Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

30 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I remember being terrified the "big boys" were going to come in and dismantle the squad...literally couldn't sleep after Arsenal triggered Vardy's release clause!

It would left such a bitter taste. The one player I was hoping with all my heart not to leave.

Arsenal would have won a title with him in my opinion.

As others have said I’d love him to finish his career here then become part of the back room staff . Rodgers has already stated he’s a scholar of the game and loves the tactical side of things .  To have him helping young strikers we may actually produce one from the youth team at last . 

3 hours ago, TK95 said:

It would left such a bitter taste. The one player I was hoping with all my heart not to leave.

Arsenal would have won a title with him in my opinion.

That's what made the Kante departure so much easier to take for me. Anybody but our Vards!

On 21/06/2022 at 17:36, SecretPro said:

It shouldn't even be a debate. Clearly Vards is better than Drogba.

More goals in less minutes in a shitter team after less elite level football. Its not difficult.

Why the comparison. Both great players.

Drogba probably didn't take as many penalties though because Lampard took them all.

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

This might be hyperbole but I honesty think he's one of the most iconic players in premier league history

Still feel like he's overlooked by the wider media. But if you ask any fan of any club whether they like him or not they say he's a top player.

Also I can't think of many players that have been so important to one club? Banged in goals to get us promoted, dragged us out of relegation (that goal at West Bromley in particular), was super human in the title win and then has gone on to break records all over the place. World class, iconic and the greatest of all time

• Like 3

2 hours ago, baldeagle said:

As others have said I’d love him to finish his career here then become part of the back room staff . Rodgers has already stated he’s a scholar of the game and loves the tactical side of things .  To have him helping young strikers we may actually produce one from the youth team at last . 

When your best mate gets a steady girl friend-

She might let him out for the day but forget the trip to the Reeperbahn.

The best you can hope for long term is an invite to the wedding before they f off to live in a semi detatched in some posh Birmingham suburb.

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

This might be hyperbole but I honesty think he's one of the most iconic players in premier league history

No hyperbole there.

I wanted to say that he he clearly is but not getting the same media attention as some other greats, sort of contradicts the definition of iconic

He will be though, one of the most iconic players in all English League history,

However, he will fail to meet at least one of definitions of iconic on google

1. (of a classical Greek statue) depicting a victorious athlete in a conventional style.

The statue better not be conventional

EDIT  Nor Greek, a naked Vardy doing the eagle would be just too wierd

Edited by He aint bald

6 months ago I was walking down Gracechurch St in the City of London, Not the place you'd expect to see a Leicester scarf but a little chap was wearing it accompanied by Mum, Dad and Sister. After acknowledging a fellow fan it turns out his family had no connection with Leicester but their 11 year old son's favourite player was Jamie Vardy and as a result he'd become "one of us"

Respect to the little fella and I wonder if any other player in our history has ever had this power.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, He aint bald said:

No hyperbole there.

I wanted to say that he he clearly is but not getting the same media attention as some other greats, sort of contradicts the definition of iconic

He will be though, one of the most iconic players in all English League history,

However, he will fail to meet at least one of definitions of iconic on google

1. (of a classical Greek statue) depicting a victorious athlete in a conventional style.

The statue better not be conventional

EDIT  Nor Greek, a naked Vardy doing the eagle would be just too wierd

I think that's the difference, pretty much all of the MSM recognise how good Vardy is, but they just don't talk about Vardy and Leicester enough to have it rammed down your throats like Kane, Rashford, Sterling, Mount, Trent, Saka. It has the flip side of when he does go on a barren run he doesn't get all the back page headlines suggesting he's past it.

10 hours ago, Red Squirrel said:

6 months ago I was walking down Gracechurch St in the City of London, Not the place you'd expect to see a Leicester scarf but a little chap was wearing it accompanied by Mum, Dad and Sister. After acknowledging a fellow fan it turns out his family had no connection with Leicester but their 11 year old son's favourite player was Jamie Vardy and as a result he'd become "one of us"

Respect to the little fella and I wonder if any other player in our history has ever had this power.

I very much doubt it except maybe foreign players from more niche countries like Mahrez and Daka

14 hours ago, Sampson said:

Always worth a good Vardy goal compilation. Scored some great goals early on.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching that. The skill of the man is just incredible. How he's managed to adjust his game for the better as the seasons rolled by.

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

For the average football fan he'll be remembered for his blistering pace and winding up opposition fans but yiu just have to look at the variety of goals he's scored for us. He really can do it all!

Apart from his volley in 2016 against liverpool, has he hit a screamer from outside the box? 
also, I don’t recall him setting himself and passing one into the corner from around the D with a defender infront of him ?