Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

It must be a bit distracting for Jamie with all this unsavoury stuff going on in the courts right now. I hope he keeps as cool with the missus as he does in front of the goal. I’m sure he will and he will use it to motivate himself but we need him focussed and on his game in the next two matches. 

4 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

It must be a bit distracting for Jamie with all this unsavoury stuff going on in the courts right now. I hope he keeps as cool with the missus as he does in front of the goal. I’m sure he will and he will use it to motivate himself but we need him focussed and on his game in the next two matches. 

Given that he wouldn’t usually play twice in a week, I suspect he won’t play a big part on Thursday …..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

All the evidence points to a simple equation:

Mrs Vardy x Aggro = Goals

I for one hope she carries on her wonderful work providing fodder for oppo fans

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Will play Daka/Iheanacho, then start vs Southampton where he'll lump them for 9 lol

• Haha 1

Just having a look back at some old Vardy posts from 12/13 season, this is a gem from the oracle :D

Actually surprised me how level headed the fans were on here, because in my memory, there was a lot more virtriol towards him haha.

Nothing changes either lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Just having a look back at some old Vardy posts from 12/13 season, this is a gem from the oracle :D

Actually surprised me how level headed the fans were on here, because in my memory, there was a lot more virtriol towards him haha.

Haha. Didn't expect to see a post from me on there and whilst I said he could still turn out to be a very decent player, I was fuming that he was being given so much game time when Schlupp in particular, wasn't lol. Reeling off every area where Jeff was better and looked how that's panned out. Would be interested to see what I said about him a year later as that was when it all started to change for him. Do remember thinking it was crazy that people wanted us to sell him after out first year in the prem as whilst the goals hadn't flowed, he'd shown so much in that season.

Seeing that post has actually made me properly reflect on where we've come as a club in a way I haven't been able to before, as I could picture myself talking about it 10 years ago and remembering my opinion at the time, so thanks for that :thumbup:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

That he still pulled those numbers throughout two years of Puelball, while attempts were made to sideline him, is incredible really.

GOAT.   :vardy:

Obviously bar the title season i actually find those goals under Puel the most impressive. Almost everything about our play didn't suit him yet he just had the know how by then. The instinct and the knowledge alongside the world class speed and finishing. 

He is without question our best ever player and if we don't honour this with a stand or statue upon his retirement it'll be a disgrace. 

1 hour ago, dmayne7 said:

Haha. Didn't expect to see a post from me on there and whilst I said he could still turn out to be a very decent player, I was fuming that he was being given so much game time when Schlupp in particular, wasn't lol. Reeling off every area where Jeff was better and looked how that's panned out. Would be interested to see what I said about him a year later as that was when it all started to change for him. Do remember thinking it was crazy that people wanted us to sell him after out first year in the prem as whilst the goals hadn't flowed, he'd shown so much in that season.

Seeing that post has actually made me properly reflect on where we've come as a club in a way I haven't been able to before, as I could picture myself talking about it 10 years ago and remembering my opinion at the time, so thanks for that :thumbup:

Near that thread there was one where people were gutted we had missed out on Liam Trotter! 

Mad how far we've come :D

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

0243E3EA-B429-45AA-B6EF-3BB5C3655A34.jpeg

Shout that.

Edited by Unabomber
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

And I thought I was immature on this forum during 2013.

@Mark_w @Bert @Manwell Pablo :whistle:

Oh I’ve admitted multiple times I said we should sell Vardy.

In fact I didn’t even say that here but happy to stand by it, we were offered 8 million for a bloke who was more interested in going the pub than playing football half the time. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

2 hours ago, Mark_w said:

I may have been a twat, but at least I was a twat very loosely defending Jamie Vardy :sweating:

Been reading this forum, on and off, for  5 years  before dipping me toe in.

It was interesting looking back even further and seeing how so many posters have matured from yappy pups into wise old dogs......... or not

You Sir, are a dog

36 minutes ago, He aint bald said:

Been reading this forum, on and off, for  5 years  before dipping me toe in.

It was interesting looking back even further and seeing how so many posters have matured from yappy pups into wise old dogs......... or not

You Sir, are a dog

DpdEgTX.gif?1

• Haha 1