game (2 - 0 - loved it) - No class one said 

One It's them who gave it the big un and two if you can't take it then don't dish it out

When Vardy played for England he was quite rightly the most popular player by a distance. 

The fact Southgate did not utilise his off the scale talents is a national disgrace and one of the reasons England win nothing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

The lads an absolute thoughbred and it's been a privilege to have watched him for these last 10 years. 

As someone said he's the perfect mix of athlete (freak), character and determination. 

Some of the Burnley fans have had a go for his rustling of them in the home game and in Tuesday nights game (2 - 0 - loved it) - No class one said 

One It's them who gave it the big un and two if you can't take it then don't dish it out

When Vardy played for England he was quite rightly the most popular player by a distance. 

The fact Southgate did not utilise his off the scale talents is a national disgrace and one of the reasons England win nothing. 

I'm not even English and it annoys me how little he was used in 2018 when Kane was carrying an injury into Croatia. 

I remember reading that Vardy wasnt 100% fit himself in that world cup but cant recall if it was bollocks or not.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, trabuch said:

He can play for a good while yet. Even if, after his 40th, he only comes on for 20mins at the end. He's a phenomenal footballer. I absolutely adore the man. I think every single person involved with Leicester City football club must love him to bits. He should have a statue for every goal he's scored for us.

That’s a lot of statues 

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

2 goals of a 150 league goals be nice if he did that this weekend.

Never thought we would have a modern day player that would get into our top 3 all time scorers list. Assumed as soon as we had a top talent they would leave as per Lineker. Great that Jamie has stayed loyal.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nalis said:

We should panto boo him and let him goad us when he scores, its what he would want of course

I see where this is coming from.  Admit it.  You're dying to sing "Your Mrs is a grass" at him.

Aren't we all.

On 03/03/2022 at 13:52, KingsX said:

I see where this is coming from.  Admit it.  You're dying to sing "Your Mrs is a grass" at him.

Aren't we all.

The Leeds fans were singing that pre-match whilst walking down from the Counting House. I nearly joined in as encouragement they might continue inside. Lucky for them they didn't. 

He took a bit of a knock and looked to be limping on the way off. Hopefully not aggravated the injury :fc:

On 03/03/2022 at 11:28, ElusiveEd said:

Yep, Ronaldo has been a huge star for many years, but to me Vardy is now more effective.

Would I prefer Jamie to that Salah? Tough one, but fair enough Vardy is closer to retirement age.

I'm struggling to think of a current PL striker who I'd rate better. Maybe Kane is up there.

• Like 1