Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

10 hours ago, filbertway said:

Just having a look back at some old Vardy posts from 12/13 season, this is a gem from the oracle :D

Actually surprised me how level headed the fans were on here, because in my memory, there was a lot more virtriol towards him haha.

Nothing changes either lol

This thread is comedy gold. A nice reminder that most of us are talking shite most of the time. 

• Like 2

Guest David Oldfields Gate
8 minutes ago, Fox forever said:

Who spent the best £1m 10 years ago today?

Yes, Happy Jamie Vardy day everyone. Hug your families and thank the lord. 

Time to celebrate that first year when he got catfished by someone and was “dating” a woman from Scotland he’d never even met and didn’t actually exist. 

Didn’t think he’d turn into the GOAT then! lol

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Time to celebrate that first year when he got catfished by someone and was “dating” a woman from Scotland he’d never even met and didn’t actually exist. 

Didn’t think he’d turn into the GOAT then! lol

Wait, what?

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

5 more headers put him in the top 10 PL headed goals level with Rooney. I wouldn't have said he'd be that close, probably won't do it but it's something else worth tracking 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

We're getting him on a new deal right? 

Just watched his goal from yesterday about 5 times. It's like he hasn't aged a bit. 

Has there been any noise about a new deal? 

He's clearly got more than one year left in him. 

It's the hope that kills you. 

I remember when Forest signed Trevor Francis for £1 million and it seemed incredible back then because it more than doubled the existing British transfer record. Yes, Francis scored the winning goal when Forest won the European Cup but apart from that goal he didn't do much else for them. I don't think he even broke the 40 goal mark in all competitions in his Forest career.

Francis would have been about the same age when he joined Forest as Jamie Vardy was when he joined us for the same fee, only 33 years later after a lot of inflation, especially in the football transfer market. And Jamie hasn't finished yet.

I can't think of a better value buy in English football history. And I can't think of a better value sell than Harry Maguire.