Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Apart from his volley in 2016 against liverpool, has he hit a screamer from outside the box? 
also, I don’t recall him setting himself and passing one into the corner from around the D with a defender infront of him ? 

Two goals vs. Arsenal in title winning season were a bit like that.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Apart from his volley in 2016 against liverpool, has he hit a screamer from outside the box? 
also, I don’t recall him setting himself and passing one into the corner from around the D with a defender infront of him ? 

Lobbed Ramsdale against Bournemouth from around 30 yards out

• Like 1

21 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Over the shoulder volley from edge of box into bottom corner against WBA.

best goal I have ever seen In terms of technical difficulty.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, urban fox said:

His technical ability is unreal. Remember that one he scored against Lloris where he let it drop of his shoulder and lifted it over him on the volley 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Yes that’s the other obvious one but again it’s an instinctive finish

im trying to thing when he’s ever picked the ball up around the edge of the D and with a defender ahead of him, stroked it into either corner.  I can’t and given the No of goals he’s scored you’d expect there to be one 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

im trying to thing when he’s ever picked the ball up around the edge of the D and with a defender ahead of him, stroked it into either corner.  I can’t and given the No of goals he’s scored you’d expect there to be one 

I don’t think I ever remember him really doing it from outside the box as probably 99% of the time he would take 1 or 2 touches to take himself into the box and then shoot

Most of his goals are either 1v1 with the keeper or where he goes into the box, takes a touch to get just ahead of the defender and then puts it across the keeper into the opposite corner

• Like 1

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

True, but Lineker once admitted that he had only ever scored one goal that he could remember from outside the box. We have the likes of Maddison and Tielemans that can do that job. I don’t care where he scores them from as long as he keeps on doing it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, urban fox said:

True, but Lineker once admitted that he had only ever scored one goal that he could remember from outside the box. We have the likes of Maddison and Tielemans that can do that job. I don’t care where he scores them from as long as he keeps on doing it.

I originally asked because someone posted that vards ‘can really do it all’ and it occurred to me that this was perhaps missing from his repertoire 

6 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Short sighted..... that is why he keeps celebrating infront of the wrong fans too

On 26/06/2022 at 18:19, st albans fox said:

His chipped volleys vs Spurs and Bournemouth were longish range screamers but a little more deft.

15 hours ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Without pens drogba wouldn’t be in the 100 club, vardy would

Still both great strikers.

I take it the "100 club" is just a Premier League based stat :yawn:

On 27/06/2022 at 20:10, urban fox said:

Lineker scored many great goals - one a blistering six-yarder.

On 27/06/2022 at 14:28, foxfanazer said:

His technical ability is unreal. Remember that one he scored against Lloris where he let it drop of his shoulder and lifted it over him on the volley 

Most under talked about goal I've possibly ever seen. I don't think enough people realise the sheer skill he showed there 

• Like 3

The Athletic today suggesting that Ten Haag should be looking to Vardy as a short term successor to Ronaldo

It'd have to be some offer to make that deal worthwhile, so I rate the chances of it happening at about 0.01%

Screenshot_20220706-101934_The Athletic.jpg

Screenshot_20220706-101953_The Athletic.jpg

• Like 1