Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

He does, especially when he's not mixing with people like Grealish haha. Madders is actually very switched on and comes across as fairly intelligent. His interviews are always good value and you could definitely see him going into the media side of things if he chose to.

I've given him a fair bit of stick over the past few years, the quality has always been there but I wasn't convinced his heart was fully in it and it felt like he was drifting on his talent. Since he's had his kid it seems to have kicked him up the arse and he's been an absolute pro. Even played out of position he was affecting games regularly and I just noticed there was more hunger and discipline in his general play last season. It's so pleasing when you see a player with the ability put in the hard yards as well, it's the only recipe for consistent success.

If he continues that into this season, he'll be hot property. Especially if he finally convinces Southgate that he's worth a place in Qatar. It may be that we need to sell to bring in the next Maddison. 

Bit like Ndidi, he seem to love it here. 

Pretty sure if ether of them had wanted to move in the last few year they would have had plenty of suitors.

Seems very settled. 

Having a trophy in the bag helps. 

• Like 1

Just watched his 10 year video and loved it. Madders and he clearly get on really well, and just seem to be enjoying themselves. Definitely put a smile back on my face after all the doom and gloom at the moment.

Our 👑🐐. Long may he reign.

36 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Just watched his 10 year video and loved it. Madders and he clearly get on really well, and just seem to be enjoying themselves. Definitely put a smile back on my face after all the doom and gloom at the moment.

Our 👑🐐. Long may he reign.

Maddison also did a similar interview with Albrighton about Marc’s career at Leicester when  he signed a contract last summer. You could also tell they got on really well. You can tell Maddison really enjoys that side of the media stuff and will probably want to go into it after he retires

• Like 3

Jamie Vardy chases the ball during the 2012 pre-season match against Burton Albion.Jamie Vardy chases the ball during the 2022 pre-season match against OH Leuven.

Pre-season 2012                                                                     Pre-season 2022

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Wymsey said:

They're trying to get some horse stable in place at theirs, but there's a stumbling block over how they're going to ethically deal with excrement etc.

Bit like how Leicesters squad refresh this summer. Struggling to get rid of the excrement 

Edited by Blue-fox

• 3 weeks later...

Article from Feb but his ratio has stayed the same 

ridiculous output given the team he has achieved it for and the age 

20. Steven Gerrard
Games: 504
Goals: 120
Goals per game: 0.24

19. Frank Lampard
Games: 609
Goals: 177
Goals per game: 0.29

18. Jermain Defoe
Games: 496
Goals: 162
Goals per game: 0.33

17. Dwight Yorke
Games: 375
Goals: 123
Goals per game: 0.33

16. Nicolas Anelka
Games: 364
Goals: 125
Goals per game: 0.34

15. Teddy Sheringham
Games: 418
Goals: 146
Goals per game: 0.35

14. Robbie Keane
Games: 349
Goals: 126
Goals per game: 0.36

13. Wayne Rooney
Games: 491
Goals: 208
Goals per game: 0.42

12. Les Ferdinand
Games: 351
Goals: 149
Goals per game: 0.42

11. Robbie Fowler
Games: 379
Goals: 163
Goals per game: 0.43

10. Romelu Lukaku
Games: 269
Goals: 118
Goals per game: 0.44

9. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
Games: 288
Goals: 127
Goals per game: 0.44

8. Andrew Cole
Games: 414
Goals: 187
Goals per game: 0.45

7. Michael Owen
Games: 326
Goals: 150
Goals per game: 0.46

6. Jamie Vardy
Games: 261
Goals: 127
Goals per game: 0.49

5. Robin van Persie
Games: 280
Goals: 144
Goals per game: 0.51

4. Alan Shearer
Games: 441
Goals: 260
Goals per game: 0.59

3. Harry Kane
Games: 267
Goals: 173
Goals per game: 0.65

2. Sergio Aguero
Games: 275
Goals: 184
Goals per game: 0.67

1. Thierry Henry
Games: 258
Goals: 175
Goals per game: 0.68

He struggled to get into the game for me,and worryingly looked slow, which is inevitable. I know we've been here before , but I'd be trying to play Kelechi and Daka in a 2...that's potentially the future and could take time to bed in, but why not try. At 36 \ 37 Vardy has to be an impact sub

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, filbertway said:

18 touches. 1 Assist for Jesus and a dive Tom Daley would have been proud of :D

Missed the game, how was he yesterday? Only saw MOTD which obviously just showed the 2 negatives.

No one at the back or deep midfield looks up to see if he or anyone else is making a run. I've lost count of the number of times I've shouted at the screen or at the match so and so's making a run. Ironically for me Amartey seems to make the most forward  penetrating passes. Which is not surprising since they all seem to want to give him the ball. I think they have a mantra of if in doubt give it to Amartey,

• Like 1

He's quite clearly slowing down and we need to use Daka and Nacho more but we just didn't play to his strengths at all yesterday so it was always going to be a write off game for him.

His flick on was poor for their goal but so was the defending that followed with no one on the back post and Amartey the wrong side of Jesus.

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Shane said:

His movement was very good in the first half, dragged their defence all over the place. Good performance :)

7 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Get 1 and the goals will flow.

Great touch for the second goal.

2nd half he looked fatigued. Like he lost his energy and then couldn't keep the ball. 

But I do agree, first half he did look sharp and pressed in the right areas at the right times. 

• Like 2