Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

This is said time and time again yet our strikers miss chances. Games this season that they should have scored. Chelsea away, for example, Vardy missed two good chances.

My biggest issue, as it always has been, is Rodgers' preference to persist with one up front. Even more so when that one striker is soon to be 36 years old. No other top flight team would persist like this. We needed a quality striker and we didn't get it, same issue as the right wing once Mahrez left.

Ok I am not disagreeing with your points, but he is our best striker in terms of:

Team cohesion in the air and on the ground.  As he actually retains posession and brings others into the  final 3rd. 

I believe he is our best finisher, all strikers miss chances as we all know... 

I don't buy into this 36 argument, he will deteriorate physically of course. His game and advantage has always been is pace, also his mental speed in attacking situations. 

All I'm saying is if we persist with 1, then I would select JV 1st Just my opinion. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Does anyone else feel like he has fallen off a cliff?

Father Time waits for no man. 

He’s our greatest ever player in the modern era of football. I’m

pretty sure that this one will be his last. 

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Or just playing in a them that creates little.

Daka 3 goals 

Nacho 2 goals

Vardy 3 goals

Strikers graveyard.

We need to play with two of them, whilst we have no Maddison. 

• Like 2

There's so many  times he makes runs and the ball doesn't get passed to him. Some of the stick he gets seems unfair considering that even the other strikers are not exactly scoring loads, this is a problem with the whole team creating virtually nothing  all the time not the strikers. It's amazing how some people say he's finished yet expect him to score every chance he gets, when in reality no striker does that. Every striker misses chances, it just that most of them will get more chances per game to paper over the chances missed. At this moment in time vardy along with the others are getting one or two chances per game if they are lucky, knowing full well they probably won't get another and I think this is actually putting more pressure on them rather then doing what comes naturally. Vardy got 15 goals last season despite being injured a lot, no player would go from this to finished in the space of a few months. This is crap tactics and a lack of confidence in front of goal.

• Like 2

Just now, foxinmyhouse said:

There's so many  times he makes runs and the ball doesn't get passed to him. Some of the stick he gets seems unfair considering that even the other strikers are not exactly scoring loads, this is a problem with the whole team creating virtually nothing  all the time not the strikers. It's amazing how some people say he's finished yet expect him to score every chance he gets, when in reality no striker does that. Every striker misses chances, it just that most of them will get more chances per game to paper over the chances missed. At this moment in time vardy along with the others are getting one or two chances per game if they are lucky, knowing full well they probably won't get another and I think this is actually putting more pressure on them rather then doing what comes naturally. Vardy got 15 goals last season despite being injured a lot, no player would go from this to finished in the space of a few months. This is crap tactics and a lack of confidence in front of goal.

Agree it’s not Vardy, the system for our forwards is totally out of sync..

Daka is the proof,and Nacho just can’t control any ball..

Barnes not finding room,our Rodgers system is failing..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Vardy proved today that he is now a spent force. It's easy to criticise the service he gets but once upon a time he would have finished this game by scoring 2 goals.

...and we still have next season to look forward to.

He does need more service, it's been an incredible career given how many chances he actually gets and I think that's been his biggest strength in recent years. But some weird decision making in recent weeks, the ball across the box when he knew noone was there and why he turned back and went away from goal in particular today. 

I think there is a bit of self realisation there, and he's thinking about the end 

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Dunno how people are still saying he gets no service when he missed two or three good chances today. 

Strikers miss chances all the time. They can't expect to score every chance they get. 

I do think Vardy needs to do more to get more service though. 

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Strikers miss chances all the time. They can't expect to score every chance they get. 

I do think Vardy needs to do more to get more service though. 

I never said they don’t miss chances.

But ours miss a lot yet people always come back to this “lack of service”. 

There needs to be more movement from the strikers too. It’s not all just on someone else creating.

Edited by Fox92

5 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

His contract extension is seeming another one for the “chalk it up as sentimental rather than football decision” yet again.

I don’t say that lightly as love the man.

In the space of about three weeks in the summer we sold Kasper to cut the wage bill, and resigned Vardy on another year, Vardys current deal lasted this season, whether he's spent or not time will tell, but he didn't need a contract extension when he still had nearly a season left.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1