Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

49 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Could Kane and Vardy have played together more for England?  Vards did well when he was given a chance but for some reason not given a fair crack. England have ignored good players before but their loss and our gain as far as Jamie is concerned 

Looked amazing second half against Germany away but didn’t happen very often after that

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bovril said:

He is a brilliant footballer. If England had used him properly I reckon we'd have a World Cup Final appearance and a Euros win to our name. 

When you see how well Kane plays with Son, I'm convinced Southgate could have made a lethal pairing out of Kane & Vardy, but he never gave it a go.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

PL Only

21/22  14G    0 PENS     NON PEN GOALS TOTAL 14G

20/21  15G    8 PENS     NON PEN GOALS TOTAL  7G

19/20   23G   4 PENS     NON PEN GOALS TOTAL 19G

18/19  18G    4 PENS     NON PEN GOALS TOTAL 14G

17/18  20G    5 PENS     NON PEN GOALS TOTAL 15G

16/17 13G     0 PENS     NON PEN GOALS TOTAL 13G

15/16 24G     5 PENS     NON PEN GOALS TOTAL 19G

14/15 5G       0 PENS     NON PEN GOALS TOTAL  5G 

Absolutely frightening efficiency from him. What I love is that he takes less time to get back up to speed from injuries than he did before and I think a lot of that is down to the way he lives his life now, handles his fitness a lot lot better.

His movement and explosive short bursts of pace means that he is still well capable of another few years at this level for us. What a human being.

• Like 3

Constantly amazed we have a player of this quality and for so long. Talented and a clever footballer. Even in the cup final with very few touches you could see how hard he made the Chelsea back line work. Will never forget the way he got our fans going when he won a late corner and the swagger which said we've got this. Was a million quid ever better spent.

It’s amazing how good he’s been for how long.

Even after 2015-16, while I doubt as many of us thought he’d be a one-season wonder like many neutrals said he would, I don’t think even the most optimistic of us would’ve thought he’d be this good for this long.

9 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

I forget exactly when it was, but wasn't there a home game vs Arsenal in the last year or so, when Vardy (who had been injured) came off the bench with around 20-30 mins left to play and instantly the Arsenal backline dropped by 15 yards and I remember thinking I'd never seen a player have such an instant, impact on the entire complexion of a match. 

That was away during Covid where we sat back for 70 minutes and did nothing, then subbed him on and promptly won the game!

There have been quite a few other examples of this happening too. That's why he's one of a kind. Lineker went on to play for Barcelona, we know how good he was. But I've never seen a team change the way they are setup because of Gary Lineker, whereas Jamie Vardy terrifies managers, players and fans alike.

I remember a game against Brighton a few years ago at the AMEX where after a counter attack the ball got played to Vardy and the ground collectively went "oh no". Vardy didn't even score, he passed to Perez who did instead, but the way the crowd went from being buoyant and excited to sheer panic was something I've very rarely seen. Even players like Rooney in his prime and Kane haven't had the same effect. In the league at the moment in fact maybe only Salah and KDB have that same effect. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

4th in the league for goals and assists p90.

Mahrez is 2nd. The scouting and recruitment under Pearson & Walsh was phenomenal. 205 Premier League goals between them.

https://fbref.com/en/comps/9/stats/Premier-League-Stats#all_stats_standard

Maddison, Barnes, Daka and Iheanacho all in the top 20 as well.

Edited by Sampson

On 15/05/2022 at 21:17, coolhandfox said:

PL Only

21/22  14G    0 PENS     NON PEN GOALS TOTAL 14G

20/21  15G    8 PENS     NON PEN GOALS TOTAL  7G

19/20   23G   4 PENS     NON PEN GOALS TOTAL 19G

18/19  18G    4 PENS     NON PEN GOALS TOTAL 14G

17/18  20G    5 PENS     NON PEN GOALS TOTAL 15G

16/17 13G     0 PENS     NON PEN GOALS TOTAL 13G

15/16 24G     5 PENS     NON PEN GOALS TOTAL 19G

14/15 5G       0 PENS     NON PEN GOALS TOTAL  5G 

That he still pulled those numbers throughout two years of Puelball, while attempts were made to sideline him, is incredible really.

GOAT.   :vardy:

• Like 2