Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

He looked to be a bit slow yesterday to anticipate the break of the ball - in turn that made him look slow to get to where he needed to be to make a challenge or receive the ball. Marc also looked to be treading water over the first few yards.  if we’re on,y playing once a week then he can manage that but daka needs a run of games to get his sharpness up and as for kel …….

If anyone believe that we are where we are as a club, because of an aging Jamie Vardy who is our best ever striker, think again. 

He gets ZERO service.

Every striker to have played the game misses chances. 

Vardy is a limited footballer, however he is exceptional in certain circumstances, we just never put him in those situations, the tactics we implement do not suit his game. 

Edited by Kilworthfox
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Kilworthfox said:

If anyone believe that we are where we are as a club, because of an aging Jamie Vardy who is our best ever striker, think again. 

He gets ZERO service.

Every striker to have played the game misses chances. 

Vardy is a limited footballer, however he is exceptional in certain circumstances, we just never put him in those situations, the tactics we implement do not suit his game. 

Not anymore.

• Like 1

Vardy us to be a one man band able to carry the team, scare other team to death.

Before he could feed on scraps and still make and score goals with little or no service, turn long hopefully punt up field into carnage.

he can't do that anymore, but that doesn't mean his finished, he just becomes a fox in the box.

Biggest issue we have is we have very little creativity, aside Barnes and Maddison.

Without Maddison Barnes is our only outlet and can be double teamed by the opposition. 

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Vardy us to be a one man band able to carry the team, scare other team to death.

Before he could feed on scraps and still make and score goals with little or no service, turn long hopefully punt up field into carnage.

he can't do that anymore, but that doesn't mean his finished, he just becomes a fox in the box.

Biggest issue we have is we have very little creativity, aside Barnes and Maddison.

Without Maddison Barnes is our only outlet and can be double teamed by the opposition. 

I’m not sure he can be a fox in the box as he has missed so many sitters recently - completely unlike him in his pomp. He’ll be 37 next season leading the line!

• Like 1

Definitely lost his pace which is perfectly understandable given his age. What is concerning is that he seems to have lost that bite that he used to have. The sly shoulder barges, pushes into hoardings as the ball runs out of play, trips, etc. All things that alongside his pace made him a horrible striker to come up against. I appreciate that you do mellow a bit with age but he looks like he's completely lost any fight. 

• Like 2

He's too nice..he should be growling at his teammates, tell them not to give shit passes.instead of ok with thumbs aloft..or teammates not supporting in the box or too late...not a nice clap but a few savage words,if Rodgers ask him to calm down,tell him to fk-off, he's on the pitch these minutes are mine..I rule!!  I am the reason your haufen play forward is to get it too me..!!! Not in shit space,not 15yards in front, 10 - 8 yards is the sweet pass....Coach them to get it right...there are boundaries at my age....Play for me,not against...9 other profits who should now

know me..!!

Presently they are shit, and I am asked to be nice..!!?*©®¢ that...!

Alcoholic Free red bull is no compromise,give me & them the real thing.....

Including no diluted tactics...

Edited by fuchsntf

None of us want to see it, let alone say it, but it’s clear as day that his contribution has diminished hugely. His all round game is nowhere near the levels required.

Vards is arguably, Leicesters greatest ever player with everything he’s achieved but his all round performances (even when excusing chances missed) means he’s currently contributing very little, they’re the facts.

• Like 2