Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

It’s worth saying that for all his lack of goals, he’s currently one of the top assisters in the division this season, only behind De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva and weirdly, Alex Iwobi.

And that’s despite him being rotated with Daka and only really playing 60 minutes when he does start.

He’s still pressing well and you can see his movement is still great and he’s contributing positively. The goals will come, his finishing ability is one of the last things of his that will go - the fact he’s been getting into goal scoring positions but missing chances is far less worrying than if he wasn’t getting those chances.

But more than that, I feel like he’s been transitioning back into the role he used to play under Pearson, when he was alongside Nugent or Ulloa and was often much more of a provider than scorer and used to get loads of assists (didn’t ge get double figures in assists in our great escape season?)

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

It’s worth saying that for all his lack of goals, he’s currently one of the top assisters in the division this season, only behind De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva and weirdly, Alex Iwobi.

And that’s despite him being rotated with Daka and only really playing 60 minutes when he does start.

He’s still pressing well and you can see his movement is still great and he’s contributing positively. The goals will come, his finishing ability is one of the last things of his that will go - the fact he’s been getting into goal scoring positions but missing chances is far less worrying than if he wasn’t getting those chances.

But more than that, I feel like he’s been transitioning back into the role he used to play under Pearson, when he was alongside Nugent or Ulloa and was often much more of a provider than scorer and used to get loads of assists (didn’t ge get double figures in assists in our great escape season?)

When you consider how many chances we're creating his lack of goals is not that surprising it's more surprising how many everyone else is scoring.

9 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I'm assuming BBC have got it wrong, but he has 4 assists this season, but only created 1 chance.

Screenshot_20221024-091055.thumb.png.9ae014f2f38303aab91931f745eb695b.png

I don't know about the other 3 but he got an assist at the weekend for a five yard ball to maddison who dribbled at 3 players and slammed it in from outside the box. 

Difficult to make an argument that vardy created the chance, that was down to maddison. 

Edit: was the same for his assist of dewsbury Hall at Brentford plays a simple pass and KDH hits it in from 25 yards. 

Edited by The whole world smiles

9 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I don't know about the other 3 but he got an assist at the weekend for a five yard ball to maddison who dribbled at 3 players and slammed it in from outside the box. 

Difficult to make an argument that vardy created the chance, that was down to maddison. 

Edit: was the same for his assist of dewsbury Hall at Brentford plays a simple pass and KDH hits it in from 25 yards. 

Same with Barnes Vs Forest.

Maybe it is correct then.

I'll give him the Chelsea assist as a chance, he plays a 1-2 with Barnes and sets him free in the area. Barnes still has a bit to do, but Vardy's pass did set up the chance.

Edited by Captain...

58 minutes ago, Captain... said:

You forgot winding up the crowd, classic Vardy, little howl, then tells all the fans they stink.

Perhaps the Wolves fans were doing the very original 'grass' chant. To think that some believe they'll deflect him from his game is very unfortunate for them. 

23 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Perhaps the Wolves fans were doing the very original 'grass' chant. To think that some believe they'll deflect him from his game is very unfortunate for them. 

As long as Mrs.Vardy continues her antics in public we are ok. Jamie will continue to score :)

Honestly it really pains me to say this, but now I think it's time that Vardy is no longer a starter. He just doesn't have the legs in him now. When Nacho and Daka came on it felt like we possessed much more going forward. I love the guy but it's time to call it and say he's gotta be an impact sub at the most. Will struggle to get to 10 goals this season even if he starts most of the games. Sad to say it. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, hejammy said:

Honestly it really pains me to say this, but now I think it's time that Vardy is no longer a starter. He just doesn't have the legs in him now. When Nacho and Daka came on it felt like we possessed much more going forward. I love the guy but it's time to call it and say he's gotta be an impact sub at the most. Will struggle to get to 10 goals this season even if he starts most of the games. Sad to say it. 

Never write Vardy off. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, hejammy said:

Had nothing to do with the way we changed the shape and intent.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hejammy said:

And it was the opposite last week when Vardy came on and gave us fresh impetus. He’s obviously not at his absolute peak anymore but there’s still plenty of life left in him yet. I think 10 goals isn’t exactly the end of the world, if it was with 6 or 7 assists would be a good return anyway.

Edited by Sampson

If Brendan believes Iheanacho can’t play on his own up front, then Vardy must be questioned too. He has been in a steady decline over the last two years, moving towards a player who should not be considered an automatic starter. Whilst it was difficult for him yesterday, there were times we broke and his movement was poor by not properly showing for the pass.

There was a moment in the 1st half when a ball was played down the flank for Vardy to chase for. He does and gets to the ball first, but instead of attacking the CB, he turns back and eventually the ball ends up at Ward's feet. He still has the enthusiasm and energy, but that turn of pace to skin the defender doesn't seem to be there anymore. I hope I'm wrong but I've a sneaky feeling this is Vardy's last season with us.