Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

17 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Vardy’s finishing is off target at the moment 

if he re discovers that he’ll be having them goals in again. Chances are still coming to him

We can’t be waiting for him to score goals when we have as good or if not better players on the bench. Can’t think of a chance against Man City for him.

7 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

Vardy shouldn’t be starting games for us anymore. He’s our greatest ever player for many reasons, but to expect him to still be able to perform as a lone striker when he’s almost 36 is too much. Impact sub at best now. 

I keep harping on about the 5 sub thing but in general the impact of attacking fresh legs for the last 20 minutes is lessened if the opposition has just refreshed and reorganised its defensive midfield. 2016 Vardy would have been a late terror but I see him more as a worker now.

As others have said, but for poor finishing this season he could have had 5 or 6 goals....... he aint done yet.

I agree that he has lost sustained pace and at 36 he should not be playing the lone striker for extended periods. He would still be a handful, if not a terror, as an impact sub.

However, If I was boss I would try and utilize him for part of the game, well supported or in a partnership.

I honestly think he would be better used starting in a partnership and grafting for 30 to 45 mins and using a sub or two to reorganise early.

Even in an early straight swap with Daka, Daka would still be finishing the game with 30 to 45 minutes less running in his legs, still fresh as a daisy at the final whistle

I was very, very concerned when Vardy didn't shoot when he was in on goal in the first half. Had some very scary thoughts on how he might be on a sharp decline...

And then his second goal he makes a fool of three players and slots it in, as cool as you like.

He never lets his head drop. He keeps pushing.

Legend.

Edited by Tanya
  • Like 4

All strikers need to score regularly to keep that belief, JV has always been a streaky player in terms of scoring and not scoring. His age will get questioned more and more, if we give him some fixtures like last night, where there is a greater chance of scoring, he can still be a useful member of the squad, but I like to see Daka starting as it shows we are looking forward.

12 hours ago, Tanya said:

I was very, very concerned when Vardy didn't shoot when he was in on goal in the first half. Had some very scary thoughts on how he might be on a sharp decline...

And then his second goal he makes a fool of three players and slots it in, as cool as you like.

He never lets his head drop. He keeps pushing.

Legend.

There are reasons behind his decision to pass the ball to Perez for a tap in. First off all it was Newport and strikers like Vardy often come into these games against significantly weaker opponents with a different mentality. Secondly, it was obvious since the first minute of the game that the plan was to have Perez involved as much as possible, mainly to increase his confidence/morale I reckon. 

Vardy is an intelligent player, he knew before the game that he would have at least 2-3 chances of 1-on-1 against Newport's GK. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...