Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

10 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

If it’s true it absolute madness that we gave him the same deal for a further 2 seasons in the summer. It just sums up what has gone wrong with the club.

Ffs people it was one further season. 

He was already contracted until this summer and it was extended by ONE year. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Ffs people it was one further season. 

He was already contracted until this summer and it was extended by ONE year. 

We are too generous and its been going on for so long, just cripples us. Albrighton's here until 2024 as well and he's done. Wouldn't surprise me if Evans got a new deal despite all his injury issues.

• Like 1

Sad to see him like this and got me thinking about when I played football and ended up stopping. The decline isn’t gradual, it’s usually really sudden. His has been a really sudden one and he , more than anyone else, will know it. 

What a legend he’s been for the club, though. The greatest ever. 

This club sometimes. I hope Vardy is spitting blood with the club for playing this formation during his final years. But we are seeing the same problem with a much younger striker (Daka) and Vards. We generate nothing, we are so slow, and at this stage I dont see the sense in just saying Vardy is the problem. 

• Like 1

It's ironic that in the early days of Rodgers here Vardy produced some of his greatest moments for the club yet in the latter days it's Rodgers who has pretty much put out his spark. I think the early days were Jamie's swansong.

Probably rightly considered our greatest ever signing and his decline is symbolic of our clubs fall back into the abyss. 

• Like 1

On 14/01/2023 at 22:39, lcfcsnow said:

We are too generous and its been going on for so long, just cripples us. Albrighton's here until 2024 as well and he's done. Wouldn't surprise me if Evans got a new deal despite all his injury issues.

Last I checked Albrighton is still whipping in quality crosses.

The problem is if we sack off players, there needs to be someone as good to replace them.

On 14/01/2023 at 22:39, lcfcsnow said:

Not just you, but how ruthless (but toothless) you all are - in bewailing and bemoaning the fact that Vardy gets a furtherance of his tenure at City. And I have to laugh at the contradiction of using 'we'  rather than 'City' - as in "we are too generous". Vardy deserves this so-called generosity for what he's contributed to the club and thus, all our joyous memories of the renaissance and glorification of LCFC.

He's still ahead of Daka and Iheanacho, especially in the perceptive and intelligent positioning and movement he shows off the ball.

That he doesn't get the service he needs ain't his responsibility. And I'd opine that, with KDH and Madders back in, and a focused Tielemans (and even with Soumare), this mediocre, insipid period would have been much different.

Finally, how tight y'all are with money that's not yours. Such a bunch of chisits.