Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

Guest David Oldfields Gate

You could put Pele in his prime in this team and would do no better than Vardy at the moment. The problem is not him.

6 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Giving him another deal was madness. He's our best ever by miles but he's 36 for ****s sake

He's still 35 - until next Wednesday.

Don't age him :ph34r:

Edited by Izzy

23 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

You could put Pele in his prime in this team and would do no better than Vardy at the moment. The problem is not him.

well I know it makes for a funny post but we all know this is not true.

Vardy missed some shots. We cant say he’s the problem as there’s too many variables  involved but  an aging striker who’s relied on pace plus he missed some straightforward shots.. we’d be naive to think that was not part of the problem..

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Why do I keep seeing this lol Vardy missed two good chances today.

Vardy is struggling but so is the rest of our attackers, this for me is due to the tactics and style we are currently utilising. We create very little and this is so reminiscent of the last dire months under Puel. We need fresh ideas and tactics where we are on the front foot, pressing high and getting in teams faces, thus current shite of passing sideways amongst our defenders until someone lumps an aimless ball into the box is not going to help any of our forwards let alone Vards. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Koke said:

He missed chances today that he he'd bury two years ago. Man is finished sadly. He's 36. Time to move on.

They were not clean chances,and just always in such circumstances  off his perfect runs..

I still believe even Vardy fans sometimes fail to see,other teammates moves

and the good balls the assists were,after good clean pressure,no matter how short.

We can talk about crispness of Vardy,but it was also the crispness of the passes and the movement to him.
Vardy has changed his game,he had to,he doesn’t charge down lost causes,but

still made & saw space & chances…The team movement is now out of sync…

I believe Vardy still has the games in him,but the movement for him & Daka is not ticking right… 

I would love Nacho & Vardy to play more,but when Nacho does play,even score,

his alround control,when we open up defences,is lost because of his lack of immediate simple ball control…worse than Perez or others who get criticised…

He’s a legend, no one will ever argue that. He’s been one of our best ever but it really isn’t helping the club move forward by clinging on to the past. A proportion of our fan base need to understand that Jamie Vardy now isn’t even half of what Jamie Vardy was 3 years ago. Listen to any ex professional footballer and they will tell you that all of a sudden you find out you just don’t have it anymore, that is clearly dawning on Vardy now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Did you not see Nacho dribble through their defence? Pele would of scored at least 3 in that game.

• Like 1