Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

It's an opinion piece, not a transfer rumour. 

This place is bad enough with the actual rumours, can we leave the editorials out? 

Fair point. Couldn't decide between this or the Vardy thread in the Leicester forum. Happy for it to be moved

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

It's an opinion piece, not a transfer rumour. 

This place is bad enough with the actual rumours, can we leave the editorials out? 

Dont worry Indikalia will be running with it soon enough. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Fair point. Couldn't decide between this or the Vardy thread in the Leicester forum. Happy for it to be moved

I mean you should be safe to post it in either and not have people lose their minds. 

But you know full well people will just see the thread title in transfer talk, lose their minds and not actually read it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I mean you should be safe to post it in either and not have people lose their minds. 

But you know full well people will just see the thread title in transfer talk, lose their minds and not actually read it. 

I absolutely do know that, maybe subconsciously I want to see the world burn and chaos rule haha

Based on Vardy picking up more and more injuries each season, I'd be tempted to take 8-10 million if it was offered. I think there'll be very little expectation or pressure this season so would be perfect for Patson to take over the mantle.

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I genuinely think I'd see whether my body could handle 100 pints in 48 hours and every Fray Bentos I could buy in B&M if Vardy were to leave us and go to another club when we didn't want him to (US aside if he were to decide to move there in the coming years)

I AM NOT AFRAID OF DEATH

Interesting fact (that isn't really that interesting) but Lucas Torreiria and Gaston Ramirez were both born in a place called Fray Bentos. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Interesting fact (that isn't really that interesting) but Lucas Torreiria and Gaston Ramirez were both born in a place called Fray Bentos. 

Youse just got yourself down a Wikipedia whole dint you. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I genuinely think I'd see whether my body could handle 100 pints in 48 hours and every Fray Bentos I could buy in B&M if Vardy were to leave us and go to another club when we didn't want him to (US aside if he were to decide to move there in the coming years)

I AM NOT AFRAID OF DEATH

Just picturing you walking down the street, shirt covered in beer, gravy and pizza grease - "vardy's gone united, vardy's gone united!" lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

You know on X Factor when you get someone who's really shit offering to sing another song? This is the FoxesTalk equivalent ;)lol 

Hahahaa I'm the opposite, the judges see me waddle in pissed up and fat and think " here we go, here's another spud " and then I unleash the most astonishing vocal range (winger knowledge) ever heard and there's pandemonium. 

• Haha 1

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-vardy-contract-rochester-7300952

Jamie Vardy has revealed he wants to extend his Leicester City contract beyond next summer.

"At the end of the day, first and foremost, my priority is Leicester City and it always will be," Vardy told FootballJOE. That's what it comes down to: making sure I give my all day in and day out for Leicester and long may that continue.

"It (playing in America) is nothing I've considered at all. My priority is Leicester. I've still got another year left on my deal and fingers crossed if I can carry on getting the goals, still playing well and keeping fit, that can be extended to later down the line."

When asked if a move to America could be on the cards once his playing days are over, he hinted that could well be the case. "Future wise, yeah," he said about moving to the States.

"At the end of the day, it's a long-term project. It's not something that I've just got into so that I can do a year and say 'here it is for someone else'. We've started it from scratch basically, trying to get all the infrastructure right."

Go to around 06:30 in the below video

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

For anyone who played down our European journey last season... listen to what those two say it meant to them... ^^

I imagine playing at those grounds was class for the players to be fair. Especially Vards as it's a good chance it'll be the last time he'll play in European competition.

As an aside, what a day sesh that'd be with these 2 lads.

• Like 1

Just now, pmcla26 said:

Definitely! I really hope Madders stays in Vardy fashion and becomes a legend here. He comes across a real top bloke. 

He does, especially when he's not mixing with people like Grealish haha. Madders is actually very switched on and comes across as fairly intelligent. His interviews are always good value and you could definitely see him going into the media side of things if he chose to.

I've given him a fair bit of stick over the past few years, the quality has always been there but I wasn't convinced his heart was fully in it and it felt like he was drifting on his talent. Since he's had his kid it seems to have kicked him up the arse and he's been an absolute pro. Even played out of position he was affecting games regularly and I just noticed there was more hunger and discipline in his general play last season. It's so pleasing when you see a player with the ability put in the hard yards as well, it's the only recipe for consistent success.

If he continues that into this season, he'll be hot property. Especially if he finally convinces Southgate that he's worth a place in Qatar. It may be that we need to sell to bring in the next Maddison. 

• Like 3