Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

For some reason I didn't think Vardy had that many away from home. 

Vardy's record is all the more impressive considering he didn't play in the Premier League until he was 27!

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 3

Guest David Oldfields Gate

PETA are scum. So are the RSPCA. It's all mining for donations. Wouldn't trust either outfit to flush a toilet.

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Had a warning from PETA after he mentioned he wanted to get a pet penguin and also found out how to get a giraffe lol

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jamie-vardy-exotic-animals-peta-26509185

Jamie Vardy slammed by PETA over his pet wishes - "it's the animals paying the price"

Animal rights campaigners have spoken out against Jamie Vardy after the Leicester City striker mentioned wanting a penguin or a giraffe as a pet.

The former England international has also revealed he found out how to buy a giraffe. However, his comments have brought a warning from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), who reminded the 35-year-old of how the sale of exotic pets can harm the animals.

Vardy and his wife Rebekah already have a number of pet dogs, including a guard dog bought in 2018. The couple also keep chickens, and have previously been forced to take measures to keep foxes away from their property.

"It sounds strange but I looked up trying to buy a penguin to have in the garden," Vardy said, as reported by The Sun. “I’ve not purchased one. However, I found out how to buy a giraffe and all sorts of animals.”

However, the charity's response was to remind Vardy he “surely knows they are not playthings or garden ornaments”. The sale of exotic animals is one of the world’s largest sources of criminal earnings. It’s the animals paying the price," PETA's Elisa Allen said.

It's not the first time the charity has spoken out in relation to a Premier League footballer this season. After footage emerged of West Ham United defender Kurt Zouma kicking his cat, PETA called for Hammers owner David Sullivan to give the player the boot. The RSPCA has also charged Zouma's brother and fellow footballer Yoan, who filmed the footage. The Frenchman's club, Dagenham & Redbridge, made him unavailable for selection for a number of weeks after the incident was made public.

Vardy's comments have come at a time when the player is sidelined through injury. The 35-year-old is Leicester's top league goalscorer this season, and has 12 in all competitions, but has not featured since leaving the field early in the victory over Leeds United on March 5.

PETA has issued warnings about exotic pets before, encouraging those considering buying an exotic animal to reconsider. "Never buy exotic animals from dealers or pet shops, and support legislation that would make owning exotic animals illegal and prohibit the interstate sale of exotic animals," an article on the charity's website reads.

"The exotic “pet” trade is big business. Selling protected wildlife in stores, auctions, or on the Internet is one of the largest sources of criminal earnings, behind only arms smuggling and drug trafficking. But the animals pay the price.

"Many don’t survive the journey from their homes, and those who do survive often suffer in captivity and die prematurely from malnutrition, an unnatural and uncomfortable environment, loneliness, and the overwhelming stress of confinement."

ibtbe44j-720.jpg

It is disappointing to read Vardy keeps foxes away from his garden.  I didn't have him down as a splitter.

Instinctively, although I generally back Vardy, I think it better that he does not keep penguins or giraffes in his garden. Unless he moves to South Georgia or the African plains.   If he.moved to the plains, he still shouldn't keep penguins.  

His eagle impersonation made me laugh.

• Haha 1

Just reading a few things on the internet didn’t realise he was the player to score in the most consecutive games and the player with the most goals over 30 the most goals against the big 6 & now 1 of the players who as scored 50 goals away from home