Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

Starting to feel like he should have gone to America by now and left us closer to his prime. 

Deserves the benefit of the doubt though after all he has done for us, and I am curious to see him under a different manager for the rest of the season. 

He has never really been suited to Brendan-ball

I actually believe,he still has it,but the young pretenders behind him are not giving enough quality or support.

Snap chances in a poor performing team ,ain't the way to judge this legend.and this modern Brendan ball,is  choking him & Barnes..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

Remember in the dark days under Puel, Vards suffered then as well, whilst there is no doubting he is on the wane and he has lost that explosive pace, he still has loads to offer, we are not creating loads of chances, so when they do come along because confidence is low, he is snatching at them. If Vards had lost it he wouldn’t be in position to miss the chances. 

For me, given Vards love of the club, he would never down tools, however something looks to have happened behind the scenes as his relationship with Rodgers looks very similar to that of Puel. I don’t think he believes in Rodgers anymore. 

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Can people stop talking about lack of service now. At least one on a plate and one dragged wide. 

Problem is people use the same defence of Daka as well if you say we have no real other good options. Vardy should only really have the odd cameo off the bench nowadays, but ultimately, as much as I want him to come good, Daka isn't paricuartly good enough as a replacement either, which is why Vardy still gets so much gametime.

• Like 3

Was hard to watch him last night. His movement is clearly still there in terms of getting into the right spaces but everything else looks like it's gone. I'm sad that he's coming to the end whilst the club is in such a mess

Hope he doesn't get the Schmeichel treatment 

Edited by foxfanazer

14 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Problem is people use the same defence of Daka as well if you say we have no real other good options. Vardy should only really have the odd cameo off the bench nowadays, but ultimately, as much as I want him to come good, Daka isn't paricuartly good enough as a replacement either, which is why Vardy still gets so much gametime.

Well I don’t rate Daka, it’s just mad we’re in a situation where we our 36 year old is our main threat up front. People use “lack of service” as an excuse yet yesterday Daka chose to pass the ball when in on goal (what was that about!?) and Vardy missed one of the easiest chances we’ll see all season.

1 minute ago, Haywood_6 said:

Not really contributed this season, has he? Great chances against Gillingham and Newcastle. He's fluffed them. He's also getting chants about his wife every 2 minutes. 

Think this may contribute to his poor form more than most would think.

He's always thrived on winding fans up and getting a certain amount of abuse, but at his age and with what he's done in the game I suspect he's getting a bit tired of the dogs abuse his missus gets every time he picks the ball up and he's probably started thinking maybe he should just pack it all in.

7 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I actually believe,he still has it,but the young pretenders behind him are not giving enough quality or support.

Snap chances in a poor performing team ,ain't the way to judge this legend.and this modern Brendan ball,is  choking him & Barnes..

Your absolutely right. Stick him up top with Iheanacho who can create aswell as finish and i reckon the goals will come again. 

• Like 1

Guy misses a couple of chances and suddenly he's finished? 

He's been in and out of the team, low on confidence, surrounded by a squad who can barely muster together a string of three passes let alone create chances and has to contend with a stubborn manager who refuses to adapt even when its obvious that we're failing miserably on the pitch. 

You could put Lewandowski or Benzema on their own up front in this side and the outcome would still be the same. 

There is life in this old dog yet.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's an old cliché but worry about a striker when he's not getting into scoring positions more so than when he is and is missing the chance.   

The usual Foxes Talk hyperbole about him being finished, done etc. 

He's always been streaky and if he puts one or two of these chances away and shuts up the opposition fans he'll still be capable of bagging a few goals I'm sure.  The wife stuff I am sure is affecting him as others have said.  The best way to answer is with goals. 

Yes, he's never going to be the prolific striker he has been and sure we definitely shouldn't be relying on him week in and week out.  But all this writing off the GOAT so quickly and trying to throw him in the bin is silly, particularly when the team as a whole is playing like ten day old tripe.  He still has something to offer, we just have to revise expectations a little bit.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Fine saying he’s finished but the fact he crafted possibly our two best chances in the space of 2 minutes shows he still is probably our best forward at the moment lol

This is my thoughts.

No reason his finishing won’t come back. When he stops getting in positions then I’ll consider him finished.