Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Well I don’t rate Daka, it’s just mad we’re in a situation where we our 36 year old is our main threat up front. People use “lack of service” as an excuse yet yesterday Daka chose to pass the ball when in on goal (what was that about!?) and Vardy missed one of the easiest chances we’ll see all season.

I suspect what that’s about is BR stressing to him the importance of always thinking of alternative options (or other such BS), and not quite understanding the Shakespearian prose he second guessed the right thing to do was pass not shoot. 

The Daka that we signed, before Rodgers was let loose, would have instinctively drilled it and not given it a second thought.

2 hours ago, lee7 said:

Your absolutely right. Stick him up top with Iheanacho who can create aswell as finish and i reckon the goals will come again. 

Iheanacho yet again came on yesterday and looked lost. Lost the ball more times than I can remember.

44 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

He can miss 100 more chances like last night and I wouldn’t even be anywhere close to turning on him.

I suspect he’ll be one of the greatest, if not the greatest, I’ll have watched play for us in my lifetime. Legend!

Nobody is "turning on him", everybody loves him.

Criticism isn't "turning on" someone. Everybody is criticised and, rightly so, because nobody is above it.

• Like 3

It's fine to say he's finished or on a downward spiral but still absolutely love him to bits and admire & be thankful for all he's done for us and achieved with us. You don't have to be one or the other. 

You won't find any Leicester fan that hates Vardy. There are no haters. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Nobody is "turning on him", everybody loves him.

Criticism isn't "turning on" someone. Everybody is criticised and, rightly so, because nobody is above it.

Perhaps it’s a problem with the phraseology on my part, and if so that’s on me, but where did I accuse others of turning on him?

I simply stated that I personally wouldn’t, even if he continued his current run of form for a long time. He’s a legend so I hope the vast majority of our fans would feel the same.

21 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Put Vardy in a functioning team and then we can judge if he's still got it, prime Messi would look garbage playing with this lot at the moment.

Exactly. No striker should be judged on how they are performing when the manager is setting the team up to be scared of Newcastle.

As soon as January is over and Brendan has finished making his point and allows the team to attack again we should start seeing the Vardy of old. 

• Like 3

The only thing that is worth the entrance fee at the moment is seeing the great man in the flesh, whether he's warming up or missing point blank on the pitch.

They will be talking about him in hundreds of years I'm sure, we're still in the era - savour every minute. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

As shite as hes been i think he needs to start tomorrow to set the tone for what is expecting aggression wise. Cant just go into this as a team full of choir boys like usual, will need to be aggressive and in their faces to have any sort of hope of a result tomorrow. 

Opposition must love it when we play Vardy as the sole striker.

He is ineffective and if we somehow make a clear cut chance for him he is misfiring.